Any advice how to break in with big coroporations.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jake in Minneapolis, Minnesota

38 months ago

It seems like every time I apply to a position online I get a generated response. Any advice other than knowing someone internally as to how I can better my chances of a call back or interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Scottsdale, Arizona

38 months ago

Jake,

I'm having the same problem. I have applied to over 50 Medical Device jobs on numerous sites, with numerous recruiter sites and as well as many "entry level" Medical Devise sales positions with nothing but generated responses. I have been doing this for 2 months now. My resume is good (numbers driven) and I have almost 10 years of successful sales history. I'm at my wits end right now. I cant even get a call or an email. Please if anyone has any advice for Jake or myself by all means please let us know.

Dana in Hackettstown, New Jersey

38 months ago

Hi Jake and Jeff,

It's very difficult to break into medical device right now as the job market isn't so great to begin with...and you have all of these pharma reps being laid off that are looking in the same arena as the both of you. It is almost a must to "know somebody" to get referred in. My advice to the both of you is to maybe look on linkedin.com for recruiters. Or...if you find a position you're interested in, go to linkedin and find a rep on there to send a message to and ask those people for some insight on the company/position. It looks and sounds good for you if you can name-drop in an interview...show that you've done your homework. Hell, the people that you find may even try and refer you into their companies as most companies pay lofty "finder fees"... I referred 2 people to my company this year...and I made more doing that than in a few of my bonuses!! Good luck to the both of you...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.