certified medical coder.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

mguerrero in El Paso, Texas

64 months ago

Hello i just recently became a certified medical coder from aapc. Although i dont have any experience in this field this is something that i am capable of doing. I am a fast learner and also have my Bachelors degree in Business Mgmt. Im hoping someone out there will be willing to substitute experience with my degree. If anyone knows where they are hiring i would gladly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Michelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

valentine in Park City, Utah

64 months ago

mguerrero in El Paso, Texas said: Hello i just recently became a certified medical coder from aapc. Although i dont have any experience in this field this is something that i am capable of doing. I am a fast learner and also have my Bachelors degree in Business Mgmt. Im hoping someone out there will be willing to substitute experience with my degree. If anyone knows where they are hiring i would gladly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Michelle

The recommended advice is to look for non coding jobs, something entry level in HIM. Something to help you gain medical experience and become more familiar with ICD 9, CPT and reimbursement. I started out doing medical data entry, I learned A LOT in the job, so much so I was able to move up to a coding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.