Can not find a job in RHIT field/Coding

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 103)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

L123 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

65 months ago

I really need advice, I graduated from the HIT program and got my RHIT. I have such a hard time finding a job due to lack of experince in coding and working in the HIM department. I really want to code but most facilities want 2 or more years. I have one year experience with admitting and working with medical records! Every interview that I have gone to has decided to pick someone with more experience! Help I need some advice and a job real bad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

valentine2 in salt lake city, Utah

65 months ago

I know its not what you want to hear, especially after getting a degree and passing the RHIT (congrats on that), but most employers are not going to hire someone without actual experience to do their coding. Between the new RAC audits, government mandates on fraud and abuse, not to mention a hospital/clinics corner stone: reimbursement, there is too much at stake for an inexperienced person.

It is unfair and disheartening.

So your best bet is to try to get your foot into HIM at a hospital, start in medical records (or something similiar) and let your supervisor know that you want to do coding (not all RHIT's are interested in coding and are happy working in medical records). Offer to help out if the coding dept gets behind, or if you can shadow a couple hours a day, etc. And a lower job is still better than no job.

I do not say this to make you upset or to discourage, but to show the reality of coding, I am only trying to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

leorajs in Lebanon, Tennessee

64 months ago

RHIT jobs are hard to come by no matter what type they are. I earned my AAS and passed the RHIT last year, and have been searching for work in this field for the past 6 months. After nearly 100 resumes and/or, or online applications,I have had three interviews, with one possibility still pending. I am nearly finished with a second Bachelors degree; my first one is in science - human biology and physiology was my passion and my major. I have nursing assistant experience and all the training to become an RN which I did not do. I have applied for many types of jobs. Everyone wants experience, but the experienced people are becoming fewer and fewer. I figure I will finish this degree and search for a position as a RHIA, and if I do not find something quickly, I may just give it up. This is a second career for me, and I cannot afford to have several fruitless years of searching. I am discouraged, to say the least. I am fed up with trusting the job market stats, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Granbury, Texas

64 months ago

So sorry to hear it is so hard for you to find work! Until I started reading these forums, I had no idea. It wasn't like that back in the 90s when I graduated. I guess they are becoming more strict as the years go on. I have heard that you should try getting your foot in the door by working in some other capacity within the hospital department. Like one of the support positions?

I have been coding ER charts for the last 14 years, and now I'm a little concerned that I have limited myself. It seems like everyone wants people with inpatient coding experience. I did do inpatient coding right out of college, but it has changed so much since then. I am going to try to get back into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

leorajs in Lebanon, Tennessee

64 months ago

Interestingly enough, it seems to be frowned upon to work in another area just to get your foot in the door. I have applied for everything from admissions/registrar to receptionist/intake and back again. I will eventually find something in HIM or HIT. I am contemplating more education in database management. I also need to check out some of the vendors at the THIMA convention this year. There is more to see and do than I could possibly encounter in the rest of my working life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

portagee7 in San Francisco, California

63 months ago

L123 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin said: I really need advice, I graduated from the HIT program and got my RHIT. I have such a hard time finding a job due to lack of experince in coding and working in the HIM department. I really want to code but most facilities want 2 or more years. I have one year experience with admitting and working with medical records! Every interview that I have gone to has decided to pick someone with more experience! Help I need some advice and a job real bad!

Hello, have you considered applying for a healthcare technology company? I work for a healthcare technology company, specializing in coding solutions. They are currently looking for people with coding background and expertise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EDCtx in Texas

63 months ago

portagee7 in San Francisco, California said: Hello, have you considered applying for a healthcare technology company? I work for a healthcare technology company, specializing in coding solutions. They are currently looking for people with coding background and expertise.

Is it 3M?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

EDCtx in Texas

63 months ago

I have been coding for a long time and I am getting angry with these companies that will hire people from India with CPC credentials, but will not hire an American with AHIMA credentials right out of college. I have been through the RHIT program and it is a very good education!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

portagee7 in San Francisco, California

63 months ago

EDCtx in Texas said: Is it 3M?

No it isn't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

portagee7 in San Francisco, California said: Hello, have you considered applying for a healthcare technology company? I work for a healthcare technology company, specializing in coding solutions. They are currently looking for people with coding background and expertise.

No, but i will defn. look into that
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EDCtx in Texas

62 months ago

portagee7 in San Francisco, California said: No it isn't.

Ok. I did see that 3M was hiring people with a coding background to be customer service reps as a work-at-home position recently. I thought it might be them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

i39ff in San Pablo, California

57 months ago

DKrk in Eau Claire, Wisconsin said: It is certainly hard to find work as an RHIT, and with Nursing taking over their jobs that RHIT's did in the past, I'm really wondering about the validity of the RHIT program. There used to be a lot more opportunities for RHIT's. AS for AHIMA it's very expensive and not much is offered from them to help you get a job either.

My thoughts too, which is why I am considering applying for nursing school. However...after graduating from nursing, I'm hoping to work in a position that is geared a little more to the HIM professional role.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Hutchinson, Minnesota

57 months ago

To be honest, this thread seems like a lot of sour grapes.

All you have to do is look around and you will find thousands of jobs across the country asking to hire RHITs specifically. AHIMA does give you a lot of support by keeping you up to date on changes to coding and to HIM and offers seminars and all sorts of things that help keep you employable as a RHIT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

portagee7

57 months ago

I agree with you Mike. Given the state of current ICD-10 and EHR mandates in healthcare, the need for qualified and experienced coders is in huge demand. Anyone with a background in healthcare or technology, quite truthfully, should have no problem acquiring a position. Jobs don't land on your lap, regardless of industry. If one wants a job, they do have to devote some effort in obtaining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

leo in Lebanon, Tennessee

57 months ago

I have applied for at least 160 positions in the last 18 months. All want experience and will not look at someone new in the field. Our resumes are weeded out by HR software due to not enough experience. You seem to think I am a liar - not so. I am living the problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

portagee7 said: I agree with you Mike. Given the state of current ICD-10 and EHR mandates in healthcare, the need for qualified and experienced coders is in huge demand. Anyone with a background in healthcare or technology, quite truthfully, should have no problem acquiring a position. Jobs don't land on your lap, regardless of industry. If one wants a job, they do have to devote some effort in obtaining.

Yes, that's just it. ICD-10 is going to increase demand.

The part that irritates me about all this talk about no jobs for inexperienced people. HOW DO PEOPLE THINK THE RETIREES ARE REPLACED? Obviously inexperienced people are being hired. There are a lot of older coders out there that will be/are retiring, those spots have to go to someone.

Where I work they are hiring about 10-12 positions that RHITs are qualified for. Yes, they all want experience, but not always coding experience. Most of these position "prefer" previous billing/health care experience.

Given that I have a background in medical labs and billing (not coding) I had no trouble finding work as a RHIT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

leo in Lebanon, Tennessee said: I have applied for at least 160 positions in the last 18 months. All want experience and will not look at someone new in the field. Our resumes are weeded out by HR software due to not enough experience. You seem to think I am a liar - not so. I am living the problem.

As I said, someone with a medical or medical billing background with an RHIT degree should have no problem finding work right out of school.

I don't know anything about you Leo, so I cannot say why you are having the issue you are. However, good references, a good work history (even if not related),a good resume and interviewing skills are huge.To be completely honest, I find it incredibly strange that someone who has applied for so many jobs hasn't gotten a single one. Another possibility is that they may think you are over qualified given a previous bachelors,a AAS and working toward a second bachelors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

You are disturbing me. You are not listening to me. You must think I am a cyber-body without any tangible reality. You are not kind. You are not helpful. People like you make me angry, irritate ME. I have asked for help, begged for ideas, and have an extensive background supporting my RHIT credential. I have applied for (M)ANY positions related to Health Information Technology, and none were offered to me. I just want people who are not already working in healthcare to be very sure that they jump through all the hoops - especially the networking part. Without that, and more, it is difficult, but not impossible, to find work in this field. Yes, ICD-10 will open more doors, and the first ones in will be those with EXPERIENCE IN ICD-9! I have talked to more than one HIM/coding manager, and they confirm this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Minneapolis, Minnesota

57 months ago

If you don't do all that is needed to find a job. These days every job requires someone to have some ability to network. It's something you need to learn and to work at to be successful these days. Join the local chapter of AHIMA, if you have not already. Go to the meetings, conferences..ect. These are great networking opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in West Springfield, Massachusetts

57 months ago

mike in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: If you don't do all that is needed to find a job. These days every job requires someone to have some ability to network. It's something you need to learn and to work at to be successful these days. Join the local chapter of AHIMA, if you have not already. Go to the meetings, conferences..ect. These are great networking opportunities.

Hi Mike, thank you for that advice esp about joining my local chapter of AHIMA. Also, right on about the networking part. It is SOOO important. You have to sell yourself first to get thru the first interview and get picked for the second interview. I hear these days that all companies in all different types of business' want you to come back for 2 or more interviews. sao selling yourself will get you into the next round.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Minneapolis, Minnesota

57 months ago

Yes, Lisa, sometimes you will have more than one interview. Particlarly if they have several candidates they like. You just cannot value networking enough. Nothing will boost your stock than having a reference who the person doing the hiring knows. Or being able to say you know someoene they know or saying you worked with this person..ect.

If you network well enough, jobs will come to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in West Springfield, Massachusetts

57 months ago

mike in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Yes, Lisa, sometimes you will have more than one interview. Particlarly if they have several candidates they like. You just cannot value networking enough. Nothing will boost your stock than having a reference who the person doing the hiring knows. Or being able to say you know someoene they know or saying you worked with this person..ect.

If you network well enough, jobs will come to you.

EXCELLENT ADVICE, I so agree with you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

portagee7

56 months ago

I have a 23 year career in the healthcare technology/services industry. I can honestly say, these companies are constantly searching for people with medical backgrounds, RHIT, Coding, etc... If you are flexible and willing to look outstide the hospital industry for employment, I am more than happy to refer the names of some company links for your reference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

53 months ago

portagee7 said: I have a 23 year career in the healthcare technology/services industry. I can honestly say, these companies are constantly searching for people with medical backgrounds, RHIT, Coding, etc... If you are flexible and willing to look outstide the hospital industry for employment, I am more than happy to refer the names of some company links for your reference.

I would love a reference to healthcare technology companies that are currently hiring in our area-however I am not up for constant travel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

janny108 in Sierra Vista, Arizona

52 months ago

Which is why I'm not pursuing medical billing/coding anymore. I felt people I talked to about it couldn't say Yes or No about it, everything Depends. Sorry but that isn't a reason to pursue it.Even at the temp office they admitted they don't get many placements for coders. So I'm going to go for medical admin assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay in Lincoln, Nebraska

52 months ago

portagee7 said: I have a 23 year career in the healthcare technology/services industry. I can honestly say, these companies are constantly searching for people with medical backgrounds, RHIT, Coding, etc... If you are flexible and willing to look outstide the hospital industry for employment, I am more than happy to refer the names of some company links for your reference.

Hi, I'm just starting my RHIT schooling, but I would like to get my foot in the door now if possible, doing something with medical billing or records maybe. Could you give me the names of some companies I could contact? Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

52 months ago

Kate in Eau Claire, Wisconsin said: I would love a reference to healthcare technology companies that are currently hiring in our area-however I am not up for constant travel.

I have just graduated from the Health Information Program at CVTC in may and would love to see the references that you have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

@Lindsay i would defn start with a United Health Care they have many jobs in billng and in claims. MOst of those position do not require a degree and is an excellent foot in the door, I just did a 6mth contract thru temp and loved the exposure! I struggle to find a job in the field but will take whatever just to gain that experience... I sounded negative in my first post but is also postive about what the future holds for me..good luck everyone and keep your head up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beasy in Lawrenceville, Georgia

47 months ago

I am a little lost. I am currently a LVN seeking to change feilds. I no longer want to pursue nursing and I am interested in HIM/RHIA/RHIT. I am so confused about what each stands for and the amount of school required. I am also concerned about the job oppertunities after reading this blog. Please someone shed some light what HIM/RHIA/RHIT stands for, how much school for suchar programs, and what the job market looks like in Texas.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

simbacatz in Skokie, Illinois

47 months ago

beasy in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I am a little lost. I am currently a LVN seeking to change feilds. I no longer want to pursue nursing and I am interested in HIM/RHIA/RHIT. I am so confused about what each stands for and the amount of school required. I am also concerned about the job oppertunities after reading this blog. Please someone shed some light what HIM/RHIA/RHIT stands for, how much school for suchar programs, and what the job market looks like in Texas.
Thanks

Health Information Management(HIM) is the field. RHIT-Registered Health Information technician is the title once you become certified by taking the RHIT exam. To be a RHIT you have to attend a two year college. RHIA-Registered Health Information Administrator is also the tiltle for the position. You need to attend four years of college for that. The job market is suppose to be good for this field.I just graduated in May, took my RHIT exam and now am looking for a job. I have been looking for a job for almost two months now. No luck yet. No one even calls for an interview. It seems like it's not in demand as they say it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

techinoc in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

Is it possible to find a job with a brand new RHIT, a CCS but no real experience except for school internship?
I will be graduating from RHIT program this fall but am not sure where to start looking when all the hospital in the area want several years experience.
It is very frustrating

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamahl :-) in Allentown, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

In large part, I believe the issue is where people are looking for these job opportunities. We most first remember that HIT/HIM in many instances are considered IT job, just in the healthcare field. So a good resource is Dice.com
Another good resource is the AAPC website, which has a job search functionality. While my HIT/HIM experience has been as a clinical applications specialist, I get calls/emails weekly, if not daily for a wide range of positions. I'm just now pursuing my RHIT. I already have a BS in Information Technology, as well as my MS in Cyber Security, so a large part of the credits for the AAS in HIT are going to transfer. I should finish in less than a year, then will sit for my RHIT (no RHIA programs in my area). But I don't forsee any difficulty in finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

TheHobbit1 in New York, New York

38 months ago

[QUOTE who="Jamahl I get calls/emails weekly, if not daily for a wide range of positions. I'm just now pursuing my RHIT. I already have a BS in Information Technology , as well as my MS in Cyber Security.

Do you wonder why you get calls...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

We Develop Careers in Willingboro, New Jersey

37 months ago

Call us, we can help you launch your career as a RHIT. Our career development counselors will work hand in hand with you to ensure that you get a position as a RHIT.
eight zero one three eight six nine nine five nine
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

misst72 in Antioch, Tennessee

33 months ago

I agree with you. This career field is NOT in as great demand as is promoted. Schools are entities that operate with the intent to make money....even if that money is made by feeding into the dreams of people hoping that education will provide them a better life. I feel like I wasted a lot of my time and my money, not to mention accumulating a mountain of student loan debt, thinking that getting more education would open employment doors for me. What a mistake! I have networked and I still continue to network. I graduated from three programs (healthcare administration/Health Information Systems and Health Information Technology) with academic honors. I am in two honor societies. I have 21 years of healthcare experience. I am an RHIT.
My goodness, do I have to walk on water and cast out demons to get even an entry level job that doesn't involve changing diapers and turning patients all day long?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

After looking for over three years, I found work again! Rather, I went to a networking meeting. The leader happened to be a recruiter for a healthcare system, who was looking for an entry level medical records coordinator! She told them about me, and they interviewed and hired me very soon after. The only way I could have done this is with this newer idea of networking. It worked for me! Life just got a lot better, and I am on my way in my new career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kdmar12 in Bellville, Ohio

33 months ago

L123 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin said: I really need advice, I graduated from the HIT program and got my RHIT. I have such a hard time finding a job due to lack of experince in coding and working in the HIM department. I really want to code but most facilities want 2 or more years. I have one year experience with admitting and working with medical records! Every interview that I have gone to has decided to pick someone with more experience! Help I need some advice and a job real bad!

I'm having the same problem--graduated with an AAS in HIT with honors last year and earned my RHIT through AHIMA, but, have had no luck in finding anything due to lack of working experience in coding or a medical office--all my interviews they say they are going with some with more experience--beginning to think I chose the wrong field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

pin75us in Cape Coral, Florida

27 months ago

I am having the same issue. I graduated about six months ago with an Associates in Science and also have the RHIT certification. I am not getting any call backs. I think I made a huge mistake in pursuing this career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

MossyOak in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

I am currently in college for the AAS in Health Information Technology degree and I will also have the opportunity to sit for the RHIT exam once I complete graduation. I would like to get into contact with someone that currently works in this field that can give me an idea of what I should expect a day at this job to be like? What are the options as far as different jobs that you are able to pursue with this degree? I plan to work in the Houston area upon graduation. I should start my actual program come this August, so I would like to be certain I am on the right path as far as the right career for myself. Thank you in advance to anyone lending their advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kenpachi in Tempe, Arizona

22 months ago

pin75us in Cape Coral, Florida said: I am having the same issue. I graduated about six months ago with an Associates in Science and also have the RHIT certification. I am not getting any call backs. I think I made a huge mistake in pursuing this career.

Its just not the HIM field ...its any field. Even grads with MBAs are struggling to find an entry level position. I don't know what to do. I just finished an AAS in HIT and passed the RHIT exam. im 29, getting older, don't have a job. No money,and I feel like a loser. Most people who work in the HIM department do not have a college education. College degrees are the new high school diplomas of the 80's. Everyone has one now, employers could care less. Unless you're specializing, I think college degrees are pretty much a useless piece of paper these days. College is a business after all, the schools need to make money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rod in San Diego, California

20 months ago

Certificates can only help. Without experience you are going to have to start out entry level. Try applying for medical billing/collections positions and expand to coding with the coding certificate. I started in the mailroom and now managing and supervising in the medical field. Many medical billing companies out there will hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Natsu dragneel in Tempe, Arizona

20 months ago

Rod in San Diego, California said: Certificates can only help. Without experience you are going to have to start out entry level. Try applying for medical billing/collections positions and expand to coding with the coding certificate. I started in the mailroom and now managing and supervising in the medical field. Many medical billing companies out there will hire.

Even entry level jobs require experience. market is saturated with grads. Its hard getting a position paying 11 dollars per hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ec in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF WI. That's the issue. I just relocated from WI to Chicago. There is more opportunity here. Did you graduate from DeVry?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

luffy in Tempe, Arizona

17 months ago

Hello fellow RHIT's,

Any luck finding employment in the field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lt in Georgia

11 months ago

No luck for me here. I have the same story as all the rest. Earned my AS Degree and RHIT certification, put in countless applications with 1 interview only to be denied due to lack of experience. I too am very discourage and feel I have made a very pricy mistake. Have student loans to pay but no HIM position. It's like having a new car and not being able to drive it, but better make those payment each month.

Where are all these jobs that were suppose to be available with the implementation of ICD-10. I even had those courses, specify it on my resume and still nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

luffy in Tempe, Arizona

11 months ago

lt in Georgia said: No luck for me here. I have the same story as all the rest. Earned my AS Degree and RHIT certification, put in countless applications with 1 interview only to be denied due to lack of experience. I too am very discourage and feel I have made a very pricy mistake. Have student loans to pay but no HIM position. It's like having a new car and not being able to drive it, but better make those payment each month.

Where are all these jobs that were suppose to be available with the implementation of ICD-10. I even had those courses, specify it on my resume and still nothing.

I can't find any work in state. I've been looking out of state, had a few phone interviews and one skype, but i bombed the interviews.. ugh. Look on Indeed everyday. Type RHIT or coder apprentice/trainee. I saw a position in miami earlier- they're looking to hire 4 coder apprentices. I hope we both find something.
good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vikkitatum@*****.*** in Tennessee

11 months ago

Becoming an RHIT was a big mistake for me too. There are no advancement opportunities where I work. All management and admins are CPCs. I wasted valuable time and money on a degree and certification that I will likely never use the way I was told that I could use it. I feel like such a fool. I no longer seek employment. I'm coding at an entry level and losing all the skills I gained as an RHIT. The pay is terrible. I'm in school working towards another degree in computer science that I think will actually allow me to work in my field at my full potential.
I do not and will not ever encourage any person to seek education for the RHIT degree and certification. This was the MOST disappointing waste of time and money I have ever experienced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RHITinGA in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

lt in Georgia said: No luck for me here. I have the same story as all the rest. Earned my AS Degree and RHIT certification, put in countless applications with 1 interview only to be denied due to lack of experience. I too am very discourage and feel I have made a very pricy mistake. Have student loans to pay but no HIM position. It's like having a new car and not being able to drive it, but better make those payment each month.

I'm also in GA and haven't found anything in the HIT field except for a remote job working as an abstractor. It's better than nothing but for the work I'm doing, I feel that I should be getting more since I got the job before I passed my RHIT exam. I'm trying to be hopeful but it's getting hard to do so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

angelnicole in Livonia, Michigan

10 months ago

That is exactly why I did not go into this field because the employers don't care about your training. They only want to hire people with experience. But that seems to be the case with anything you go to school for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robyn Rogers in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

I received my RHIT certification in December and I'm getting very discouraged as well. I have sent out countless resumes with no replies. I am currently working a contract position as a health insurance biller. I'm not sure when this position will end, but I need to find something asap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.