Remote coding jobs....don't bother

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 249 of 249)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

oilybabie in Lillington, North Carolina

44 months ago

t.e.a.m medical billing services in Angier, North Carolina said: QUOTE who="dmyers in Bakersfield, California"]I am an adult nurse practitioner who is just starting my own corporation doing consulting in skilled nursing facilities. I am trying to find someone to do my coding & so far I have come up empty handed. Are there people out there that will do coding for smaller companies? Thanks for any help. I am looking for someone to get my credentialing done & start the billing process. I can't start my business until I find someone.[/QUOT

Check us out teammedicalbilling.com if your intrested we credential new start ups

Please contact me at gilespeppysport@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Momof5 in Helena, Montana

43 months ago

I've been a certified coder since 2008, but my certification is through Practice Management Institute. I have my CMC (Certified Medical Coder) and have been working as a coder in hospital based clinics here in Helena for 3 years (Urgent Care, Family Practice, Cardiology, Cancer Treatment, and Infectious Disease) but when I tried to apply for a position as a remote physician coder I was told that they would not accept my application because they had never heard of PMI and would only accept AAPC certified applicants. I was going to try to get my CPC but my family is in financial straights and there is no way that I can come up with the money for the exam (let alone study guide/practice tests).
I would love to work from home as 4 of my children are special needs, but it seems that there is no hope for anyone without a lot of money.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Austin, Texas

43 months ago

Momof5 in Helena, Montana said: I've been a certified coder since 2008, but my certification is through Practice Management Institute. I have my CMC (Certified Medical Coder) and have been working as a coder in hospital based clinics here in Helena for 3 years (Urgent Care, Family Practice, Cardiology, Cancer Treatment, and Infectious Disease) but when I tried to apply for a position as a remote physician coder I was told that they would not accept my application because they had never heard of PMI and would only accept AAPC certified applicants. I was going to try to get my CPC but my family is in financial straights and there is no way that I can come up with the money for the exam (let alone study guide/practice tests).
I would love to work from home as 4 of my children are special needs, but it seems that there is no hope for anyone without a lot of money.

May I ask how you heard of this credential? Did the school you went to suggest it? It is unfortunate you went through all of the trouble of studying and passing a certification test that employers don't recognize.

You could see if your current employer would help pay for the CPC.

Maybe you could see if a remote company might hire you on the condition that you get your CPC within 6-12 months of hire....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

valentine in Austin, Texas said: May I ask how you heard of this credential? Did the school you went to suggest it? It is unfortunate you went through all of the trouble of studying and passing a certification test that employers don't recognize.

You could see if your current employer would help pay for the CPC.

Maybe you could see if a remote company might hire you on the condition that you get your CPC within 6-12 months of hire....

My Mother is an instructor for PMI and holds all 3 certifications that they offer (CMC, CMIS, and CMOM) as well as her CPC through AAPC. She knew that the hospital here would accept PMI certification and that it would cost me less money initially as well as anually ($50 less per year and 6 less CEUs required annually than with AAPC) so it made a lot of sense at the time.

I was going to get the CMIS as well, because I started out doing billing (Medicaid and Self Pay mainly) but my employer won't help pay for any other certifications...not even the CPC.

Thanks for the suggestion of asking about a conditional hire - hadn't thought of that. I don't think that company that I tried to apply with would go for it, but maybe others would.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarinna in Concord, California

43 months ago

Momof5 in Helena, Montana said: I've been a certified coder since 2008, but my certification is through Practice Management Institute. I have my CMC (Certified Medical Coder) and have been working as a coder in hospital based clinics here in Helena for 3 years (Urgent Care, Family Practice, Cardiology, Cancer Treatment, and Infectious Disease) but when I tried to apply for a position as a remote physician coder I was told that they would not accept my application because they had never heard of PMI and would only accept AAPC certified applicants. I was going to try to get my CPC but my family is in financial straights and there is no way that I can come up with the money for the exam (let alone study guide/practice tests).

Just checking in to see if you have had any luck with help from your current employer. Send me your email. I'm in school taking coding classes for my CPC and CPC-H. I can send you whatever I have after I'm done with my classes. I plan on taking the CPC exam in March 2012. My email is sarinnab@live.com please contact me. Plus we plan on moving to MT in a few years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Just checking in to see if you have had any luck with help from your current employer. Send me your email. I'm in school taking coding classes for my CPC and CPC-H. I can send you whatever I have after I'm done with my classes. I plan on taking the CPC exam in March 2012. My email is sarinnab@live.com please contact me. Plus we plan on moving to MT in a few years.

No luck with current employer. My e-mail is not allowed here as it has a lot of numbers in it and this forum seems to think that it's a phone number. I also plan on taking the CPC exam in the spring. We will have to make sure to get enough money out of our tax refund to pay for it but my husband guarantees me that we will do it. We are actually thinking of moving away (to the west coast or back to Northern California where I'm from), but Montana is beautiful. If you come to Helena you can expect only 1 option for medical employment in town...there is a monopoly here.

sue in Portland, Oregon

43 months ago

cpc in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: i currently work for a remote coding company and i also have several friends that do as well- i have to say i disagree with you about all coding jobs moving overseas

I heard there are jobs where to can work for the military and you travel to different military grounds to code. Is that true? What exactly is 'remote coding"? Is it a great career if a person wants to move to another country/

Cassandra in Black Mountain, North Carolina

43 months ago

How many more coding jobs are going overseas to India? I just lost mine to India. Not only did all the coding positions where I worked at go, but so did the insurance verifiers and biller's jobs too. We were blindsided to say the least. The company was planning this for a couple of years and we were unknowingly training coders in India on top of it. There were signs, but we were assured our jobs were safe. Not true. I think it had a lot to do with the ICD-10 coming too. Since America has been behind on switching over and they have been using it for years overseas I think that was part of the reason for outsourcing not to mention the less pay for coders. It's no wonder our managers told us not to worry about learning the ICD-10 right now, they never planned on us being around to use it. Production doesn't stop and they don't lose downtime at all when ICD-10 gets here since they outsourced us. Are there any other coders out there that their coding jobs have gone overseas and do you think it has to do with the ICD-10 coming with the overseas coders already being proficient at it and us just learning it? Sadly, the greed of America companies going overseas for cheaper labor is going to be the downfall of our country. So again, are there other's out there that this has happened to? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

sue in Portland, Oregon said: I heard there are jobs where to can work for the military and you travel to different military grounds to code. Is that true? What exactly is 'remote coding"? Is it a great career if a person wants to move to another country/

One of my former co-workers is now working for the military and is based in Germany - they are no longer paying for relocation to overseas bases. My mother is also working at a military base here in the states through a contracted company. Remote positions are "work from home" and I have heard both good and bad about different companies...it's what I want to do but am having trouble finding a company that offers long term remote positions (or even short term) that will accept any certification other than AAPC or AHIMA. I'm going to get my CPC or CPC-P next year (ASAP) and then should have better luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Madisonville, Kentucky

41 months ago

smarting in Austin, Texas said: Don't bother looking for remote coding jobs. They are all being sent overseas. Don't believe me? Look in the back of the AAPC magazine, which lists the names of all the recently certified people. The majority are in India.
My company just announce they are laying off entire coding staff and outsourcing the entire operation. This is the third time it's happened. Best you can do in this industry is an office job. But pretty soon with EMR, those will be outsourced as well. A career change is the best advice I can give you.

I have been a coder for the past 12 years. I get calls almost weekly for job offers. I find it hard to believe that our jobs are being shipped overseas. With the ICD 10 coming out, there will be more coding jobs than people know what to do with. I have coding friends all over the US and have never heard of one of them being layed off or job sent overseas. Out of my 12 yeas experience, I have been remote for 9 of them. Go google remote coding jobs and there will be hundreds for which you can apply. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Madisonville, Kentucky

41 months ago

smarting in Austin, Texas said: Don't bother looking for remote coding jobs. They are all being sent overseas. Don't believe me? Look in the back of the AAPC magazine, which lists the names of all the recently certified people. The majority are in India.
My company just announce they are laying off entire coding staff and outsourcing the entire operation. This is the third time it's happened. Best you can do in this industry is an office job. But pretty soon with EMR, those will be outsourced as well. A career change is the best advice I can give you.

I have been a coder for the past 12 years. I get calls almost weekly for job offers. I find it hard to believe that our jobs are being shipped overseas. With the ICD 10 coming out, there will be more coding jobs than people know what to do with. I have coding friends all over the US and have never heard of one of them being layed off or job sent overseas. Out of my 12 yeas experience, I have been remote for 9 of them. Go google remote coding jobs and there will be hundreds for which you can apply. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

searchtelejobs in Des Plaines, Illinois

40 months ago

Search medical coding jobs at SearchTeleJobs.com

Elizabeth

40 months ago

cpc....please tell me who you work for, I'd like to send them my resume. I have to agree that billers and coders are in high demand in the US; however I really need a remote position

40 months ago

YAY!!! Passed my CPC exam so am now certified through both PMI and AAPC & with my experience, I started sending out resume's like wildfire for remote positions...have had 2 coding tests and 2 interviews from 4 different companies with remote positions in the last 3 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed! :-)

Linda Rivenbark in Burgaw, North Carolina

39 months ago

Hi Paula, I just received my RHIT, and I can not find a job even in a facility because I have no experience. I have called everywhere within a 45 mile radius. They all say I need at leat one year or more in experience. I am also an LPN. I am hoping that I have not wasted the past two years. I live by Wilmington, NC. I have called everywhere. Will you please tell me where I can look to find a job in coding?

valentine in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

Linda Rivenbark in Burgaw, North Carolina said: Hi Paula, I just received my RHIT, and I can not find a job even in a facility because I have no experience. I have called everywhere within a 45 mile radius. They all say I need at leat one year or more in experience. I am also an LPN. I am hoping that I have not wasted the past two years. I live by Wilmington, NC. I have called everywhere. Will you please tell me where I can look to find a job in coding?

You will probably have to start out in entry level HIM, something in medical records, account follow up, insurance verification, patient account rep, etc. Get your foot in the door, gain experience and move up to a coding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia Thompson in Louisville, Kentucky

39 months ago

You may also want to try case management, since you are an LPN and case management positions are usually filled by nurses. Tell AHIMA of you dilema, they should be able to give you some advice. Check out the Rehab , Nursing home facilities adn Doctor offices also.

Ann in Proctorville, Ohio

38 months ago

cpc in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: i currently work for a remote coding company and i also have several friends that do as well- i have to say i disagree with you about all coding jobs moving overseas

I am a RN and CPC-H. I am looking for coding from home job. Would you mind telling me what company you work for??

Minh in Oakland, California

38 months ago

If remote coding jobs are hard to find, what about jobs at the workplace? There must be coders right in the hospital or clinics, right? Is it difficult to have a job there?

Uma in Ris-orangis, France

38 months ago

Hi all.....Im CPC and CPC-H certified.Im living in France now...Already worked in india as a medical coder for 3 years based on ICD 9..Currently im searching for coding job in LONDON. Do you anyone knows what is the real scope of AAPC coder in UK.Can i able to find job there with my current qualification? If anyone knows kindly help me.... Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Just relax audits hurt in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

To update everyone, Many have learned the hard way that when you outsource such type of work to other countries there is no legal recourse when there are errors. CMS and Humana recently went after a few because of what they deemed gross negligence. The outsource company simply closed its doors and moved on leaving the medical institution on physician practice on the hook for the bill. So my advice to a physician or medical institution be careful who is doing your coding because you could end up in legal hot water and be stuck with a huge bill. Not to mention a huge target on your back for other auditors because they know were to look for the errors now. Trust me when I walk into a place that was audited prior I know where to start. I suspect some errors are caused by the coder not understanding the English language the way someone who has lived in the States all their life. I suspect many other errors because the coder is pushed to get the work out and just doesn't care about it being right. But, I have seen down right fraud committed by those companies and they don't care because they are getting a cut of the profit. Once they have their money they can disappear so now the medical institution is out even more money.

So relax everyone it didn't take long for the RAC audits to find it and someone in the States to pay for trying to take a shortcuts. Now we switch gears to prepayment audits so let the fun begin. NOT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GIVEN UP in Darien, Illinois

38 months ago

smarting in Austin in Austin, Texas said: Go for it. It's not negative. It's the plain, honest truth. I've been coding 9 years. The last 5 from home. I'm CPC and CPC-H certified. My job is now going to someone in India. The stimulus money that hospitals got to implement EMR ( electronic medical records)...makes it much easier for greedy contract companies to sell hospitals on outsourcing. And those outsourced jobs - remote coding, medical transcription, etc - will be out of the country. It's already happened to one co-worker 3 times. Check out the "American" Academy of Professional Coder's website...see where they have tests sites now? INDIA! They are cheaper, don't need benefits and can work around the clock. I wish you all the luck in the world. Yes, there will still be coding jobs in the U.S., but they will be in offices and hospitals. At least, for awhile. Me....I'm going back to school and doing something entirely different. I don't see a future in this anymore.

I agree. I have been coding for 16 years & have lost 2 coding positions to contracts given to companies overseas. They charge 50 cents a chart and there coding is horrific. I have audited there charts. Check into many forums and you will see people from India asking questions to things they should know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

krhogans in Jacksonville, Florida

37 months ago

I have been coding for 11 yrs now, certified (CPC) for 5, and I have had no luck finding a remote coding job. I work full time, but my salary is not sufficient and I need part time work to supplement. Does anyone know what the deal is with the 'no compete' practice? My interviews go well initially, then I'm told I work for a competitor so I'm not elligible for employment.

Wyspher Wilkes in Wichita, Kansas

37 months ago

durock in Tallahassee, Florida said: Thank you. I took the test and did well on the first try and passed. I am now so ready to give up as it appears that, even if you are an RN, you cannot get work..UGH... going back into home health nursing, just to pay the bills.. want to work.

I know that this is an old post but I may be able to help you, if you are still interested in coding :) I work with a company that does Home Health coding and we are always looking for Home Health nurses that have a good coding back ground. I would love to speak with you, please email me at wwilkes@acucaregroup.com.

rncoder65@live.com in Longdale, Oklahoma

36 months ago

oilybabie in Lillington, North Carolina said: please contact me if you have not found someone..

I am a Registered Nurse Coder and would love the opportunity to work for your company.It would have to be out of my home.
Please e-mail me with your information.
thanks

Marie in Connersville, Indiana

35 months ago

GIVEN UP in Darien, Illinois said: I agree. I have been coding for 16 years & have lost 2 coding positions to contracts given to companies overseas. They charge 50 cents a chart and there coding is horrific. I have audited there charts. Check into many forums and you will see people from India asking questions to things they should know.

I took a short-term assignment that called for training supposed doctors with CCS credentials in India a few years back when my main job had a dry spell.

Good grief, these people were utterly clueless as to standard coding conventions/guidelines, Coding Clinics, or American documentation. Two months of intense training, and they simply couldn't code AT ALL.

Any facility that offshores coding work to India is not concerned with quality or accuracy, period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smita in Bangalore, India

34 months ago

Hi,
I dont agree with the comments about language being a barrier when its about work being outsourced to India.
My dear freind, I am an MSc nurse currently a medical coder from India. while outsourcing coding work and quality is expected then why dont the credentials of the person be checked. To a lay person with no medical knowledge whatsoever if you give a medical chart will he or she be able to understand the medical terminology? Even if as you quoted above a person knowing greek and latin will he be able to understand medical chart.????

So my dear friend instead of blaming the Indians and saying the language barrier is an issue leading to poor quality of work, find the factual reason for error in a chart.

If you have never been to India, then please do come, Many of your notions about us will be changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Baney in Jupiter, Florida

34 months ago

I am the President of a Coding company, Woodham & Associates, and I can personally tell you our greatest challenge is finding experienced coders to fill remote coding positions.

We are seeing some facilities looking into outsourced coding (primarily to India), however the overall majority we work with have a great demand domestically, especially for experienced CCS credentialed coders. We do hire RHIT or RHIA or CCA and all depends on need, customer requirements and experience.

We currently have 4 Inpatient and 5 Outpatient / ED positions we are trying to fill. Most facilities that discuss going overseas are looking at having a backup or additional coders to prepare for ICD-10 as the concern about loss of productivity haunts them and their inability to hire good coders concerns them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

iceman_reman in Makati, Philippines

34 months ago

You can globally compete in this business if you also would like to open up a BPO company. India or Philippines but i say Philippines has the best resources over the former. Although quality wise Philippines is better, but India turns out to be cheaper. The bottomline still is the money spent per value and i think Philippines is a great investment. SO if you want to continue on remote encoding business, why not establish a backdoor office here..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

In ALbuquerque, NM in Austin, Texas

33 months ago

Hello,
I just finished the CPC-H course but I am not certified yet but would like to know if this course alone would land me a job as a medical coder. Or do I need to be certified first in order to land a job in this field?

I appreciate your response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Franchial in San Antonio, Texas

33 months ago

I am a new graduate and have not passed the certification test yet but have worked through the temp services to obtain employment in medical coding analyst and medical claims processing. What would be a good way to get a job in this field until you take the test and pass it? What would be a good company to work for to obtain a job? I am open for suggestions. I have attempt to take the test twice and failed the test by three points.

G Michaels in Youngstown, Ohio

33 months ago

Sorry to hear didn't pass the exam yet. Stick with it and you will. It sounds like you are on the right track to get your foot in the door through temp agencies.without your certification it will be difficult to get an actual coding job so being an analyst and claims processor is not a bad thing until you pass the exam. This might help you pass the exa,. medicalcodingpro.com/cpc-exam.html . God bless and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

starbuckscutie2003@yahoo.com in Woodbridge, Virginia

30 months ago

Coder in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I am a Medical Coding Analyst who telecommutes. Coding is a very rewardng career that many aren't even familiar with. There is the initial challenge of securing a position once out of school. However through persistance and networking one can start their career.

Being certified through AHIMA is also I believe beneficial. Most employers seek those who are certified with those specific credentials. I am hoping to relocate to the UAE and I am hoping that my expertise will be rightfully compensated.

hey, thanks for your comments...i am a RN and am looking into getting trained in coding, but have become discouraged by some of the comments here....do you think there is a future in coding for me? i have 20 plus years experience in acute care and eventually want to do remote coding......i do realize getting the first job is quite a challenge....any advice you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks

gramnegativerod in Granite Falls, Washington

27 months ago

I am currently a Medical Technologist (13 years) and I have a Biology degree. I was thinking of Medical Coding (remote) as a new career choice to be able to stay home for my young children. Are you all telling me this would not be the best choice as there are not many opportunities for jobs? Thanks for any and all information.

Desperately Seeking......... in Decatur, Georgia

27 months ago

As a "Newbie" in this field-I'm incredibly depressed reading the comments concerning future employment. I volunteer part-time at a Dr.'s office/outpt clinic, which I thank God for (it took me awhile to get this opportunity) I realize my tenure is very short-lived. I try to be of service without pissing the queens in the office off. It's difficult getting information from the staff, some are scarced I might get there jobs & others don't want to pass any knowledge on ,or simply wish I fly away.

My Ques: How does one stay positive about their future as a Med.Bill/Coder when the common consenus in the Dr.'s office is, a recent graduate doesn't no CRAP. Also, the supervisor worked her way up the ladder without formal education. Any suggestions, I'm actively looking for other volunteer gigs.-NO LUCK YET.

I've changed careers so many times, I'm beginning to wonder-what vocation is "recession-proof".
QUES:
AAPC-has documented that ALL coders must pass the ICD-10 exam in order to be recognized as coders. Doesn't that mean, its ACTUALLY an advantage to be starting this new endeavor NOW- when the majority of job seekers haven't passed the ICD-10 exam YET? (Coders from across the "Pond"-need not reply:-)

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Desperately Seeking Advise!

Cin in Snellville, Georgia

27 months ago

I interviewed with a wonderful lady named Barb Jamison and she is looking for Remote Coders ..actually ICD-10 Consultant or SR HIM Consultants to Travel (this is not a sit@ home) across states as you will travel and possibly do some very little Remote Work. The company is Xerox whose owner is ACS INC.
If interested send a direct email to Barb Jamison (barb.jamison@xerox.com). I hope to get hire and she asked if I know anyone. So I'm hoping some of you are willing to travel. Here's the online link to the position but send her an email first. Don't apply online yet.
Please share with others whom are seeking work. Thanks and Good Luck!

ICD-10 Consultant - Remote Based, Live Anywhere in US - 100% Travel

Barb Jamison, MBA, RHIA
Delivery Manager Revenue Cycle Consulting
Healthcare Provider Solutions

Xerox Consultant Company, Inc.

Email: barb.jamison@xerox.com

HIM_Melanie in Newport Beach, California

25 months ago

My company is alway hiring remote coders! Send me your resume! I have a need for 2 full time IP coders and 1 full time ED coder as well as 3 per diem all around coders! mmoore@hcsstat.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

teresa in Mentor, Ohio

25 months ago

Hi. I am an RN who does coding for a Home Health Care Co. We use ICD-9 CM for home helath care. I am not a certified home care coder but I've been doing home care coding for 5 years. Can I go and sit for CPC exam and use my ICD-9 CM for home care book. It does have all the inpt codes. Also, am I allowed to use my home care coding experience and not be considered an apprentice?

New CCA in Houston, Texas

25 months ago

Michael Baney in Jupiter, Florida said: I am the President of a Coding company, Woodham & Associates, and I can personally tell you our greatest challenge is finding experienced coders to fill remote coding positions.

We are seeing some facilities looking into outsourced coding (primarily to India), however the overall majority we work with have a great demand domestically, especially for experienced CCS credentialed coders. We do hire RHIT or RHIA or CCA and all depends on need, customer requirements and experience.

We currently have 4 Inpatient and 5 Outpatient / ED positions we are trying to fill. Most facilities that discuss going overseas are looking at having a backup or additional coders to prepare for ICD-10 as the concern about loss of productivity haunts them and their inability to hire good coders concerns them.

Hello! I was just wondering if your company has any openings. I have applied to over 200 jobs in the last 2 weeks, and I do not have anyone interested yet. I worked in the release of information department at a hospital and I went to school and got my technical degree.

Anushka7 in Faridabad, India

24 months ago

If you are looking for new coding jobs, then you should perhaps visit the roundone website, You have ample job opportunities, just go through this site job vacancies softwarejobs.roundone.in/software-jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

misty in Gillette, Wyoming

22 months ago

Candy, just graduated from ultimate medical academy for med billing and coding. Been looking for coding job, preferrably remote. You know of any companies looking to hire entry level positions? Appreciate your time.

Tequilla Harris in Decatur, Georgia

21 months ago

dmyers in Bakersfield, California said: I am an adult nurse practitioner who is just starting my own corporation doing consulting in skilled nursing facilities . I am trying to find someone to do my coding & so far I have come up empty handed. Are there people out there that will do coding for smaller companies? Thanks for any help. I am looking for someone to get my credentialing done & start the billing process. I can't start my business until I find someone.

I just finished up my medical and billing education and I am looking to start work. My name is Tequilla Simmons and you can reach at Tequilla.Harris@gmail.com.

Thanks

Tequilla Simmons

techlilinu in Roseville, California

15 months ago

Valerie in San Diego, California said: Do anybody know of a VA Hospital , preferrably on the East Coast. Who has leads and supervisors that teach and interact with their coders.. I work for the worst VA Hosp on the West Coast..I have a lead that doesn't teach her coders..She's quick to give errors but doesn't explain the "rationale"...In other words if you're not coding the way she codes then you always wrong....I thought coding is SUBJECTIVE....I really need to find another VA Hospital...

Hi Valerie:

The link listed below is for the VA Job site. This site lists jobs with the VA from all around the country.

www.va.gov/jobs/

Hope you find this helpful

techlilinu

karensingleton995@yahoo.com in Concord, North Carolina

15 months ago

Coding is not subjective.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diva Coder in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

AJ in San Antonio, Texas

14 months ago

I've been a medical coder (non-certified) for the past 20 years; now recently I got my CPC certification. I'm looking for a medical coder job in Texas...preferably a remote coding job. I have been applying to remote coding positions all over the US. Do you think I would need to move to the place where the remote coding position is offered, such as TN...or can I still do it from TX? My other question is...now that I'm certified...would seeking an annual salary of $45000 considered too much by prospective employers?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AJ in San Antonio, Texas

14 months ago

Paula in Madisonville, Kentucky said: I have been a coder for the past 12 years. I get calls almost weekly for job offers. I find it hard to believe that our jobs are being shipped overseas. With the ICD 10 coming out, there will be more coding jobs than people know what to do with. I have coding friends all over the US and have never heard of one of them being layed off or job sent overseas. Out of my 12 yeas experience, I have been remote for 9 of them. Go google remote coding jobs and there will be hundreds for which you can apply. Good luck!

Hi, as a remote coder, how much is the average yearly salary? I've been a coder for past 20 years at a clinic. And, I'm considering getting a remote coding position. Thank you.

oilybabie in Lillington, North Carolina

14 months ago

Seems to me while everyone is up in arms over the way billing and coding is headed that the bright side is beginning to peak from the shadows of the clouds that have been hovering over us all. While starting out in the coding field you must by all means be willing to start at the bottom. Coding is where providers depend on everything to be correct so that they can get reimbursement the first time the claims are submitted. If you are new to coding and billing you may not know that when a claim is rejected from the insurance companies they deduct a portion of what was allowed from the payout every time the claims are rejected. Not only this it can, if there are repeated wrong submissions; depending on the insurance companies, cause a provider to loose credentialing. Claims have to be correct when submitted and CPT and Procedure coding is one of the biggest fails that a claim sees. The providers don't want newbies that have never seen a claim to work with their money that they so desperately need to keep the practice running. Many providers only have two to three months of operating capital on hand and if a paper claim is submitted it can be this long before they see anything in AR. Keep learning as much as you can. Something will come along and ICD-10 may be your chance. I have heard that many of the older coders will be retiring due to not wanting to learn new code sets. Above all learn and pray that your chance will shine from behind those clouds.

Naghia Di in Los Angeles

7 months ago

oilybabie in Lillington, North Carolina said: Seems to me while everyone is up in arms over the way billing and coding is headed that the bright side is beginning to peak from the shadows of the clouds that have been hovering over us all. While starting out in the coding field you must by all means be willing to start at the bottom. Coding is where providers depend on everything to be correct so that they can get reimbursement the first time the claims are submitted. If you are new to coding and billing you may not know that when a claim is rejected from the insurance companies they deduct a portion of what was allowed from the payout every time the claims are rejected. Not only this it can, if there are repeated wrong submissions; depending on the insurance companies, cause a provider to loose credentialing. Claims have to be correct when submitted and CPT and Procedure coding is one of the biggest fails that a claim sees. The providers don't want newbies that have never seen a claim to work with their money that they so desperately need to keep the practice running. Many providers only have two to three months of operating capital on hand and if a paper claim is submitted it can be this long before they see anything in AR. Keep learning as much as you can. Something will come along and ICD-10 may be your chance. I have heard that many of the older coders will be retiring due to not wanting to learn new code sets. Above all learn and pray that your chance will shine from behind those clouds.

Hi, I was hoping you can tell me if a remote coder hired in the states would be able to access his/her company's database to do work while outside the United States.
Tnx

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.