Just finished school for medical billing and recieved my CBCS certification, but am having a hard time finding work.Any advice?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

scardenas23 in Huntington Beach, California

62 months ago

I have the same issue of finding a job, having no in field experience.Its so frustrating!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Lexington, North Carolina

62 months ago

Hi,

I am taking the exam on saturday. I am having problems picking the correct code in the multiple choice mock exams. Did you have a process of eliminaltion on the questions to find the correct codes. I need a good method of narrowing the questions down to what I am looking for if that makes any sense.

Thanks,

Tammy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron Forbes in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

I, have the same problem i graduated fro Everest Institute and they haven`t help me are nothing all they wanted was my student loan money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy Heaphy in Savannah, Georgia

61 months ago

Fill out the application online first, they won't even talk to you until you do that. After, fax the hospital a resume' to the Human Resources Department with a name on it. Call and find out who is in charge of the hiring, put that person's name on the coverletter/Resume and fax it to them. They don't throw away faxes because they don't know if a person asked you to fax them the resume.
Don't be afraid to be flexable on a shifts or take a Per Diem (on Call)position, the lead to full time most of the time. It gets you into the hospitals or clinic and you gain experience. Right now your sitting home doing nothing waiting for a phone to ring, Take Charge and remember some money is better than no money. Gainning experience will get you where you need to be. I have done this and it' has gotten me a good job with in 3 months. You have nothing to lose by going all out for a job. Personal visits to the place after you do the on line application, then bring in a Copy of your Resume and coverletter. Give it a try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

vicki in Chatsworth, Georgia

28 months ago

scardenas23 in Huntington Beach, California said: I have the same issue of finding a job, having no in field experience.Its so frustrating!!!!!

Me to, I have been out of school for over 1 year now and still have found no job for my skills. I run into "We want someone who has at least 2-5 yrs of experience" I have a working knowledge but no one willing to train....Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it....

vicki in Chatsworth, Georgia

28 months ago

scardenas23 in Huntington Beach, California said: I have the same issue of finding a job, having no in field experience.Its so frustrating!!!!!

Me to, I have been out of school for over 1 year now and still have found no job for my skills. I run into "We want someone who has at least 2-5 yrs of experience" I have a working knowledge but no one willing to train....Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it....

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

vicki in Chatsworth, Georgia said: Me to, I have been out of school for over 1 year now and still have found no job for my skills. I run into "We want someone who has at least 2-5 yrs of experience" I have a working knowledge but no one willing to train....Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it....

My niece had the same problem and she says find nursing homes/assisted living in the trashiest areas and apply. They have high turnovers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.