posting resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

kelrenlep in San Diego, California

71 months ago

I have been reading a lot of posts from MAs who are having difficulty finding a job so I have a couple of ideas that might help. First if you haven't already try posting your resume on to the many job posting websites, and your states unemployment site if they have one, I posted my resume on hotjobs.com and in less that 24 hours I had people calling me, I do live in San Diego so there is a larger job pool here than in others. You can also try government websites and well, federal as well as state, and if anyone lives near a military base try looking into that as well. And you can always try the old fashioned way print out a bunch of resumes and cover letters and start hitting the pavement, actually go into dr offices and even the h.r. at area hospitals, many hospitals now have off site clinics that operate much like a private practice. Make sure when you go into a private practice that you ask to see the office manager or whoever is in charge of hiring, you never know who will feel threatened in their job. You will also have to look professional, wear business casual clothes, a good office manager will remember you if you are always professional. I hope this works for some of you and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gbabe in Las Vegas, Nevada

70 months ago

kelrenlep in San Diego, California said: I have been reading a lot of posts from MAs who are having difficulty finding a job so I have a couple of ideas that might help. First if you haven't already try posting your resume on to the many job posting websites, and your states unemployment site if they have one, I posted my resume on hotjobs.com and in less that 24 hours I had people calling me, I do live in San Diego so there is a larger job pool here than in others. You can also try government websites and well, federal as well as state, and if anyone lives near a military base try looking into that as well. And you can always try the old fashioned way print out a bunch of resumes and cover letters and start hitting the pavement, actually go into dr offices and even the h.r. at area hospitals, many hospitals now have off site clinics that operate much like a private practice. Make sure when you go into a private practice that you ask to see the office manager or whoever is in charge of hiring, you never know who will feel threatened in their job. You will also have to look professional, wear business casual clothes, a good office manager will remember you if you are always professional. I hope this works for some of you and good luck

I agree with you and go to web site www.careerbuilder.com this is another one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TWANNA JOHNSON in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

I'VE BEEN UNEMPLOYED SINCE OCTOBER. I HAVEN'T GOT A JOB YET OR A CALL. I HAVE 8YRS EXPERIENCE TOO. BUT NOT CERIFIED YET.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.