Medical Billing and Coding Schools in Georgia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

knd38 in Lula, Georgia

40 months ago

I'm interested in changing careers to medical office/billing and coding and need to find a good program that I can receive the best training but in a short period of time. I'm not interested in a two year program. Can anyone tell me the best schools (online or not online) for Georgia residents? I'm looking at a six month program through Gatlin Education. Has anyone had any experience with them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've researched this on the internet every way possible and now think I have information overload.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

40 months ago

knd38 in Lula, Georgia said: I'm interested in changing careers to medical office/billing and coding and need to find a good program that I can receive the best training but in a short period of time. I'm not interested in a two year program. Can anyone tell me the best schools (online or not online) for Georgia residents? I'm looking at a six month program through Gatlin Education. Has anyone had any experience with them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've researched this on the internet every way possible and now think I have information overload.

I would recommend either the coding program through AAPC or AHIMA. They are the 2 main credentialing organizations for coding, so they offer very in depth coding training.

I personally would not go to Gatlin since they are private for profit school and charge WAY too much. If you are paying more than $3,000 for a coding program, its too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.