Just obtained CPC-A

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Rebecca Orme in Elmira, New York

55 months ago

I passed my exam late December, and have been submitting applications in my area, but so far no luck. Is there anyone from my area that knows of a company looking for an ambitious hire?

Please email me if you know of any company!

Rorme85@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sunithasiva in Garland, Texas

54 months ago

Rebecca Orme in Elmira, New York said:
Hi
my brother in india is planning to give this exam.can you please help by providing sample questions and suggesting books for the exam.

sunitha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mgbean in Boise, Idaho

44 months ago

I am a recent graduate of Medical Coding and am looking for a position in that field. My problem is I do not have much experience and my Certification is CPC-A. Does anyone know of any companies that are willing to hire someone with little experience? I am also considering relocating from my current location if that is what it takes to find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Layton, Utah

44 months ago

congrats on passing the CPC it is a tough test. most employers are not hiring coders without experience, so your options are to find a job elsewhere in HIM, such as medical records, billing, data entry or even front desk. Gain some medical experience, become more familiar with ICD 9, CPT and reimbursement and then leverage for a coding job.

The other option is, AAPC now has the remove your A program where you code like 800 cases to give you real world coding experience, it is a new program and I am not sure if employers will hire you after it or not, but it is cheaper than relocating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

thehills616 in Stockton, California

24 months ago

go to www.indeed.com There are a lot of compnies willing to hire a CPC-A, but you may need to be willing to relocate. I live in California and no one hires a CPC-A here. My problem is I can't relocate do to family concerns. Anyway, good luck to you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.