ccs examination

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1001 to 1050 of 1200)
Page:  « First « Previous   18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next »   Last »

vacoder in Edinburg, Virginia

20 months ago

Tak531 in Columbia, South Carolina said: Sorry they are sold. I have no coding experience and have been hired as a coder for a local coding company.

Thanks for your reply and great for getting hired as a coder for a local coding company. How did you manage that, if you don't mind me asking? Faye in VA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

coder38901 in Grenada, Mississippi

20 months ago

Has anyone in the forum taken the CCS exam recently that took it during the beta exam? I took it during the beta exam and missed it by a few points. Is it any easier now than during the beta?

typingone in Edinburg, Virginia

20 months ago

Hi, I saw in this forum not to long ago where there is a FREE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY class on the net. Can someone guide me to it? I am studying for the CCS Exam and I need this in order to become certified. Thanks for your help in advance....Faye in VA

20 months ago

vacoder in Edinburg, Virginia said: Hi, if anyone has Coding Clinics to help me study for the CCS Exam, would you be so kind as to email them to me. Or if you know of a place on the net that I can go to in order to view them that is free, please let me know. Thanks so much in advance....Faye (shenmtwoman05@yahoo.com)

No replies???????

LBoogie84 in Washington, District of Columbia

20 months ago

typingone in Edinburg, Virginia said: No replies???????

Hi all - I really don't think there is a "free" source for coding clinics - these are by subscription only. However, if you work in an HIM department you might be able to get access to hard copies OR through 3M encoding software. Also if you're still an HIM student (like me! almost done) and you have access to AHIMA's virtual lab, you can access it through the 3M encoder there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

LBoogie84 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hi all - I really don't think there is a "free" source for coding clinics - these are by subscription only. However, if you work in an HIM department you might be able to get access to hard copies OR through 3M encoding software. Also if you're still an HIM student (like me! almost done) and you have access to AHIMA's virtual lab, you can access it through the 3M encoder there.

Thanks, have a good day!!

Angel Leynes in Lakewood, Washington

20 months ago

Hello All, I'm preparting to take the CCS exam and thinking of getting a Patricia Schering preparation book but I don't know which one is better to use, should I use the 2012 version or the new version which is 2013? thanks in advance for the reply everyone!

Laureen Jandroep in Pleasantville, New Jersey

20 months ago

Angel Leynes in Lakewood, Washington said: Hello All, I'm preparting to take the CCS exam and thinking of getting a Patricia Schering preparation book but I don't know which one is better to use, should I use the 2012 version or the new version which is 2013? thanks in advance for the reply everyone!

I'd always get the latest version if you going to be buying new anyway. Here are a list of CCS resources I give out regularly. The links didn't come through so if you want that you can see them on this thread here codingcertification.org/forum/threads/list-for-ccs-resources.271/

CCS Study Resources
ICD-9-CM Inpatient Coding Reference and Study Guide [Paperback]
CPT-4 Outpatient Coding Reference and Study Guide
Professional Review Guide for the CCS Examination, 2012 Edition (Book Only)
CCS Coding Exam Review 2012: The Certification Step, 1e

Happy Studying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Hello all - just passed the CCS today! It was a beast, but I made my way through! Finished with 20 minutes to use for review.

A few things that I think really helped me out:
1.) Not dwelling on the multiple choice questions - I just kept reminding myself that 18 of these are those "pre-test" questions anyway, so they don't even count towards the score!
2.) Multiple select questions were easy, and again 2 of those are "pre-test" as well.
3.) I felt like they threw you a few bones on the cases, that is, there were several secondary codes like 401.9, 250.00, V27.0, etc, that didn't require too much if any analysis. The codes you know by heart :).
4.) The medical dictionary saved my butt on 3 multiple choice questions. Whoo!

Also, I was surprised there were not really any CABG or cardiac cath type questions or cases.

I've just listed my Patricia Schnering 2012 CCS review book for sale on Amazon, btw!

Peace,
L

Mimi in Parkville, Maryland

20 months ago

LBoogie84 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hello all - just passed the CCS today! It was a beast, but I made my way through! Finished with 20 minutes to use for review.

1.) Not dwelling on the multiple choice questions - I just kept reminding myself that 18 of these are those "pre-test" questions anyway, so they don't even count towards the score!
2.) Multiple select questions were easy, and again 2 of those are "pre-test" as well.
3.) I felt like they threw you a few bones on the cases, that is, there were several secondary codes like 401.9, 250.00, V27.0, etc, that didn't require too much if any analysis. The codes you know by heart :).

Also, I was surprised there were not really any CABG or cardiac cath type questions or cases.

I've just listed my Patricia Schnering 2012 CCS review book for sale on Amazon, btw!

Peace,
L

Congrats! I am happy for you. What books did you study beside PS 2012?

20 months ago

LBoogie84
Congratulations on passing the exam..And thanks for the advice. Can I get your e-mail address. I would like to buy your CCS prep book. I found several on Amazon...just don't know which one is yours.

20 months ago

coder38901 in Grenada, Mississippi said: LBoogie84
Congratulations on passing the exam..And thanks for the advice. Can I get your e-mail address. I would like to buy your CCS prep book. I found several on Amazon...just don't know which one is yours.

Thanks yall! My Amazon seller name is LP36, and I try to sell used textbooks at the cheapest price so they are the first on the "used list" ;).

Other books I used for review were all textbooks I already have from the last year for my HIM program (in my last semester - RHIT is next!):

Faye Brown's 2012 ICD coding handbook (this is also embedded in the 3M encoder)
Merida John's Health Information Management Technology
Carol Buck's 2012 The Next Step - Advanced Medical Coding
Green & Rowell's Understanding Health Insurance
Casto & Layman's Principles of Health Care Reimbursement

The first 3 were definitely the most helpful.

-L

glgcoder in Roseville, California

20 months ago

Mimi in Parkville, Maryland said: Congrats! I am happy for you. What books did you study beside PS 2012?

Good to know about the CABG and cardiac.....they probably aren't including that because of all the MAJOR changes in that area and all the new codes they are using/changing, especially in the CPT codes.

Thanks for all your tips...I plan on taking it in early June.

TRuss in Madison, Mississippi

20 months ago

LBoogie84 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hello all - just passed the CCS today! It was a beast, but I made my way through! Finished with 20 minutes to use for review.

Peace,
L

Congrats on mastering the CCS! You should be proud!
I took the CCS back in April 2012 and missed it by TWO points, I'm taking again on March 9. Do you remember any of the cases? I just wonder if it's the same 12 I had back in April. One was a complicated pregnancy, one was a nasolabial fold reconstruction, a wound with stitches, lung cancer, breast biopsy...not sure of the rest...do those sound familiar?

20 months ago

TRuss in Madison, Mississippi said: Congrats on mastering the CCS! You should be proud!
I took the CCS back in April 2012 and missed it by TWO points, I'm taking again on March 9. Do you remember any of the cases? I just wonder if it's the same 12 I had back in April. One was a complicated pregnancy, one was a nasolabial fold reconstruction, a wound with stitches, lung cancer, breast biopsy...not sure of the rest...do those sound familiar?

Yes some of those do sound familiar! In addition to CABG/cardiac cath I was definitely expecting obstetrics, neoplasm/biopsy, wound repair, poisoning/adverse effect type cases, so I think that ended up helping me out. Of course not everything I was expecting was there, but I guess that's a coding exam for you - never know quite what you're gonna get!
Good luck on you're retake you're gonna kill it!

L

20 months ago

LBoogie84 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Yes some of those do sound familiar! In addition to CABG/cardiac cath I was definitely expecting obstetrics, neoplasm/biopsy, wound repair, poisoning/adverse effect type cases, so I think that ended up helping me out. Of course not everything I was expecting was there, but I guess that's a coding exam for you - never know quite what you're gonna get!
Good luck on you're retake you're gonna kill it!

L

I figured they would be the same. Others had told me they were the same in December.
Thanx for your vote of confidence! I really need to pass this time around! Two points just made me mad....

Inez Greer in lima, Ohio

20 months ago

TRuss in Madison, Mississippi said: Congrats on mastering the CCS! You should be proud!

Truss, you mentioned you have been coding in a hospital. Do you code inpatient cases and do you use an encoder?

20 months ago

Inez Greer in lima, Ohio said: Truss, you mentioned you have been coding in a hospital. Do you code inpatient cases and do you use an encoder?

When I worked in the hospital I used a 3m encoder but now I work at a Billing company and I use the books....I code inpatient, outpatient, clinic, etc....I do it all!

LMS12 in Columbia, Missouri

20 months ago

I just passed my RHIT exam and have no coding experience. I need advice on what coding exam to take next. Should I take the CCA for the basic knowledge??. I am not working in the field, but in the process of searching for employment.

Angel Leynes in Tacoma, Washington

20 months ago

LMS12 in Columbia, Missouri said: I just passed my RHIT exam and have no coding experience. I need advice on what coding exam to take next. Should I take the CCA for the basic knowledge??. I am not working in the field, but in the process of searching for employment.

Congratulation!, may i know what you used for preparation? thanks.

19 months ago

TRuss in Madison, Mississippi said: When I worked in the hospital I used a 3m encoder but now I work at a Billing company and I use the books....I code inpatient, outpatient, clinic, etc....I do it all!

Hi Truss,

You have to nail it this time with your those experiences. Can we tab our coding books for the exam?. I saw couple comments in other forum stating that we can not insert our own tabs.

19 months ago

T

Mimi in Parkville, Maryland said: Hi Truss,

You have to nail it this time with your those experiences. Can we tab our coding books for the exam?. I saw couple comments in other forum stating that we can not insert our own tabs.

The CCS test I took in April was so hard. I've been a CCA and working as a coder since 2003. I still don't know the answer to some of those questions or even where to find them. I better pass this time around. I have spent so much money on AHIMA boot camps, books, the 299.00 for the test TWICE, etc....it just didn't make sense that I failed by two points. Anyway, to answer your question, back in April they went through my book and said "no loose papers, stickies,etc..." but every testing center may be different. I was told to WRITE notes in my books and I did. I don't see where tabs would hurt.

19 months ago

Mimi in Parkville, Maryland said: Hi Truss,

Hi all - they actually made me take the sticky tabs out of my book that I had stuck on some time ago. There were only a couple stray ones anyway, and I never really found those useful. Writing in the books is ok of course! :)

L

Mimi in Baltimore, Maryland

19 months ago

Hi Truss,

Now you make me nervous; you invested to much on this. I did buy ICD 9 for hospital and payer, definitely since we need it for exam; i bought CCS preparation, Faye Brown; since you said PS 2012 is a very good one for pratice so I am thinking maybe I will get that one, and that's it, will have no more buget for this; oh, plus i have to buy exam soon. We have to pass! Oh, and the future doesn't promise with me that If i pass and have CCS I would earn more.LOL. You will pass, Truss, the one in April was hard; After Beta period, more pass the first time.
Stay tune!

19 months ago

I have been told you can tab your book with permanent stick on tabs...I have inserts for my spiral ICD-9 book that I bought from Ingenix. But I also have the Alpha Indexed with permanent plastic tabs that I wrote on with a sharpie. It passed...they just don't want anythng loose in your book.

19 months ago

coder38901 in Grenada, Mississippi said: I have been told you can tab your book with permanent stick on tabs...I have inserts for my spiral ICD-9 book that I bought from Ingenix. But I also have the Alpha Indexed with permanent plastic tabs that I wrote on with a sharpie. It passed...they just don't want anythng loose in your book.

Thanks, I did too, and I even called AHIMA and they said it was OK to tab your books but nothing loose or copy from other materials, but then I saw some other comments in the other forum stating differently made me confused.

mybellgirl in Palm Coast, Florida

19 months ago

Sylphie in Bolingbrook, Illinois said: Sure, Angel. Give me your email.

Hi! And a be-lated congrats to you!!!! I CANNOT wait to be done with studying for this beast of a test! LOL!! Would you mind sharing the coding clinics that you have with me as well? It would be GREATLY appreciated! and thanks for all the tips, my e/m is mybellgirl@yahoo.com

Can you tell me - are we required to add modifiers to the codes on the case questions? And also do we have to add E-codes (other than the ones to describe poisoning/therapeutic/adverse effects)
And for ICD-9 procedures other than needing to assign the correct primary procedure - do the the rest of the procedures need to be in any order - does it matter what procedure you code 2nd, 3rd etc.... I am worried about this because certain books that have practice questions order the procedures in order that they appear in question and others seem to have them arranged differently???
Thanks SOOOOOOO much for any and all help!!!
Linda

19 months ago

Woops - sorry didn't mean to post twice :-) was having a problem w/my browser....
Best of luck to all still studying!
And congratulations to all who have passed!!!!!

19 months ago

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have or know of a list of commonly used drugs to treat specific conditions that would help in taking the CCS exam? I am weak in that area and when reading the case questions I am having difficulty in trying to figure out what each listed drug is used for. This is concerning me for the test.

Thanks!

ladyvelvet in Charlotte, North Carolina

19 months ago

Sylphie in Bolingbrook, Illinois said: Sure, Angel. Give me your email.

Hi, can you all forward the coding clinics to me as well? My email is lez_ryan@yahoo.com

Thanks

19 months ago

Mimi in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hi Truss,

Now you make me nervous; you invested to much on this. I did buy ICD 9 for hospital and payer, definitely since we need it for exam; i bought CCS preparation, Faye Brown; since you said PS 2012 is a very good one for pratice so I am thinking maybe I will get that one, and that's it, will have no more buget for this; oh, plus i have to buy exam soon. We have to pass! Oh, and the future doesn't promise with me that If i pass and have CCS I would earn more.LOL. You will pass, Truss, the one in April was hard; After Beta period, more pass the first time.
Stay tune!

You're nervous????? HA HA What about ME? I have already taken this CCS, missed it by TWO points, paid for the test AGAIN, what now??? I'm SCARED to death! And I've been a coder for 13 years!!!! I think I have test anxiety! LOL

19 months ago

TRuss in Madison, Mississippi said: You're nervous????? HA HA What about ME? I have already taken this CCS, missed it by TWO points, paid for the test AGAIN, what now??? I'm SCARED to death! And I've been a coder for 13 years!!!! I think I have test anxiety! LOL

TRuss
You WILL PASS this exam...I am sure of it. You said your self that you only missed the last one by 2 points. Now you know what to expect and ready to tackle this. Remember to breathe. When do you sit for your exam? I also have information via e-mail for you if you would send me your e-mail address.
IF THERE is anyone reading this...I have a BRAND NEW ICD-9-CM Spiral Expert version FOR SALE. Make me a reasonable offer and its yours plus shipping.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE

19 months ago

LBoogie84 in Washington, District of Columbia said: Thanks yall! My Amazon seller name is LP36, and I try to sell used textbooks at the cheapest price so they are the first on the "used list" ;).

Other books I used for review were all textbooks I already have from the last year for my HIM program (in my last semester - RHIT is next!):

Faye Brown's 2012 ICD coding handbook (this is also embedded in the 3M encoder)
Merida John's Health Information Management Technology
Carol Buck's 2012 The Next Step - Advanced Medical Coding
Green & Rowell's Understanding Health Insurance
Casto & Layman's Principles of Health Care Reimbursement

The first 3 were definitely the most helpful.

-L

Hello

Do you have anymore of your books for sale?

19 months ago

If anyone that has taken the CCS exam and would like to sell any of their books, please let me know. My e-mail address is Karol_Haley@hotmail.com. I also have a Brand New ICD-9-C, 2012 Expert Coding Book if someone would like to trade or buy at a great price. The books I would really like is the Faye Brown Coding handbook, 2012 with answers and Carol Buck's 2012 Step by Step for CPT, also the CCS Prep Book 5th edition. When I get through this exam I will give mine away and hope someone pays it forward.

hanstj in Rowland Heights, California

19 months ago

TRuss in Jackson, Mississippi said: I studied for 6 months using the AHIMA CCS Prep guide (and have been coding for 9 years in a hospital with a CCA) and STILL failed the CCS back in April by TWO Points. I have a new study guide by Patricia Schering and it seems to have more of what I remember on the test. I am scheduled to re take the CCS In March. I would suggest doing as much coding as you can and get this study guide that I have.

Hi Truss,

Who is the author of the AHIMA CCS Prep guide you used? Is it Jennifer Hornung Garvin?

Lbarrane in Cumming, Georgia

19 months ago

Can someone email me any and all coding clinics if they don't mind sharing. My email is lbarrane@yahoo.com. I am gathering all my study materials now.
Thanks

JenM in Wilmington, Massachusetts

19 months ago

im taking the exam Friday. any tips from people who passed recently? examples of of what the case studies were like? I know there are 6 icd9/cpt and 6 icd9/wicd9 px codes(inpatient). Wondering if there is heart, newborn, pregnancy, hypertension/esrd, glaucoma, post op wound, injury surgery? Any examples would be helpful. TY Jen

CredCoder in California

19 months ago

I am a member of the 2/2 club (two points/2 attempts)and am happy to report that I passed the CCS exam the second time around. I feel that having been exposed to the test the first time helped me prepare for my second attempt and I did much better. My first score was 298 and my second was 344 - huge difference. My experience (2.5 yrs)is in pediatric OP dx coding (no procedure or IP coding)so there were some areas where I knew I would lose points, so I tried to make up for it in other areas, like really trying to nail the dx coding since I couldn't list most of the procedures and got stumped on DRG questions. I'm an RHIT as well, so my scores in domains such as security, compliance, etc were high which helped my score.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam whether it's your first, second or third attempt.

kelly swanson in Courtland, Kansas

18 months ago

Hi everyone. I've been following along and taking in everyone's advice. I took the CCS exam the first time in 3/12 and failed by 19 points. Took again just friday and unfortunately failed by 3 lousy points. Very upsetting. My timing improved greatly and had 30 minutes to review. The test was very hard and I thought I had improved. I did not invest in the professional review guide by Patricia Scherling which I will now I had. Spoke to my supervisor at my job and she invested in that book when she took her RHIT exam so when I got home I ordered that book asap. I will pass this DAMN test!!!!!!! Good luck to you and do not give up. Pass the test before ICD-10 comes in effect is a great goal.

18 months ago

CredCoder in California said: I am a member of the 2/2 club (two points/2 attempts)and am happy to report that I passed the CCS exam the second time around. I feel that having been exposed to the test the first time helped me prepare for my second attempt and I did much better. My first score was 298 and my second was 344 - huge difference. My experience (2.5 yrs)is in pediatric OP dx coding (no procedure or IP coding)so there were some areas where I knew I would lose points, so I tried to make up for it in other areas, like really trying to nail the dx coding since I couldn't list most of the procedures and got stumped on DRG questions. I'm an RHIT as well, so my scores in domains such as security, compliance, etc were high which helped my score.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam whether it's your first, second or third attempt.

I took the exam the first time in 3/12 and failed by 19 points. Waited until the beta mess was finished and just took the exam again on friday. Unfortunately failed by 3 points. Very unsetting! My timing was much improved and I had 30 minutes to review. It was a very hard exam, no wonder the pass rate is so low. I will take the exam again in 90 days and I WILL PASS. I had read this site religiously and taken in all the advice by did not purchase the Professional Review Guide by Patricia Schlerling. After friday and speaking with my supervisor at work who is a RHIT she had purchased this book when studying for her exam also. The first thing I did when getting home was order this book as I believe it will a great benefit the 3rd time around, only wish I would have done it earlier. I WILL PASS THIS DARN TEST!

CredCoder in California

18 months ago

kelly swanson in Courtland, Kansas said: I took the exam the first time in 3/12 and failed by 19 points. Waited until the beta mess was finished and just took the exam again on friday. Unfortunately failed by 3 points. Very unsetting! My timing was much improved and I had 30 minutes to review. It was a very hard exam, no wonder the pass rate is so low. I will take the exam again in 90 days and I WILL PASS. I had read this site religiously and taken in all the advice by did not purchase the Professional Review Guide by Patricia Schlerling. After friday and speaking with my supervisor at work who is a RHIT she had purchased this book when studying for her exam also. The first thing I did when getting home was order this book as I believe it will a great benefit the 3rd time around, only wish I would have done it earlier. I WILL PASS THIS DARN TEST!

You are close! You improved your score by 16 and your time. Do it again and your there. Review your scores in each domain and use them as a guide to see what you need to focus on. This is not an easy test and some of the questions are confusing. There were some that I truly didn't know what they were asking and there was one case where a report was completely missing. When I clicked on the tab,the page was blank. I experienced this the last time I tested, so I just used what I could.

Good luck!

olimil in Bloomington, Indiana

18 months ago

glgcoder in Roseville, California said: Good to know about the CABG and cardiac.....they probably aren't including that because of all the MAJOR changes in that area and all the new codes they are using/changing, especially in the CPT codes.

Thanks for all your tips...I plan on taking it in early June.

Hi I heard the test changes after June 1st and you have to have all the udated books for 2013 to take the test with. So I planned on taking by end of May. Do you know if this is true? Good luck on your test. I am an RHIT but have never coded. I hae been researching an studying online just gonna go for it and hope for the best.

glgcoder in Roseville, California

18 months ago

olimil in Bloomington, Indiana said: Hi I heard the test changes after June 1st and you have to have all the udated books for 2013 to take the test with. So I planned on taking by end of May. Do you know if this is true? Good luck on your test. I am an RHIT but have never coded. I hae been researching an studying online just gonna go for it and hope for the best.

Yes - it always changes June 1 of every year that you have to have the new books for that year. You can alway go directly to the AHIMA website on the exam area to get the latest info. www.ahima.org/certification/ccs.aspx

I plan on taking mine end of May also! Good Luck

18 months ago

Holly Crap!!!!! Excuse my French. I knew I had to wait 90 days to retake the exam again so June 1st is the first I can retake and I knew I had to use 2013 books but for some reason I was just hopefully that possibly the exam just might be the same. I literally threw up my hands people!!!! I am so darned frustrated. I only wish that the 20 unscored questions would count if you possibly got them right when you are so close to passing the exam; it would really make a difference. I agree that some of the questions on the exam were very confusing.

18 months ago

glgcoder in Roseville, California said: Yes - it always changes June 1 of every year that you have to have the new books for that year. You can alway go directly to the AHIMA website on the exam area to get the latest info. www.ahima.org/certification/ccs.aspx

I plan on taking mine end of May also! Good Luck

Holy Crap! I knew that I had to wait to retake the exam until 6/1 and had to use the 2013 code books but was hoping that possibly the exam may be the same since there were no alot of coding changes. Now I am panicking!!!!! I honestly feel that the 20 unscored questions should be counted if by chance they are correct when the score is so close to passing as this count really make a difference!!!!!! So frustrated and worried now. I improved so much but could have used all the help I could get with the test possibly being the same. On well, just my luck.

JenM in Wilmington, Massachusetts

18 months ago

I've found this CCS fourm very helpful. It is called CCS Study Group on facebook. It will not let me post the website on here. Try to join it!

I just found it 2 weeks ago. I too have taken the CCS exam on Friday and failed!! I work in the industry and took a prep exam and just finished a coding program at a community college and studied on my own and still failed.

I called AHIMA today. The CS rep advised me that I will most definitely not be able to take the exam May 31st, as I just took it March 1st. Beta exam is beginning 6/1. Last year if you took the exam June 1- October 26 2012, you had to wait until 10/27/12 to receive your results. Not sure I want to endure that type of suspense of not knowing if I passed. I am now going to have to get 2013 books and re-write all my notes in my guidelines (I know them very well by now). Also take NOTE: as of March 1, 2014, exams will be ICD-10. I am definitely going to have to pass this time around.

sakshi talwar in bhopal, India

18 months ago

Hi...I'm appearing for CCS on coming monday...Is the scoring for CCS exam immediate or depends on cut off??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RaraVA1 in Mechanicsville, Virginia

18 months ago

Good luck on Monday! CCS is on immediate scoring now, until the new exam in June.

18 months ago

Well my time is getting closer....saturday I will attempt this bad boy one more time! Failure is not in my vocabulary this time around! To miss by TWO points last year made me sad, mad, now POSITIVE that I can do this! Good luck to anyone else out there tackling this test in the near future!

18 months ago

kelly swanson in Courtland, Kansas said: Hi everyone. I've been following along and taking in everyone's advice. I took the CCS exam the first time in 3/12 and failed by 19 points. Took again just friday and unfortunately failed by 3 lousy points. Very upsetting. My timing improved greatly and had 30 minutes to review. The test was very hard and I thought I had improved. I did not invest in the professional review guide by Patricia Scherling which I will now I had. Spoke to my supervisor at my job and she invested in that book when she took her RHIT exam so when I got home I ordered that book asap. I will pass this DAMN test!!!!!!! Good luck to you and do not give up. Pass the test before ICD-10 comes in effect is a great goal.

That's exactly how I feel! I missed by two points in April, I am taking again THIS Saturday. I will pass this damn test! I will NOT fail again. However, when I finished taking it the last time I said to myself "If I could take this test over again, right now, I would fail again". IT was SO hard and Ive been a coder for over 10 years! This test is a beast!
Pray for ME!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.