Going on one year date since passing CCA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Loyd1957 in Oviedo, Florida

40 months ago

Well it's been almost a year since taking and passing the CCA exam...and still no closer to finding work. The problem now is that I have been away from it so long, even with trying to keep up with workbooks, that I am not sure I will even remember anything. Feel so disappointed in the whole system. Of course, shame on me for not doing more investigation into coding and how it works after getting certification. Now feel that HIM courses would have been more productive. Hang in there folks. Hope more of you are finding a silver lining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Austin, Texas

40 months ago

Did you try to find a entry level non coding HIM job? That is the best way to break into coding, by getting your foot in the door, gaining some much needed experience and then moving up to a coding job. That is how most of us started out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Loyd1957 in Oviedo, Florida

40 months ago

Yes, but assume for every HIM entry level there is probably many, many applying. I have had one callback for HIM Analyst I and got as far as the pre-employment test which I assume everyone passes. Then it comes down to experience etc. or who you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Austin, Texas

40 months ago

I do not believe you have to know someone, I have never known anyone at any of the jobs I have had and I even got a government job without knowing anyone. You just need to be persistent and interview well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.