Connecticut Anyone here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

victory-rc in Putnam, Connecticut

49 months ago

Hello,Im just getting started in the billing and coding field and I was wondering how the connecticut area is for this job.Any info or help is welcome. Did I make a good choice or a mistake LOL ... Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kelly yang in Connecticut

49 months ago

I have same questions, Any advice would be greatly appreciated~

valentine in West Jordan, Utah

49 months ago

kelly yang in Connecticut said: I have same questions, Any advice would be greatly appreciated~

I don't know specifically about connecticut, but generally speaking as the united states as a whole, this is a great field with a lot of opportunity, unless you are a new grad with no experience. then it is a little trickier.

most employers hire certified coders with at least 2 years experience, since it is hard to get experience if no one will hire you, it is general advice to try and get a job elsewhere in the field, such as medical records, billing, data entry or even front desk. gain medical experience and leverage it for a coding job.

kelly yang in Connecticut

48 months ago

Valentine, Thanks for your reply and advice.

I found that some programs for medical billing and coding in CT need over $10,000 to complete. I was wondering is this kind of program worthy taking? If I choose to take the courses online, would it be difficult for me to prepare the CCP exams?

Any information or help is greatly appreciated.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.