are there any travel agents that hire medical assistance to travel around the country.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (47)

sandy in Okolona, Mississippi

75 months ago

I have been a medical assistance for approx. 3 years. I would like to find a company that hire medical assistance to travel as they do the RN with travel reminburstment and housing do anyone know of a company out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (569) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Theresasmi47 in Roselle, New Jersey

70 months ago

I have been a medical assistant for over 10yrs and, I am looking for the same thing. I worked from corporate health, occupational health,ER, and Dr's offices. so, why do nurses have to have that advantage. some of us medical assistants have our degree as well. and, we are the backbone of any office in admin/clinical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sai in Boston, Massachusetts

70 months ago

check with www.onsitehealth.com

i know there are a few others, i just don't remember the company name(s).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

i've falllen & can't go up =(. in Rancho Cucamonga, California

68 months ago

I've been a medical assistant for 2 yrs.i stopped working to pursue my college education.Since then i've tried to look for a traveling medical assistant job and cannot find one.this sucks, because i'm still paying for "Loan/College Grant".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

theresasmi47@yahoo.com in New York, New York

68 months ago

There is an excellent agency that you can try which is called www.allmedstaffing.com
ask for Natasha, and u can tell them that Theresa Smith send you to them. I am working all corporate positions which is per deium but, they keep you working and, they staffed you all over and evan your state. Let me know what happends..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

TiaMe in Lafayette, Louisiana

68 months ago

yes u r so correct, i have been with them for a long tme....great company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

They call me whenenver something's availble, and they pay really well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Glad that you like them, I live in Jersey and they been keeping me busy in New York, probley because I am multi task. What about you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I rather wotk perd deium anyway, because I can refuse a assignment if I want to and so far I been with them after Thanksgiving of last yr and only been out of work for 2 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

yea, same here. I've done just about everything you could think of, but the work of a Doctor, just a couple weeks ago. I did a health fair for them, it was Awesome, I got some amazing results, lots of people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Never did that before but, sounds very interesting what was that like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Oh it was very interesting, go to meet new faces, reunited with old faces as well. this one was a 2 day fair, Friday and Saturday. I basically set up a Lab area in the conference toom in a local library. The fair was for the parish workers, and we had computers set up to check the patients in and out, there was a doctor that cam from another state, who set up a table in there to talk to the patients about there health, eating habits, and ways to lose weight if they wanted to. They would weight in and I would talk to them about some health options and then I would draw blood on them. It was really fun, we got incredible numbers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

TiaMe in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Oh it was very interesting, go to meet new faces, reunited with old faces as well. this one was a 2 day fair, Friday and Saturday. I basically set up a Lab area in the conference toom in a local library. The fair was for the parish workers, and we had computers set up to check the patients in and out, there was a doctor that cam from another state, who set up a table in there to talk to the patients about there health, eating habits, and ways to lose weight if they wanted to. They would weight in and I would talk to them about some health options and then I would draw blood on them. It was really fun, we got incredible numbers

When I was working in NY I also worked from allmedical personnell for 2 weeks in a well center doing cholesterol screening very interesting as well as Gluecose screening just taking blood hgt/wgt and bp.. something else on my resume as will as using this little gadget checking body fat and index. interesting..

Claire Koski in Auburn, Maine

67 months ago

I am very interested in being a traveling Medical Assistant. More info from anyone is great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chel in Sacramento

65 months ago

Hello all,

I was thinking about becoming an MA but the pay is not that great. I just got out of school for medical billing/coding but there are no jobs out there for "entry" level coders/billers. My ultimate goal is to be an RN but with the lottery systems and long waiting lists that is going to take a long time so I am looking for something in the meantime. I noticed that there are several schools that offer AA programs and certificate programs. Do I really need to waste 2 years on an AA program to get an entry level job as an MA? Or should I just do the certificate and be done in 7 months. I am leaning toward the certificate since I have the medical billing/coding behind me and in that program we learned how to run the "front" part of the office. After I get done with the MA program I will go to another school and to attend a phlebotomy program and get certified so that way it will give me more options. I really do not want to work in a Dr's office so I figured if I become a CPT1 then I can work at a clinic or hospital.

Does anyone know of any good phlebotomy schools in the Sacramento, CA area? I found one by the name of MTI but was wondering if there were any others around. I went to the DHS website and there are not many out here.

susan in Cordova, Tennessee

65 months ago

look into an agncy called Tempsinc.net good luck!

marsha in Lithonia, Georgia

65 months ago

Ready to work but no one wants to hire 12yrs exp. are there any jobs that want a GREAT MEDICAL ASSISTANT i will travel,do home care jus wanna work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MARCIA HOLLEY in Alexander City, Alabama

65 months ago

LOOKING FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANT TRAVELING DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW

heather mayle in Newport, North Carolina

64 months ago

Chel in Sacramento said: Hello all,

I was thinking about becoming an MA but the pay is not that great. I just got out of school for medical billing/coding but there are no jobs out there for "entry" level coders/billers. My ultimate goal is to be an RN but with the lottery systems and long waiting lists that is going to take a long time so I am looking for something in the meantime. I noticed that there are several schools that offer AA programs and certificate programs. Do I really need to waste 2 years on an AA program to get an entry level job as an MA? Or should I just do the certificate and be done in 7 months. I am leaning toward the certificate since I have the medical billing/coding behind me and in that program we learned how to run the "front" part of the office. After I get done with the MA program I will go to another school and to attend a phlebotomy program and get certified so that way it will give me more options. I really do not want to work in a Dr's office so I figured if I become a CPT1 then I can work at a clinic or hospital.

Does anyone know of any good phlebotomy schools in the Sacramento, CA area? I found one by the name of MTI but was wondering if there were any others around. I went to the DHS website and there are not many out here.

you do not need to go to another school to learn phlebotomy if you are going to do the MA program you will learn to do it while you are in school i graduate on the 29th of july and that is my favorite thing to do. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Claire Koski in Auburn, Maine

64 months ago

So true! I have been an MA for 12 years and have been fortunate to work in several different types of offices. Having your Associates in Medical Assisting is a varied field and you can work in any aspect of a Dr's office. Good luck.

mommieceo in Douglasville, Georgia

64 months ago

Don't let them try to get more money out of you by saying you should get Certification or AA in medical assisting. Medical assisting is medical assisting. Once you become certified at least in Ga, be it RMA (registered medical assistant) or CMA (certified medical assistant), that's all most jobs require. I've been an RMA for 7 years and have only been asked to show that I'm rma or cma, but not if I have a cerificate or AA. Since you learn phlebotmy as an ma don't waste your money going to specialize in it -that's just more debt, I'm actually working as a phleb doing blood draws at military functions. Ma's can make decent salary, but it all comes with experience under your belt.

Theresa Smith in New York, New York

64 months ago

She is right, don't waste your time being certfied is enough, I am older now a senior medical assistant in my 50s and once you did everything you can do as a medical assistant from clinical to admin, or multi task its time to take a break and let thr young MA get their experience. Now I am working in workers comp. as a case manager in a manage corporate facility and it's great! so, take your pick. God Bless!!

princess in Huntington Station, New York

59 months ago

I AM 35 YRS OLD I AM THINKINGOF TAKING MEDICAL ASSISTANT BUT THEY HAVE TO DIFF COURSE ONE IS WITH A CERTIFICATE, OTHER ONE IS AAS. AND THE SCHOOL I BE ATTENDING WOULD BE SANFORD BROWN. I WOULD LIKE SOME OPIONINS.. THANK U

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Sheridan, Arkansas

59 months ago

Claire Koski in Auburn, Maine said: I am very interested in being a traveling Medical Assistant. More info from anyone is great!

Dont do it.. Go ahead and do LPN I went for MA only to find out that some DR. still dont want to hire a MA and the ones that do hire is doing it because they can pay you lss money to do the same a LPN would be doing. I have been a MA for .10 yrs. and I love what I do but if I could do it over again I would get LPN not MA. that way I could get the pay for the work I do I make $17hr. but if I was LPN it would be more and my job duties would not change a bit. Plus it cost me $10,000 to go for MA and I found out I could have gone for LPN for $4,700. That is the part that really sucked since I didnt get a grant it was all loans and I am still paying them back.Good luck on which ever you choose

Allison in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

58 months ago

Hi! I am currently in school to become a Medical Office Administrator and my current instructor would like us to interview a Medical Assistant, either Certified or Registered, and I was hoping someone here wouldn't mind. I can email you the questions, you fill them out and send it back to me, that way I can write my paper on our "interview". I haven't had much luck finding a Medical Assistant in person, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind doing it. If you would like to remain anonymous, I'm sure we can think up a Pen Name. Thank you in advanced.
Alli

tia in Duson, Louisiana

58 months ago

sorry so late, but I would do it also, if not too late

tia in Duson, Louisiana

58 months ago

Hi Allison, I didn't know that you were so close to me, you're in Breaux Bridge, I wish you luck in school

natasha in Florence, Oregon

57 months ago

princess in Huntington Station, New York said: I AM 35 YRS OLD I AM THINKINGOF TAKING MEDICAL ASSISTANT BUT THEY HAVE TO DIFF COURSE ONE IS WITH A CERTIFICATE, OTHER ONE IS AAS. AND THE SCHOOL I BE ATTENDING WOULD BE SANFORD BROWN. I WOULD LIKE SOME OPIONINS.. THANK U

don't waste your time on the AA program. the only diffrence is with the AA you have to learn more computer skills as if you were going to work in the front office. but if you just get the diploma you get all the training you need to work in the back office. :) at least that is what i did and I got a good job. i went to Pioneer Pacific College in Oregon

Alexis in Rancho Cucamonga, California

53 months ago

I recently graduated from a school in Sacramento for Medical Assisting. My teacher also teaches phlebotomy for about $2000 with certification. The school is called Charles A. Jones and the teacher is Mrs. Bradshaw

marquita27 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

52 months ago

HI I AM CURRENTLY A STUDENT AT SANFORD BROWN FOR MA. BUT I WAS LOOKING TO BECOME A TRAVELING NURSE. BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO IS OBTAIN MY AA. IN SURGICAL TECH. AM I WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY DOING THE MA THING OR SHOULD I JUST GO AHEAD AND FINISH AND THEN PURSUE MY DREAM WITH BECOMING A TRAVELING NURSE... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT THERE???????

Tia

52 months ago

Hi Marquita, I am Tia, from Louisiana....r u currently in school now for MA? If so...u may as well finish, otherwise it would be wasting ur money, but i thnk u should then go bck for watever u really want..there are many opportunities in the Healthcare field....so u are already gettin there

randa in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

52 months ago

Hi all,

I've been reading all your comments and they are really helpful. Im not a MA, but my mom is and she's been working as an MA in a pediatrics dr.'s office. She's been working as an MA for 15 yrs and they pay her crap! I really would like some input or advice that i could pass on to her. From what i can gather, in comparison to an RN, it seems that there's limitations on where and what an MA can do. I'm trying to help her "broaden her horizon" and look elsewhere. She went back to school to get her teaching in the MA, but i really don't want to see her get into anymore debt then where's she's at now.

Thanks for you input

mommieceo in Augusta, Georgia

51 months ago

randa in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts said: Hi all,

I've been reading all your comments and they are really helpful. Im not a MA, but my mom is and she's been working as an MA in a pediatrics dr.'s office. She's been working as an MA for 15 yrs and they pay her crap! I really would like some input or advice that i could pass on to her. From what i can gather, in comparison to an RN, it seems that there's limitations on where and what an MA can do. I'm trying to help her "broaden her horizon" and look elsewhere. She went back to school to get her teaching in the MA, but i really don't want to see her get into anymore debt then where's she's at now.

Thanks for you input

Hi Randa
I'm not sure how the state of MA works, but I know in GA and SC since I'm on the border all you need is 5 years exp in the ma field and then you can be a teacher to other ma's, I've never heard of actually going to a school to become a ma teacher. And I'm not sure if she's been in the field for 15 years or at the same location for 15 years. If she's been at the same ped's office for 15 years she may want look at some other jobs to see if they pay more for her experience, she may also want to go through a temp agency that's looking for a temp to perm position usually (at least in atlanta) when you go through a temp agency you'll get paid more vs walking in as an applicant through the actual company. MA's in Atlanta can make 16-20 hr & for 15 years in the field I'd hope she would be making somewhere close to this, but again I'm not sure if that's great pay in your state compared to the cost of living. Oh yeah ma's usually work under a dr's license but it depends on the office of what they want their ma's to so... example... one location I worked at I gave injections, drew blood, called in rx, scheduled out and in patient procedures, ekg's, run urinalysis, do pregnancy test, eye exams...basically the whole caboodle the only thing I couldn't do was start an IV......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mommieceo in Augusta, Georgia

51 months ago

However the next job I got that actually paid more they restricted ma's to only patient work up, ekg's,urinalysis, pregnancy test, and strep test. I had to give all rx's to the rn staff and any injections. Labs were done by the lab tech and referrals were done by the referral coordinator.

Randa in Titusville, Florida

51 months ago

Mommieceo, Thank you so much. this will be very helpful for my mother.

Carol in La Mesa, California

50 months ago

I travelled as a Medical Assistant in the 90's known as Health Examinetics. I also become their Recruiter. The company was bought out and is now called "Examinetics". I wish you the best. I had a blast working for the company and I was able to see 38 states in a few yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

*Misipi*22*Lady*

47 months ago

How much do traveling MA's make? Can you travel as soon as you finish a two year MA associates degree program?

Well Qualified Medical Assistant in Charlotte, North Carolina

42 months ago

mommieceo in Augusta, Georgia said: However the next job I got that actually paid more they restricted ma's to only patient work up, ekg's,urinalysis, pregnancy test, and strep test. I had to give all rx's to the rn staff and any injections. Labs were done by the lab tech and referrals were done by the referral coordinator.

Im looking for companies to work for as a traveling medical assistant, could you help me with some info.

Well Qualified Medical Assistant in Charlotte, North Carolina

42 months ago

I have been a Medical Assistant since 1993 when i got out of the military. I would love to travel as a Medical Assistant so anyone can give me some information on some companies who hire us to travel please share with me.

diana in Jackson, Michigan

39 months ago

There is a company called A-Line Staffing that is trying to recrute me they want me to work for them. I have also had other Agencies that have been trying to get me to work for them.What I am finding out is they are not truthful with you they try to buy you by offering you more pay than the other Agencies & tell you they can keep you employed.My question is who can you trust? I do not know what to do I want to be a traveling MA but I want security I do not want to be off from work.I have been offered a job @ a Dr's.Office making $13.00 w/benefits.A-Line is offering $16.00 w/benefits the Assignment is for 4 weeks & a chance to be hired in @ $16.00 to me this is a risk what if they do not hire me & the assignment is over then I am with out a job when I could of taken the $13.00 job being hired in.What should I do?

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

39 months ago

diana in Jackson, Michigan said: There is a company called A-Line Staffing that is trying to recrute me they want me to work for them. I have also had other Agencies that have been trying to get me to work for them.What I am finding out is they are not truthful with you they try to buy you by offering you more pay than the other Agencies & tell you they can keep you employed.My question is who can you trust? I do not know what to do I want to be a traveling MA but I want security I do not want to be off from work.I have been offered a job @ a Dr's.Office making $13.00 w/benefits.A-Line is offering $16.00 w/benefits the Assignment is for 4 weeks & a chance to be hired in @ $16.00 to me this is a risk what if they do not hire me & the assignment is over then I am with out a job when I could of taken the $13.00 job being hired in.What should I do?

Hi there, Go with your gut instinct, and take the 13.00 per hour job. There are always staffing job's and they don't aiways have have an assignment for you.
I hope that helped.

Sunrise2012 in Snoqualmie, Washington

34 months ago

MARCIA HOLLEY in Alexander City, Alabama said: LOOKING FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANT TRAVELING DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I would luv to travel whats the job detail?

Well Qualified Medical Assistant

33 months ago

Sunrise2012 in Snoqualmie, Washington said: I would luv to travel whats the job detail?

I would love to travel also, i would like information also

B.Grass in Bentonville, Arkansas

31 months ago

Hello there everyone. I just finished my RMA and I am liking it. I got a job at a Plastic Surgen Office. I am helping him with surgery's. But, I was wondering if there is anyone that nows of traveling agents

Carol in Phoenix, Arizona

17 months ago

I just graduated from Medical Assistant School and would love a traveling Medical Assistant job.. When I was still in school I saw some available, now that I am finished I can't find any.. The one I saw was traveling around the United States and only return home three times a year.. Please if anyone can help me find something like this I would greatly appreciate it..

churley in Bloomfield, Indiana

4 months ago

I have been a Certified Medical Assistant for the last 14 years. I have worked in Occupational Health clinic for 9 years. I have found a staffing agency where I travel for them and they contract me out to several clients. I mostly work at health fairs or travel to patients home for clinical drug trials. I have a best friend who is a LPN and I make more money than her while I am traveling.

I love the change in the environment and love to travel. I found a new company recently where I looking at traveling to AL for 3 months to work as CMA. But for the clinical drug trials, I travel several states away. They pay for the travel time, hotel and food reimbursement.

There are companies out there who will pay CMA to travel for them.

churley in Bloomfield, Indiana

4 months ago

*Misipi*22*Lady* said: How much do traveling MA's make? Can you travel as soon as you finish a two year MA associates degree program?

It depends on your experience is based on how much you make. Since I have 14 years experience as a CMA, I can make a pretty decent salary.

I was offered a job in CA but didn't want to relocate at the time.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.