Everest college good or bad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Drake in Sandwich, Illinois

70 months ago

I am thinking about going to college for medical codeing and billing. The program sounds good and they offer and pay for the certification. But i am hereing alot of negative and when i looked up online for jobs to check the market everything is far away is this common is the market good is this schoole reptuable. what should i do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

MedicalCoderNEWBIE in Miami, Florida

70 months ago

I am attending ATI and I have heard some bad things about Everest but I heard some bad things about ATI too everybody experience is different but take your time and explore other schools. Godd LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jobhunting,lol in Norfolk, Virginia

69 months ago

ilovemychildren in Miami, Florida said: I graduated from Everest and though I tell you I learned alot some of the teachers really don't teach what there's to know about billing. And it's been hard for me to fine a job it's true almost all the jobs are out of Miami Miramar and etc; or they ask for you to have at least one year in the field rediculous. Hello, don't they know that we went to school for a purpose, sometimes, I know that schools want you to sign with them they get credit.

Hi, I agrree with you on that the commercial is so fake i wanna slap the t.v, I went for medical billing and finished ion 07/09 and still yet to find a job, employers dont wann give you and chance and is so sad that we feel as though we wasted our time and paying all that money. when everest needs to recommend us to people amd have updates on everyone thats hiring inour field---NOT JUST INTERNSHIP>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ilovemychildren in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

I agree not only that but, most of all employees require at least a year in the Medical Field or some knowledge I've applied at so many jobs and nothing all I get is e-mail don't know if it's a scam or not about marketing etc; I don't want nothing dealing with marketing I didn't study that. I'm not very happy they should train for the position that's how u start no one is perfect in the job at first just got to get use to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

Job placement is standard for most schools. Our school has a 90% job placement rate along with the AHIMA/AAPC Certification Review? Does yours? NO. Thats a kicker!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

larrysandford in Santa Ana, California

60 months ago

Drake in Sandwich, Illinois said: I am thinking about going to college for medical codeing and billing. The program sounds good and they offer and pay for the certification. But i am hereing alot of negative and when i looked up online for jobs to check the market everything is far away is this common is the market good is this schoole reptuable. what should i do

the course is good i am actually in that school now but the bad thing is that all you get is a diploma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cherilyn in Dayton, Ohio

60 months ago

A friend of mine her other friend told me today that Everest College was going to cost her 3o or so grand to get a Degree in Business. That is way to much, I have heard horror stories about them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

v in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

hey you guys dont believe anything these schools are telling you everest and all te other ati tci itt are bs they dont help you get a job and yeah there easy but once you get out of there you have to get alicense and besides that you have to pay off your loans and if you dont got no job how in the world are you going to pay it off so its gonna mess up your credit dont do it i did and it not worth it and now im going to miami dade college starting next month and dont have to pay a thing back and getting my degree and aa great education so dont dot it tech school are bs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

v in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

i owe at least 14 grand in loans and its been 6 months since i finish still cant find a job this sucks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

larrysandford in Santa Ana, California

60 months ago

i dont know what they are taking but i only paid a grand and i am working now for a medical supply company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

v in Miami, Florida said: hey you guys dont believe anything these schools are telling you everest and all te other ati tci itt are bs they dont help you get a job and yeah there easy but once you get out of there you have to get alicense and besides that you have to pay off your loans and if you dont got no job how in the world are you going to pay it off so its gonna mess up your credit dont do it i did and it not worth it and now im going to miami dade college starting next month and dont have to pay a thing back and getting my degree and aa great education so dont dot it tech school are bs

EVERYBODY has recieved training somewhere. Technical training schools are required to place 70% of their students. The problem here is, they misslead you during the enrollment process. If you are not going to recieve legitimate Certification Specific Training, then it does not matter where you go to school. It is up to you to research each and every Vocational School, Junior College, and all other Degree Granting Institutions. ITT lost a class action lawsuite not to long ago. They were telling students their credits were transferable to many of the Regionally Accredited Colleges. That is totally not the case.

That being said, there are more people graduating from a traditional four year college and obtaining additional vocational training than ever before. In billing and Coding, 99% of the Junior Colleges have their head up their A@#. Who is going to hire you as a RHIT or RHIA if you don't have your CCS and CPC? I speak to compliance officers on a regular basis, Kaiser is not going to hire someone to manage a Coding Department who just obtained their RHIA from a two year college. What happens next? You go back to school to get your CCS and CPC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

dlp2014 in Los Angeles, California said: Your school sounds awesome, mind to share which school ?

Our school deals with displaced workers who are struggling do to the recession. Each of our programs has to offer CERTIFICATION Training in order to maintain our alliance with the Employment Development Department. We do offer a 7 month CCS and CPC Certification Training Program. It is difficult to say the least. Many of our students have a Medical Background but if you are here every day and have a desire to succeed, then you will do fine. We don't need to candy coat anything. If you dont obtain certification, the hospitals we work with wont hire you. Many people from UEI, EVEREST, ICDC, KAPLAN,CONCORD, try to take our Certification review course and drop the same day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Mike in Los Angeles, California said: Our school deals with displaced workers who are struggling do to the recession. Each of our programs has to offer CERTIFICATION Training in order to maintain our alliance with the Employment Development Department. We do offer a 7 month CCS and CPC Certification Training Program. It is difficult to say the least. Many of our students have a Medical Background but if you are here every day and have a desire to succeed, then you will do fine. We don't need to candy coat anything. If you dont obtain certification, the hospitals we work with wont hire you. Many people from UEI, EVEREST, ICDC, KAPLAN,CONCORD, try to take our Certification review course and drop the same day.

We have one campus. If anyone needs advice or want to actually talk to someone who works in the field, feel free to contact me at: mike@sticcc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Zoila

59 months ago

sadly I am just one of many but I'm going to give it a shot looking in inland valley area for work as a medical biller clerk
office experience, bilingual

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Salt Lake City, Utah

59 months ago

Zoila said: sadly I am just one of many but I'm going to give it a shot looking in inland valley area for work as a medical biller clerk

Most employers are looking to hire coders with 2 years experience, instead try to get a job at the front desk, or data entry, medical records, etc. Gain some medical experience, become more familiar with ICD 9, CPT and reimbursement, then look for a coding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Upland, California

58 months ago

Zoila said: sadly I am just one of many but I'm going to give it a shot looking in inland valley area for work as a medical biller clerk

Zoila, dont ask for min wage...value your education and experience. Keep applying, and keep on learning more about your new field. Look into getting AHIMA Certification(s)..to earn more. Best of luck..Patty D.

I just graduated MIBC program and plan to continue learning to get certified..then I will be ready for greater things..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Antioch, California

58 months ago

v in Miami, Florida said: i owe at least 14 grand in loans and its been 6 months since i finish still cant find a job this sucks

i attended western career college, finished the course and have graduated. It seems that finding a job is going to be hard, all the places want experience, but until a place gives you a chance you will never ave experience. as far as the career service dept they arent doing much to help me with job placement either. Im on my own i think. and noe i owe 18,000 dollars and not sure when i will have a job billing and coding.... IT SUCKS!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

kim in Antioch, California said: i attended western career college, finished the course and have graduated. It seems that finding a job is going to be hard, all the places want experience, but until a place gives you a chance you will never ave experience. as far as the career service dept they arent doing much to help me with job placement either. Im on my own i think. and noe i owe 18,000 dollars and not sure when i will have a job billing and coding.... IT SUCKS!!!!!

This field is over saturated with new grads with no experience, your best bet is to gain some medical experience and familiarize yourself with ICD 9, CPT and reimbursement, to set yourself apart from the others. the way to do this is to get a job elsewhere in HIM, such as medical records, billing, data entry or even front desk. Put in your time,gain experience and then leverage it for a coding job.

Schools mislead when they promise job placement, they also mislead on coding at home prospects and how easy it will be to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dkaye in Sacramento, California

58 months ago

Kim, it's Danielle in career services at Carrington College California (formerly Western Career College) in Antioch. I understand your frustration in finding a job right now. Please give me a call and we can strategize on steps to take that will help you in your search. Call me at the campus.

(posted by dkaye for Danielle in Antioch)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elle Master in New Albany, Ohio

58 months ago

Drake in Sandwich, Illinois said: I am thinking about going to college for medical codeing and billing. The program sounds good and they offer and pay for the certification. But i am hereing alot of negative and when i looked up online for jobs to check the market everything is far away is this common is the market good is this schoole reptuable. what should i do

Hello there I would first like to tell you I am a recent grad of Everest after enrolling and going partly thru program I found it was not an accredited school (per medicaid/medicare and when I began to ask questions I was basically told they were rumurs. I maintained a 4.0 the entired time graduated top of class actually inquired my externship thru my poe which is a current hospitol in Ohio, after not landing position I was then told by hospitol that my externship was (nlvoid) extern cordinator sent wronge paperwork she sent (Medical Assistant)instead of biller and unfortunatly the error could not be fixed as to after my graduation she left company. I have been to 16 interviews and counting that had went no where they all say not enough experience the ones that are willing only want to pay 10-12 hour, thus inspite of my medical background in Ortho of 9 years and also Collections and Customer service I've yet to find a job! Several of my classmates as well are being told the same ,they say the schooling we received is not enough and that we can not (code at all for any of the local hospitols) even though we are eligible for certification we only have diplomas and its simply not enough I've been out of school 1 year this past Febuary and I still have 2 student loans to pay for that basically are leading no where, so Everest may not be good choice I thought program was great it was actually real in depth but just not enough credentials.PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR SCHOOL WISELY CHECK IT OUT BEFORE YOU ENROLL!..ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ACCREDITED. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

while I am sorry about your story, it doesn't have anything to do with the school you went to. All of these certificate/diploma programs are about the same, they teach the same basic curriculum that is not enough to actually code. Yes, you may be able to pass a multiple choice test, but that is a far cry from actually coding reports.

Your best bet is to get a job elsewhere in HIM, such as medical records, billing, data entry or front desk. I know you may feel it is a step down and you should't be paid $10-12, but that is just something you have to get over. Almost all of us who are coders, started the same way, there is no shame in it.

Besides, you do not know enough to demand more money, put aside your pride, take a lower job, gain experience and then leverage for a coding job. You have already wasted a year, don't waste anymore time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

banshee in Tucson, Arizona

57 months ago

carrington college tucson az / appllo will missleed you and is a ripoff bad bad place to get an education stay away go to pima trust me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

banshee in Tucson, Arizona

57 months ago

carrington college tucson az / appllo will missleed you and is a ripoff bad bad place to get an education stay away go to pima trust me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dmarsh in Phoenix, Arizona

56 months ago

banshee - I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble at our Tucson campus. Please call the campus so that we can work out whatever misunderstanding we have. We pride ourselves on generating excellent student outcomes, and would like to extend help whenever it is warranted. Thank you. (dmarsh is an employee of Carrington College)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCrooms

55 months ago

Mike in Los Angeles, California said: Job placement is standard for most schools. Our school has a 90% job placement rate along with the AHIMA/AAPC Certification Review? Does yours? NO. Thats a kicker!

What school did you attend.I attended Everest. I carried a 4.0/4.0GPA, I just passed my certification with an 84, only needed 70, I was a student Mentor Ambassador, and I graduated with honors. I STILL HAVE NOT FOUND A BILLING POSITION! THIS FIELD IS VERY TERRITORIAL, AND UNLESS YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE YEARS OF ACTUALLY CODING EXPERIENCE AND A CPC, CCS, RHIT OR OTHER CERTIFICATION, OR WERE HIRED THROUGH YOUR EXTERNSHIP YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK. How am I supposed to start paying back $16,000. I am supposed to start paying in January -- it was a rip off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Loganville, Georgia

55 months ago

CCrooms I too was an honor graduate from Everest in GA and not having any good luck finding a job. Haven't taken my CPC or any other certification either. When I did my exit interview was told to go online to different staffing services & apply for medical billing & coding jobs. And still nothing. And we won't go into the crap that I went thru to get my externship done. My advise to anyone looking into Everest Institute/Corinthian College look somewhere else because they don't keep up their end of the deal & if you are lucky enough to complete the course they will find ways to keep you from getting your diploma. They forget & don't charge enough for books or courses leaving you to pay a hefty fee before getting diploma & possibly being able to graduate!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CCrooms

55 months ago

It is really a shame that this happened to so many of us. I don't know what to do, or how to call. I have 26 years of work experience in busines and other fields, so I will get a position some where. The ones of us that went to Everest thinking that it was going to be they way -- it just is not fair. You call and ask questions, and then finally when you back someone up in a corner you get an answer.

I just took the Billing Certification from NCCT for a CCT (Certified Coding Technician. This certification does not mean a hill of beans in the Mid-West (Michigan, Illinois, Ohio) where I live. So now starting next month January, 2011 I have to start paying 200.00 a month and I don't have a job. I am having enough trouble trying to pay bills now.

All of the job interviews hat I have gone on have all told me that they don't take Everest Students -- so my graduating with honors with a 4.0/4.0 GPA means nothing! If I lived on the West coast (California, Texas, Colorado, etc.) I would be booming. Of course that is where Everest originates from.

I don't know why Everest did not get authorized with the area certifications where people live if they were going to branch out. Even after I get certified I will have to have 2 years actual coding/billing experience to work and get hired as a biller. This is some crap.

I talked to someone on the Everest Facebook site and they were thinking about hiring a lawyer, to try to get some of the money back -- or have to brought to the Coding Industries attention that this is a viable career and field to be going into, but you can't get in unless you know someone and that's just not fair. When you have spent and sacrificed almost an entire year of your life and taken money away from other things to go to training in hopes of securing an income to support yourself and your family, and then you can't get an interview, or when you get one, they tell you we don't hire from your school. That is some crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

josey in Fairburn, Georgia

54 months ago

Please do your research before attending everest..they have a f rating with the better business bureua

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jmatt in Parker, Colorado

53 months ago

I work as an admission counselor at an online school, which does not offer billing and coding. I talk to people everyday who are trying to get into this industry simply because they think it is a quick fix to a stable high paying job. My competitors are continually selling this program to people who want an easy out, but seriously education is a MARATHON and not a SPRINT! Nothing in life comes easy, so unless you have an absolute passion for this line of work it is not for you. If someone calls you and tells you there is a guaranteed job with just 6 months of training they are lying! I have a Masters Degree, and even with that there is no guarantee for employment. So if you think for a second that you will come out of a 6 month training course and have leg up on someone like myself with a just a certificate, you are delusional. Unfortunately, times are tough and it is the under educated who are truly going to suffer. If you want to avoid the pain, work hard, get a true degree through a regionally accredited school, pay your dues, and you will be just fine.

Also, Everest is an absolutely terrible school with absolutely no respect in the proprietary education industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scammed in Westland, Michigan

53 months ago

Hello,

I graduated from an accredited school for medical billing in 2006 and even received certification but I have yet to find a job in the field as a medical biller. One main reason is that recruiters do not mention that employers want anywhere from 2 years and upwards of experience. Medical billing is a field where employers do not accept entry level billers because billers help physicians receive money for services rendered. Physicians do not want rookies when it comes to financial compensation. To make the best out of a bad situation I would recommend taking some additional classes to become a certified medical assistant or a patient care technologist for employment opportunities. I would never recommend a person to take medical billing classes because of the increased use of electronic medical records (EMR's). The EMR's are designed so a physician can enter patient procedures and bill the insurance company automatically. The new technology has made medical billers almost obsolete. I only wish that I would had researched the field before I invested so much time, energy, and money into a plan that was destined to fail.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CCrooms

53 months ago

I beg to differ with the comment about Medical Billers and Coders becoming obsolete. Has anyone started looking at the ICD-10 conversion of ICD-9 codes. The coding system went from approximately 10,000 + code to about 200,000. The entire switch over will take effect with no choice in 2013. Some companies and computer billing systems have not even begun to do the switchover. If you really want to get into this field now, I would suggest learning everything you can about the ICD-10 switch. That means that there is a specificity to each code. There is no way in the world that a computer might be programmed to determine how a code can be assigned to a specific diagnosis - let alone a medical procedure needed to coincide so that the Physician will receive the maximum payment for the service.

That is the same kind of thinking which is why it is so difficult to break into this field. Someone, somewhere has to give us a break -- I know that it will come, but when.

We have to read and learn as much as we can about this field if we truly want to be apart of this field. As far as for EMR's that is a total different field in itself. Learning computers and then learning the methodology behind medical file compilation is a science in itself. There is a standard from CMS, and Medicare, but each physician has their own preference. Studying , joining National Associations which deal with billing and coding, as well as local chapters will allow anyone that is serious to start to get a foundation set to launch a career.

We are needed and the opportunities abound -- we just have to pay our dues and find them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunnyvicky88 in Salt Lake City, Utah

53 months ago

everest college is the worst

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

denisepyn@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

48 months ago

I went to everest in Springfield,mo down there I had different teachers for every class, I came here to Chicago, Il and they put you in one class all day with one damn teachers craming your with all the different subjects. R u serious one day teacher for all the different subjects. I graduated in Jan/2011 and still dont have a darn job. Very Frustrated but being patient cause I know god got me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

denisepyn@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

48 months ago

This is a very good field to go into just go to a reputable college. Look and search before going look for a college that is not going to cram you.

Elena in Hawthorne, California

39 months ago

I went to Everest , I guess it all depends how much passion and effort you put into it . I finished the program and got hired right away after my externship .. Positive attitude is very important .
Its been 6 months after getting hired and i love my job .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ecaldwell in Moreno Valley, California

38 months ago

Me and a few other friends attended ATi and it was the worst mistake we all made they are ran by dumb ppl who dont care for students welfare and just take your money and run i grad and nothing cause u dont get enough internship hours and its not accredited

kiwibilak in Traverse City, Michigan

36 months ago

Drake in Sandwich, Illinois said: I am thinking about going to college for medical codeing and billing . The program sounds good and they offer and pay for the certification. But i am hereing alot of negative and when i looked up online for jobs to check the market everything is far away is this common is the market good is this schoole reptuable. what should i do

I go to school at Everst, and will be graduating this October semester with my medical billing and coding Ass. I personally have enjoyed my experince, as it has allowed me to stay with my 2 small kids, and do the work truly on my own time. If you are an independent learner and can stick to the plan, you will do well. However, it all relies on you for what you do, or do not do. If you dont do the weekly work, you wont pass. If you do it with honest effort, I believe you will learn and pass.
I will say I am not somone who needs hands on instruction, as many people do. If you need lots of instructor time, this may not be the best choice for you. I find that being able to do my work while the kids are sleeping, whatever time it may be, is the best solution, and Everest works for me. Hope you find the right school, and dont look for only the negatives, see what the different schools offer, it matters too! good luck to you - B

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

trikey sanders in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

denisepyn@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois said: I went to everest in Springfield,mo down there I had different teachers for every class, I came here to Chicago, Il and they put you in one class all day with one damn teachers craming your with all the different subjects. R u serious one day teacher for all the different subjects. I graduated in Jan/2011 and still dont have a darn job. Very Frustrated but being patient cause I know god got me.

wow so u are basically saying that u dont recommend everest to anyone? the only real reason y i think im going to go with the program is bc they dont require a ged in the medical field but i would like toi find a stable job afterwards too but theres sooo many bad reviews im afraid to give it a shot!! please give me sum examples as to y u wouldnt vouche for the program thankx!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ilovemyschool in Dundalk, Maryland

36 months ago

jobhunting,lol in Norfolk, Virginia said: Hi, I agrree with you on that the commercial is so fake i wanna slap the t.v, I went for medical billing and finished ion 07/09 and still yet to find a job, employers dont wann give you and chance and is so sad that we feel as though we wasted our time and paying all that money. when everest needs to recommend us to people amd have updates on everyone thats hiring inour field---NOT JUST INTERNSHIP >

just wanted to say that just because a school offers an internship/externship DOES NOT guarantee you a job! you have to apply yourself. thats what its all about. its called a "working interview" for a reason! i mean HELLO?? i am currently attending FORTIS(formerly medix) and i love it...the only problem i am experiencing in this school is the drama between some of the students...but if you keep yourself out of it you will have no problems. i really dont understand how people can seriously sit there and expect a school to just hand them a job...IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY! get off your a** and make yourself useful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ladonna Young in Arlington, Texas

34 months ago

Hi I don't totally fault the schools. The price is it bad because college can be expensive no matter where you go. The problem is the employers do not want to give you a chance. It is sad I too gratuated in 2009 and only had a temp job that lasted only a month. I wish you success and Blessings either way.

Ya1775 in West Jordan, Utah

30 months ago

Im am currently enrolled in everest college but i have a couple questions will i even be a ble to get a job as a medical assitant after i finish the prigram or do all medical assistants need a degree?

carolenam in Austin, Texas

30 months ago

Mike in Los Angeles, California said: Job placement is standard for most schools. Our school has a 90% job placement rate along with the AHIMA/AAPC Certification Review? Does yours? NO. Thats a kicker!

what city are you located in i took the medical billing and code class from Bryman College San Jose, CA and all of us that finished went on to work in regular store and not in medical.

carolenam in Austin, Texas

30 months ago

Ya1775 in West Jordan, Utah said: Im am currently enrolled in everest college but i have a couple questions will i even be a ble to get a job as a medical assitant after i finish the prigram or do all medical assistants need a degree?

I heard your chances are better is you have an associates in medical billing or an associates to go with your certification.

iL

28 months ago

v in Miami, Florida said: hey you guys dont believe anything these schools are telling you everest and all te other ati tci itt are bs they dont help you get a job and yeah there easy but once you get out of there you have to get alicense and besides that you have to pay off your loans and if you dont got no job how in the world are you going to pay it off so its gonna mess up your credit dont do it i did and it not worth it and now im going to miami dade college starting next month and dont have to pay a thing back and getting my degree and aa great education so dont dot it tech school are bs

Hi V,
How is the program at Miami Dade going? Did you do the certificate or the associates in HIM? Please let me know.
IL

bloodywanka in Bayville, New Jersey

25 months ago

Cherilyn in Dayton, Ohio said: A friend of mine her other friend told me today that Everest College was going to cost her 3o or so grand to get a Degree in Business . That is way to much, I have heard horror stories about them.

i feel sorry for you bunnies, I hope you will all do okay

yunina29 in Mesquite, Texas

21 months ago

I'm interested in taking the Medical Billing/ Coding class at Eastfield College but I'd like to get more information, negative and positive. So if you have any information that you'd like to share please do.

MINAHOLT in Colorado Springs, Colorado

20 months ago

It's what you make of your career and job making decision. You went to school as a Medical Insurance Billing Coder,but did they NOT also tell you you can be a front or back office administrator. Or a File Clerk or records.You stop Looking Not the school!!Before/After you get your education..you are suppose to be Looking and figuring things out.Not waiting on a HAND OUT!! ONLY THINGS THE SCHOOL HAND YOU IS KNOWLEDGE,EXTERNSHIP,AND YOUR CERTIFICATE FOR COMPLETION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Windermere, Florida

18 months ago

What is your school ??

Meg in Toronto, Ontario

10 months ago

many people are saying everst dipolmas arent valued as other colleges is that true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stevenrobles514@msn.com in California

5 months ago

I'm supposed to start a medical billing and coding program at Everest college in city of industry,ca next week. They want about 14 grand minus close to 6grand of financial aid. But now It sounds like I might back out of it. How far do employers check your background in this field. I have a D.U.I from back in 2008 which is almost 7 years old. I'm trying to better my life for myself and children. But am I going just to end up in debt. Is a certificate in this program enough to get a job or is this a scam. The local community college offers the program for $1,300 plus books. That's a big difference from $14,000. Am I being scammed or is all that extra money worth the job placement.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.