medical assistant jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

cara in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

i went to school for medical assistant and graduated in may 2008 and still can't find a job. they all wan't experienced or certified thru the AAMA you can only take the AAMA test twice a year.the cut off was august for the january test. if i would have known there were no jobs out there i wouldn't have wasted 14,000 dollars to go to school . i should have went for surgical tech like i wanted to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nerfitte Wanzo in Downey, California

75 months ago

cara in Chicago, Illinois said: i went to school for medical assistant and graduated in may 2008 and still can't find a job. they all wan't experienced or certified thru the AAMA you can only take the AAMA test twice a year.the cut off was august for the january test. if i would have known there were no jobs out there i wouldn't have wasted 14,000 dollars to go to school . i should have went for surgical tech like i wanted to

I to have went to school to become a medical assistant and I have a tuition to pay back that is almost the same amount. When I found out how much MA's
really make. I thought that why did I go to school to pay $12,000 to get paid $10.00 an hour. I also should have taken a course that would have benefited
me in College like medical billing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra LBarajas in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

I also graduated in August,2008 and I completed my internship. I have sent out my resume to all the places I called. I haven't go a responce from any of the clinics and hospital. I'm down to the lasts of my savings. Most of the places do want CMA and experience 1-2 yrs. How dose one get the experience if these places don't give you a chance to prove that you able to do what your trained for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in San Francisco, California

75 months ago

Sandra LBarajas in Los Angeles, California said: I also graduated in August,2008 and I completed my internship. I have sent out my resume to all the places I called. I haven't go a responce from any of the clinics and hospital. I'm down to the lasts of my savings. Most of the places do want CMA and experience 1-2 yrs. How dose one get the experience if these places don't give you a chance to prove that you able to do what your trained for.

I too graduated recently from MA school and I am having such a hard time finding a job. Seriously everyone wants someone with 1-2 years experience. But how are you supposed to get experience if no one will hire you? Its ridiculous! Has anyone had any luck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gene hunt in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

The advertisements and the MA schools are very alluring, and the promises they make even more so. They also "fool you" into government loans and grants that sound reasonable at the time,if you can find a job,and if you make more than 9.00 or $10.00 dollars an hour. Very few grads can even find an entry level job,another deception of these "professional training schools". That,in itself,is by far the most depressing aspect of the whole schooling experience. I had a 4.00 gpa and no one, I mean NO ONE!, will hire me. I now have to pay back $3000, and work in a machine shop!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

gene hunt in Houston, Texas said: The advertisements and the MA schools are very alluring, and the promises they make even more so. They also "fool you" into government loans and grants that sound reasonable at the time,if you can find a job,and if you make more than 9.00 or $10.00 dollars an hour. Very few grads can even find an entry level job,another deception of these "professional training schools". That,in itself,is by far the most depressing aspect of the whole schooling experience. I had a 4.00 gpa and no one, I mean NO ONE!, will hire me. I now have to pay back $3000, and work in a machine shop!

Consider yourself lucky that you dont have to pay back more. What school did you go to in houston??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ltphim in Kansas City, Missouri

74 months ago

My daughter also went to school for Medical Assistant and can not get a job. She has over 14.000 dollars to pay back for nothing. 236 My daughter wanted to be an x-ray Technician and they talked her out of that and into the Medical Assistant. They were also suppose to help her find a job, but that didn't happen either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gene hunt in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

Maybe we should all band together and contact the District Attorneys' office and express our disatisfaction and extreme disintentment with these schools that I see in every paper,television add, and job magazine,even at grocery stores.
This in my opinion is one of the greatest "rip offs" in our
education system.
The money these school our making is astronomical !!!!!!!
We learn about Pharmacology, Blood work, terminology and ananatomy in less than a year. Each one of these items most legitament schools take a year to learn seperately !!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

As sad as it sounds, I dont think the DA's office would care. The trade schools in the houston area such as, Remington College, Texas School of Business, Everest Institute, Westwood College etc, they are ALL for profit schools. I ALMOST attended Remington and was shocked at how much it cost, $14,000 for tutition. RIDICULOUS!!!! The first day of class when I didnt show up, the director of admissions, Mr Ed Flores, called me, why?!?!? IMO, its because he wanted his fat commission check for getting as many students into the school as possible.

The financial aid counselor didnt know what she was talking about, and the admissions lady could barely speak english.
Not to mention, some of the staff, the teacher for the medical assistant program, if I remember correctly wasnt even a medical assistant but had a been an medical office manager for some years.

It truly saddens me to know that these schools would rather take students money then worry about their education or their careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Miheret in Raleigh, North Carolina

73 months ago

went to school for medical assistant and graduated in june 2008 and still can't find a job. everyone want experienced.if i would have known that there were no jobs out there i wouldn't have wasted 14,000 dollars to go to school. I am now certified Medical assistant, but I don't find any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rose in Plainfield, Illinois

73 months ago

cara in Chicago, Illinois said: i went to school for medical assistant and graduated in may 2008 and still can't find a job. they all wan't experienced or certified thru the AAMA you can only take the AAMA test twice a year.the cut off was august for the january test. if i would have known there were no jobs out there i wouldn't have wasted 14,000 dollars to go to school . i should have went for surgical tech like i wanted to

It took me about 5 or 6 months to finda job I did take the AAMA Cert. test It is a hard test but it is worth it.
My advise to you is take what you can get for now you need some practical experience first keep sending out you resume. hop thi helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sakeena in Franklin, Tennessee

72 months ago

Nerfitte Wanzo in Downey, California said: I to have went to school to become a medical assistant and I have a tuition to pay back that is almost the same amount. When I found out how much MA's
really make. I thought that why did I go to school to pay $12,000 to get paid $10.00 an hour. I also should have taken a course that would have benefited
me in College like medical billing.

I have two month of schooling left and I will soon graduate with a degree. I went to school for a medical assistant and I am working in the field that I went to school for. There are other things that you can do with the medical assistance title for ex. draw blood. I know where I live you can make up to 16 bucks an hour. All I can say is keep trying the place that you did your intern and externship may hire you, I applied at the place I did my intern and I am working for that company now. Keep trying and don't give up I know peds are always hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kmcb in Lawrenceville, Georgia

72 months ago

So, im about to GO to school for something...i have looked in almost every health care field. Dental assisting, Med assisting, Radiology Tech., Dental Hygiene.....and so far i see that most people either cant find a job or cant hold a steady one....why is that?

Cant you get a job in a med office as an apprentice and that could be your experience??

So now i dont know WHAT i want to do anymore. Seems like there is no guaranteed jobs once i am done with school, no matter what field i go into.

Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brenda_ck in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

i graduated in july of 08 and i still havent found a job. ive had 5 interviews and nothing. now i have to pay back 16,000.00 its a recession!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ally Spears in East Haven, Connecticut

72 months ago

I aon many also graduate in july of 08 and have been on many interviews and hawve done a few perdiem jpobs but nothing perm I am so sick I ma taking a job where ever I can find one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cndy in North Las Vegas, Nevada

72 months ago

Wow, you guys really paid alot for your schooling. Here in Vegas I got an excellent education, after Pell grants only owe about $6,000. I was one of the lucky one's that got hired of of my internship site. I kept my mouth shut, worked my butt off and Thanked the recruiter for allowing me the opportunity to intern with their practice. My hard work and mostly my Thank you e-mail to the recruiter paid off. Out of 100's of externs I believe I was called because I showed extra interest and contacted te recruiter directly. She called me with a job interview and after that interview I e-mailed her and thanked her for the opportunity to have interviewed with one of her practices and to keep my in mind for the future. Well I got the job, and I only have 5 weeks intership experience. Just want to tell you guys that I know it sucks and it's hard out there, but you need to go above and beyond your fellow students if you want that job. A Thank you note or e-mail shows interest and motivation. Give it a shot. Good luck everyone...Times are tough

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skinny minny in Pearland, Texas

71 months ago

ASHIA in Hempstead, New York said: I UNDERSTAND WHAT UR SAYING I WORK FOR A COMPANY AND I GOT FIRED BECAUSE I NEEDED TIME OFF.. MY MOM GOT SICK AND I NEEDED THE TIME NOT ONLY BEEING OUT OFF WORK IM STILL OUT OF WORK SO I UNDERSTAND AND I HAVE ALL THE MEDICAL HISTORY THERE IS TO BE HAVE THE SCHOOLING THE BACK ROUND AND MORE AND STILL CANT FIND AJOB

hi iam in the same as you are in start i school in Everest Institute feb 11 and iam debation if i start paying this money and what if i dont find a job in medical assisant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

WSR in Toledo, Ohio

71 months ago

Hi, I'm thinking about going to MA School, but I really want to be either an optician or a Ophthmalic tech. there are no schools in my area for those occupations. Will the MA degree help me to get one of these positons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angela in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

Don't waste any of your time or money on trying to become a Medical Assistant. All these schools do is take your money and laugh themselves silly to the bank. I can guarantee you that if you get certified as a Medical Assistant you will regret it. For one you will only make one dollar more than minimum wage. And second you will have a hard time trying to find a job. If you get certified as a CNA (certified nursing assistant) then you can easily get a job at a hospital where there is so many opportunities. Go to a real College and get a real job like a CNA, they actually make more than an MA. I know that there are cheap CNA classes you just have to look. If the school like for example ICDC College offers MA classes, offers CNA don't take it there. They will charge you more than what the class is worth. Please don't make the same mistake that I made getting an MA certificate . Now I am a Moniter Technician/Unit Secretary at a hospital making way more than an MA. Take real courses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ltphim in Kansas City, Kansas

71 months ago

Do not do the MA, they take your money and when you are done thats it, you can't find a job and if by some chance you do it dosn't pay anything. I have loans over fourteen thous. and I can't find a job in that field. So save your money. Do the CNA you can find a job pretty easy in that field and you can move up. Hope this is a help to you. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rose1912 in Yorkville, Illinois

71 months ago

I have a job but it took me almost a year to find it. I am doing the same as a CNA and not able to use the skills I learned. Know we just got the news that our hr.s are being cut and possibly another cut during the summer Who knows where this is going to happen. All I have heard that we should be loyal to the company and understand how they are suffering. I am hanging in there and hopeing somthing else will come my way eventually.

I Make Killer Money in Humble, Texas

71 months ago

$20s ++++ AN HOUR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Kansas City, Missouri

71 months ago

I know I graduated in Oct. of 2008 and I am Registered by the AMT and have a lot of CNA experience, but I can not find anyone to give me a job. It is not fair. I feel the same way. I don't get it. Why won't anyone give someone a chance. I like to know, how am I going to get experience if no one is willing to give me experience.

Heather in Kansas City, Missouri

71 months ago

Kmcb in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: So, im about to GO to school for something...i have looked in almost every health care field. Dental assisting, Med assisting, Radiology Tech., Dental Hygiene.....and so far i see that most people either cant find a job or cant hold a steady one....why is that?

Cant you get a job in a med office as an apprentice and that could be your experience??

So now i dont know WHAT i want to do anymore. Seems like there is no guaranteed jobs once i am done with school, no matter what field i go into.

Any advice?

Go get your RN degree, there is always opening for RN's, fresh out of school RN's. Other wise it is your waste of money. I wish I did.

Tammy Downs in Florida

71 months ago

I am in Florida and went to school through Everest Institute started in January 2008 graduated in September 2008 every place I have tried getting a job they want you to have at least 1 year but most of them 2 years experience not counting school and externship, and then I have to have some kind of front office in the doctor office or hospital before they will consider you. It is terriable to spend that kind of money and then you can not even get a job in what you want to do as a career. So I am looking to get back into Mortgage Processing which is scary, or try Medical Dictation which cost about $600 for training. so they get you coming and going. You go for all the training and can not get no work. I am with you all the way.
Tammy

Benjala Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri

71 months ago

Heather in Kansas City, Missouri said: I know I graduated in Oct. of 2008 and I am Registered by the AMT and have a lot of CNA experience, but I can not find anyone to give me a job. It is not fair. I feel the same way. I don't get it. Why won't anyone give someone a chance. I like to know, how am I going to get experience if no one is willing to give me experience.

where did you get your cna and ma?

Benjala Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri

71 months ago

ltphim in Kansas City, Missouri said: My daughter also went to school for Medical Assistant and can not get a job. She has over 14.000 dollars to pay back for nothing. 236 My daughter wanted to be an x-ray Technician and they talked her out of that and into the Medical Assistant. They were also suppose to help her find a job, but that didn't happen either.

where did your daughter go to school?

older assistant in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

I am so sad to read so many of the MA have not found a job. It is very hard when you are competing with so many but one thing I would say for those of you who had so many typos and mispelled words it is very important that when you send our resume in that your proofread it to be sure it is free of errors. Also if you did an internship use that as experience. No where is it written that experience has to be a previous paid job. Call the dr. you interned with and ask if he/she would give a reference if needed. Also instead of an objective on your resume use a PROFILE and write something like this - "Dependaple hardworking Medical Assistant skilled in medical record charting, front and back office prep" and what ever other skills and abilities you have. Remember your resume gets you the interview and the interview gets you the job so if you are not even getting called for an interview look at your resume and see if you can improve it. Good luck to all of you. I was a medical assistant early in my career and loved it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

older assistant in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Perfect example. I did not proofread my own comments and there are several typos. When you read it didn't it weaken my credibility? Don't forget to proof and better yet have someone else read it. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

msgabby in Toledo, Ohio

70 months ago

IM IN MA SCHOOL RIGHT NOW AND IM STARTING TO THINK I SHOULD SWITCH MAJORS

weiler in Henderson, Nevada

70 months ago

its tough but its your decision but also try PureMedicalJobsDOTCOM good luck

70 months ago

I would if it was me with what I know now. I do't mean to be discourageing just don't want anyone else to spend all that money for nothing.

70 months ago

ltphim in Kansas City, Missouri said: I wouldn't if it was me with what I know now. I do't mean to be discourageing just don't want anyone else to spend all that money for nothing

70 months ago

To I Made Killer Money In Humble Texas, I'm glad your MA schooling worked out for you, but as you can see by all the comments it didn't for most, so count your blessing instead of making fun of others.

el'aye in El Monte, California

70 months ago

im in medical school right now and im scared that i wont find a job. i have to start making payments towards my loan in 7months and i have a car payment along with other bills. i suggest that you dont train for a career like this. You should go to an actual college and pay less for it. becuase this whole trde school is probably worth about $700 and im paying $14,000. I screwed up big time.

Jeff in San Jose, California

68 months ago

I Make Killer Money in Humble, Texas said: $20s ++++ AN HOUR

You think $20 / hour is a lot of money? That's awesome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia Stokes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

I am currently in school for Medical Assistant at Pennsylvania Institute of Technology in Phila. Pa. Looking to move to Beaver Pa. near Pittsburgh would like to work with children or family practice. I have volunteered as a cheer coach and early childhood education as well a caregiver for my late grandmother before she past away. If anyone in the Pittsburgh area know of a entry level position I would be avalible in the mounth of july. I would appreciate any leads thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CMA

68 months ago

I am also a CMA and I can tell you all that if an employer read this comment page none of you would get a job. All employers look at professionalism in every part of the job, you ALL need to learn how to spell!!! Why would anyone hire someone who does legal documentation in their office if you can't spell simple words? Maybe you all need to look over your resumes and see exactly what is on them. If you wrote your resume like you did these comments then you found the reason for your unemployment. I am certified through the AAMA and the test was not hard, it takes dedication and a desire to pass. Get a grip and start looking at the real reasons why you may be still looking. If you did well enough in school and in your internship, then an employer will not require experience. If you did not do an internship then you went to the wrong school. This may also be why you are not employable. Not all schools are accredited and you will not get a job as a Medical Assistant if your school wasn't. There are better trained CMA's who did go to accredited schools and did internships.
Good luck!!!! The healthcare field is a great field but if you are going to work in it you need to have a desire to help people, not just get rich. If you want to make $25.00 an hour or more go back to school for nursing. If you couldn't handle the MA courses you'll never be nurses. Oh ya, you still have to want to help people. I have been a Certified Nursing Assistant also, it is not about money, it's about caring and compassion. I love what I do and when I go home at night I know that I helped people, the pay check is only a benefit!!!! Also when you say you only make $10.00 an hour think about the cost of any medical or other benefits you may have. This cost your employer alot and you are earning alot more than you think. Insurance is at the very least another $3.00 an hour, you all should have learned this in school!!!!!
Think about it and no the DA is not going to help you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CMA

68 months ago

ltphim in Kansas City, Missouri said: To I Made Killer Money In Humble Texas, I'm glad your MA schooling worked out for you, but as you can see by all the comments it didn't for most, so count your blessing instead of making fun of others.

Read her comment, she didn't say she went to school for anything!! She mentions McDonald's, she probably works there. Which should tell you that she probably couldn't handle a job in the healthcare field.

rose1912 in Sandwich, Illinois

68 months ago

To all of you having a hard time finding a job whether your a MA or a CMA, I lost my job March 18th do to cut backs I was on the job one year. As we all can see jobs are limited. My advise to you is get another job or two part time jobs and volunteer at the hospital etc. this also looks good on your resume if nothing else go back to school take some courses in the med. field this makes you look ambitious and interested and no gaps in employment. I am going to become certified in phlebotomy, I did apply for a position but was not experienced enough for the job( they sent me a not letter about my experiences) so quit complaining and get going VOLUNTEER! And to the person who complains about spelling mistakes Well I have been typing a long time and still make errors sometimes I read things over and sometimes I don't. And for those of you who cant spell go to DICTIONARY.COM

chefcookie1 in Torrance, California

68 months ago

angela in Los Angeles, California said: Don't waste any of your time or money on trying to become a Medical Assistant. All these schools do is take your money and laugh themselves silly to the bank. I can guarantee you that if you get certified as a Medical Assistant you will regret it. For one you will only make one dollar more than minimum wage. And second you will have a hard time trying to find a job. If you get certified as a CNA (certified nursing assistant) then you can easily get a job at a hospital where there is so many opportunities. Go to a real College and get a real job like a CNA, they actually make more than an MA. I know that there are cheap CNA classes you just have to look. If the school like for example ICDC College offers MA classes, offers CNA don't take it there. They will charge you more than what the class is worth. Please don't make the same mistake that I made getting an MA certificate . Now I am a Moniter Technician/Unit Secretary at a hospital making way more than an MA. Take real courses.

I was so glad to read your post. I also live in LA and had a similar experience as I got certified in phlebotomy and haven't been able to get a job. Now I am volunteering at a hospital while I take classes for a CNA in September. I was a nursing major but now I'm going to see where volunteering leads me!

wlawson188@aol.com in Willis, Texas

67 months ago

I had the same job for 10 years and was laid off. Decided to try to get into the medical field. I was lucky, the unemployment office sent me to school and it didn't cost me a dime. But what I lost was time. I'm 45 years old and switching careers in the middle of life. I thought with my life experience and good grades that landing a job would be breeze. I passed the national test with no problem. I've updated and proof read my resume and cover letter until I'm blue in the face. I did everything right! I'm running into the same problem, no experience except my externship. But I don't let it get me down. I took away a sense of accomplishment that I could keep up with all of the younger students I went to school with. I brushed up on math, English, computer skills and know a lot more about how my body works. I also understand more about how insurance works! So instead of looking at what you didn't get, look at what you have achieved and how much you learned. Keep looking, I am. But until someone gives me a chance I'm going to clean houses, that I have lots of experience at!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ok in Madison, Wisconsin

67 months ago

HI HAVE YOU TRY THROUGH YOUR CHURCH OR TEMPLE OR NETWORK WITH PEOPLE IN YOUR REGLOUS COMMUNITY THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP
AND ANY OTHER CLUBS YOU MIGHT BELONG TO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Detroit, Michigan

67 months ago

I was going to attend school this summer for Medical Assistant, but now after reading all of your comments here, I can see that i would just be wasting my time and money.

anonymous in San Diego, California

67 months ago

I understand not finding a job as well, I am going through the same thing, I had to take some time off when my parents died in a car crash and had to deal with their probate, now I think employers look at the time I took off as a mark against me. Has anyone tried any of the temp agencies, like nurse finders? I had even thought of offering to do a small extern for a couple of weeks just to let the DR know that I can do the job. Here in California a lot of DR's want you to be able to speak spanish as well so if your not bilingual then you can't even get a foot in the door. Oh well. Good luck to all.

adreannem60baby in Bear, Delaware

67 months ago

I finish school in 2007 and have not found a job as a medical Assistant either. Every where I went they want someone with one or two years experience and I am so pissed, I have spent thousands of dollars on this and I can't even land a job in that field...I know how you feel. I should have remain a bartender, atleast I was able to pay my rent and bills..maybe I will go to bartenders school.

D in Berkeley, California

67 months ago

Thank you, it is so refreshing to hear something positive about medical assisting. I know that someone must be doing it correctly, becuase there are employed medical assistants currently working and there are jobs that are posted.

older assistant in Los Angeles, California said: I am so sad to read so many of the MA have not found a job. It is very hard when you are competing with so many but one thing I would say for those of you who had so many typos and mispelled words it is very important that when you send our resume in that your proofread it to be sure it is free of errors. Also if you did an internship use that as experience. No where is it written that experience has to be a previous paid job. Call the dr. you interned with and ask if he/she would give a reference if needed. Also instead of an objective on your resume use a PROFILE and write something like this - "Dependaple hardworking Medical Assistant skilled in medical record charting, front and back office prep" and what ever other skills and abilities you have. Remember your resume gets you the interview and the interview gets you the job so if you are not even getting called for an interview look at your resume and see if you can improve it. Good luck to all of you. I was a medical assistant early in my career and loved it.

c k in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

I am sorry that it has been hard for all of you but if we all learn to trust and depend on God, he will never let you down. I went to Medical Assistant School and I was hired one week after Extern at a Pain Clinic, an now by the grace of God I am a Instructure teaching everything that I have learned and it is so rewarding. So be encourage and keep a positive attitude because your attitude effects your altittude and remember failer is not an opption be blesed.

choc in Roseville, Michigan

66 months ago

Hello, I am a CMA and a PCT and a CNA. For those thinking we are complaing for nothing, you need to get a grip sweetie. It is hard out their. I graduated at the top of my class and had an intern at a prominent hospital. It was an ovewhelming load of MA's and PCT's running around. The hospital has a new staff every other month coming in so to be hired now is next to impossible. Their is an overwhelming response in the healthcare field so they have so much to choose from. Then when they offer positions it is contingent or on-call. Who can live off that? Easy to be high and mighty when you sitting on the throne. This is for all the unpositive people out their thinking we are all stupid and complaining for nothing. Everyone keep up the job search. Sure something will definitely come up.

MARIEKO in Long Beach, California

61 months ago

I was scared of this. I am/ was hoping to start school this December, and Im pretty worried that 14,000 will be way too much to pay back considering the fact that EVEN if i did find a job, the payments would make it pretty darn hard on a 11.00 an hr salary! Why is the pay so low? Regardless of experience, I dont understand how Med Assistants can be drawing blood, and doing all these sorts of things and get paid less than a receptionist who just greets clients n answers phones for 14.00 an hr? I have been a receptionsit FOREVER, and was making 13.00 an hr and I wanted something bigger, an actual career! But now Im afraid this schooling will only set me back financially and all I will be able to tell people is that Im certified, but no experience so they wont take me serious! Ive read far more "CANT FIND A JOB" stories than SUCCESS STORIES! SMH.

AND whoever mentioned the money thing..I also agree 100% they act like they care so much because they realize how much they are getting from each student that comes in there! Its pulling in money and they are eager to get paid, and they will call non stop..and its not because they "care". Its very sad. I really want to be in the medical field, but I just dont think I have the time and money to waste if it wont benifit me financially in the future. And when I say future I mean NEAR future. I want to be in the medical field becuse I genuinely CARE about people, but money is a big factor too when you have kids to take care of!

I just wish I had more information, I noticed they rush the process! I went to a quick info stop by at the school and am already enrolled for classes on Dec 21st. I know theyre just after the money its pretty evident! But the fact that I have 2 kids to take care of worries me, and it should WORRY them too if they know the rate for actually getting a job is LOW! SMH

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.