Medical Coder Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (817) - Start a Discussion

jslinfla2 in Delray Beach, Florida

Updated 17 months ago

Deafness and Nursing - 1 Reply

Hello, my name is Marnie and I have recently lost so much of my hearing that I can no longer function as a Registered Nurse(charge 23 years). I am...

Michelle78 in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 17 months ago

Best online school? - 3 Replies

I am looking at Andrews - looks very promising but any others anyone can recommend? Some seem a little scammy and looking for "best online medical...

PMRNC in Plattsburgh, New York

Updated 17 months ago

Medical Coding - Online Schools like Allied? - 185 Replies

Has anyone done their medical coding education completely online? Does anyone have any experience with AlliedSchools.com? And have you been able...

Steve in Victorville, California

Has anyone taken ABHCP Medical Billing and Coding Exam (M35)?

Currently studying for this exam, wondering if anyone took it and can tell me what I can expect? http://abhcp.org/r/medical-billing-and-coding-spec...

hannahfromga in Tifton, Georgia

HIM degree vs. CPC only

Hello to all! I'm seeking advice. A while back I completeld a coding certification program but have yet to take my CPC exam. If I enrolled in a HIM...

Allen Kniep in Duluth, Minnesota

Updated 18 months ago

Jobs/Careers for "RHIA" professionals ? - 22 Replies

I am interested in majoring in B.S. Health Information Management & M.S. Informatics. I also want to take the "RHIA" licensing exam afterwards. But,...

mop in Seattle, Washington

Updated 18 months ago

remote coder from outside the states - 2 Replies

Hello! I'm thinking to go back to Japan due to my family emergency. I am wondering if there are companies who accept to work from outside of the...

Amanda in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

Updated 18 months ago

First coding job interview - 2 Replies

Hello all, Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have an Associates in Applied Science and am an RHIT. Currently, I do billing for a...

Stephanie.lomo@*****.*** in Gaithersburg, Maryland

Updated 18 months ago

CCA exam - 1613 Replies

I am scheduled to take my CCA exam from AHIMA in two weeks. If anyone has taken this certification or any similiar certifications, Can you please...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 18 months ago

Males in Medical Coding - 1 Reply

I am a male and I am wondering about being a male in the medical coding/billing field. All I see everywhere (AAPC meetings, forums, my classes) are...

Coder1 in Warren, Ohio

Updated 18 months ago

Local chapters - 1 Reply

Hi, I recently decided to pick up medical billing and coding and I will start at Devry in July but I may not go through with it because of the cost I...

AriAstro in Tucson, Arizona

Need help!

Hello! I'm going through an agency that will help me with paying for my medical coding training. It's called Arizona Workforce. I'm a recent single...

KristieB29 in Duncan, Oklahoma

Medical Coder Interview

I am a student at Bryan University and I am in the Medical Billing and Coding program. I need a medical coder to contact me for an interview for one...

Medical Coder 42 in Kingsport, Tennessee

medical coding hours

I am a medical coder that works mandatory 48+hours per week. I am wondering if this is common everywhere? Could you please respond with your average...

HIT Student in Westland, Michigan

Need RHIT to interview

Hello, I am looking for an RHIT that would be willing to answer some questions about their job via email. I am doing this for a class project. It...

HIM Professional in Jonesboro, Georgia

Updated 19 months ago

Will employers accept a RHIA certification for a medical coding postion? - 1 Reply

Hello Everyone, I just received my B.S in HIM and my next step is to get certify. I am interested in medical coding and looking into...

idunno in Orlando, Florida

RHIA advice needed please

Hi everyone, I have some questions and in need of advice. Hopefully you can guys help! I graduated with a Bachelor's in Healthcare Administration...

CodingInstructor in Chandler, Arizona

Updated 20 months ago

Medical Coding Tutor needed! - 2 Replies

Hello, I'm taking the medical coding class online. I live in Killeen, Tx and was wondering if there is someone in my area willing to tutor me for...

CodingInstructor in Chandler, Arizona

Updated 20 months ago

Struggling to find work as a Medical Coder - 2 Replies

Any advice on how to land a job as a coder? I have completed the Career Step program, received my CPC and CCA and now am struggling to find work. ...

Ann_M in Georgia

Updated 20 months ago

Interview Questions for RHIT/RHIA - 7 Replies

Hi! I am a student studying to become an RHIT, and hopefully a medical coder. As part of our coursework, we are required to interview a current RHIT...

rissy in Austin, Texas

question on RHIT job titles

I like to know what job titles I should search for when trying to search for a job, I don't I typed in Medical information tech but rarely anything...

Compliant Coding Systems in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 21 months ago

So much info, don't know what to trust... - 7 Replies

Hi, I've been considering medical coding for quite some time now. I've been working at a university medical center getting insurance authorizations...

Parish Wolfe in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 21 months ago

Any Other Unemployed CCI at Johns Hopkins Grads? - 17 Replies

Despite what the enrollment office promised as to externship placement and job help, I finished my billing and coding program and have GOTTEN NO...

Compliant Coding Systems in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 21 months ago

Medical coder reply - 1 Reply

I was going to be in medical coder but I don't think it will be worth it because too much competition in California and there are recurring tests and...

Barb24 in Wheaton, Illinois

Updated 21 months ago

Can Medical assistant land a entry level coder job - 1 Reply

I'm returning to school for free. I will final get to finish medical assistant school. I have to redue the whole program but every class I paid for...

Miya Baylor in Decatur, Georgia

Updated 21 months ago

Coding books for sale - 3 Replies

I have a complete set of Medical Coding books for sale cheaper than Amazon. Buy all together and save! Included: 2011 ICD-0-CM For Hospitals (Carol...

vandaniels in Grafton, West Virginia

Updated 21 months ago

Do I need my RHIT credentials in order to get a job in medical billing - 48 Replies

I graduated almost 3 years ago with an Assoiate in Health Information Technology but have still not taken the RHIT exam. I am still looking for work...

mikar3 in Smyrna, Tennessee

Updated 21 months ago

RHIA or RHIT willing to interview? - 9 Replies

Hi. I'm a current HIT student and have a report due. Would anyone with a RHIA or RHIT credential be will to let me interview them?

Mmca in Maine

Do most big medical coding companies work just weekdays?

I've been coding for a small hospital but looking to start coding remotely. I've had an offer but it involves working one weekend a month or always...

Michelle78 in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 22 months ago

Medical Billing/Coding/Transcription - 1 Reply

I am a mom struggling to find a job to fit my custody arrangement and for years I have thought about medical billing and coding, or...

IPCoder2Be in Chattanooga, Tennessee

Updated 22 months ago

Advice on Coding Certification - 1 Reply

Hello everyone! My name is Lori and I am new to the site but not to Medical Billing and Coding. I have been doing it since 1997. I never went to...

Jennifer White in Mcdonough, Georgia

Updated 22 months ago

Entry-Level Medical Records, Coding, Billing Employment - 85 Replies

I live in the Flint Michigan area and am looking for entry level employment in the area of medical records, coding, or billing. I have an...

Neroadtrip in Apopka, Florida

Coding Education

I am looking into getting my coding certification. I'm not sure what direction to go to start. I've pretty much ruled out the online career...

ptrang1987 in dallas, Texas

Updated 23 months ago

Health information technology degree - 1 Reply

Hello all, I plan to apply for the health information technology program at my local community college. My question is,is it worth it? As far as...

NdigoMojo in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 23 months ago

Home Health Coding - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any advice on home health coding? I have my RHIT and could never land an entry level coding job. Ended up getting a medical record...

Q101 in South Carolina

Training certification and getting experience

Hello everyone! I am researching getting into Medical coding and billing. 1. Because of my current schedule, I am looking for online training....

IPCoder2Be in Chattanooga, Tennessee

Updated 23 months ago

Medical Coding - 4 Replies

I just don't know where to begin. I am currently looking into the Medical Coder CCC at Hillsborough Community College or just completing the program...

Renee in Carolina Beach, North Carolina

Medical coding student conducting an interview for school

Hello! I am currently enrolled in school for Medical Coding. One of our assignments is to interview people in the Medical Coding profession. I...

dboyz0123 in Youngstown, Ohio

Updated 24 months ago

Health Information Management or Information Science? - 4 Replies

Hi, I got my BS degree in Environmental Health. I'm very interested in Health Informatics, but I don't have experience neither in healthcare nor IT...

Leidy r in miami, Florida

Updated 24 months ago

Coding Positions - 319 Replies

We are looking for Medical coders willing to travel in your area. These jobs pay very well. We also have remote jobs available. Please send RESUME...

Leidy r in miami, Florida

Updated 24 months ago

Looking for part time remote coding position - 2 Replies

hi I have 3 years of inpatient coding experience, i have CCS credentialing and ICD 10 training. My quality and productivity have always been at or...

msluyter@*****.*** in Sparta, New Jersey

Updated 24 months ago

Just obtained CPC-A - 6 Replies

I passed my exam late December, and have been submitting applications in my area, but so far no luck. Is there anyone from my area that knows of a...

Coder45 in Biloxi, Mississippi

Reviews to get ready for Coding Certifications

http://bit.ly/blizzardevents2016

Rayanne Kott in Troy, Michigan

Need some questions answered from a Medical coder for a school project. PLEASE HELP!!!!

1.) How do you translate medical information into useful data? 2) How does incomplete documentation affect the flow of the reimbursement...

Medical Coders / Billers Courses

Great Courses for Medical Coders and Billers including HCC Coders, ICD-10 training and CPC exam review: http://bit.ly/Main-Website http://bit.ly/cpcre...

Jenny Horner in Edmond, Oklahoma

Question about Certification Exams

Hi all, I am having a hard time deciding what certification to go after now, I currently hold my CPC. I have worked in Pathology almost 2 years,...

Baduizm in Alabama

Recently passed CCA certification but...

Hi All, While waiting to get accepted into a radiology program in my state, I seeked out to pursue a another career so my time would not be...

Erica B in Brooklyn, New York

Make a few extra dollars online!

http://Job4Living.com/?ref=67048

jenanne in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

Getting Back into Medical Coding after 13 years in Real Estate - 2 Replies

I used to be a Medical Coder/Biller 13 years ago before the company closed its doors and I was laid off. I became a Certified Biller not Coder at...

Updated 26 months ago

CPC/CCS review blitz videos, ICD-10 blitz videos and other coding programs - 1 Reply

If you are looking for a great review for your CPC or CCS exam I recommend you check this out http://bit.ly/cpcreviewblitz they helped me pass the...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.