what kind of credentials are recognised

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

gerard in Essex, Ontario

82 months ago

i want to no if everest college diploma in medical labratory assistant is recognised by employers in ontario

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Barrie, Ontario

77 months ago

gerard in Essex, Ontario said: i want to no if everest college diploma in medical labratory assistant is recognised by employers in ontario

What answer did you get for your question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L-A- in Ajax, Ontario

66 months ago

Maria in Barrie, Ontario said: What answer did you get for your question?

Did you receive a reply as I too am wondering if Everest is a recognized/accredited school as well?

KS in Ajax, Ontario

63 months ago

I am a Lab tech, and let me tell you, the pay is not worth what you put out. Most labs are private so they can pay you anything from min. and up. Most, if not all jobs are part-time or casual. Do a search for Medical Lab Technician jobs in ontario, and see what you get!!! Not much in ontario!!!! I strongly reccomed taking another course if you actually want a job to contribute or support a family. As I have found out, the cost of this course is actually more than the 2 year diploma for RPN!!!! I seriously regret taking this course and this job field. The colleges tell you there will be a strong demand for this field, and hire rates after completion are high, but what they don't tell you is their statistics are not from ppl who get jobs in the lab , but also the ppl who had to resort to working in McD's after graduation!! They don't care they get your tuition money wether you get a job in a lab or not!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MD in Toronto, Ontario

61 months ago

KS in Ajax, Ontario said: I am a Lab tech, and let me tell you, the pay is not worth what you put out. Most labs are private so they can pay you anything from min. and up. Most, if not all jobs are part-time or casual. Do a search for Medical Lab Technician jobs in ontario, and see what you get!!! Not much in ontario!!!! I strongly reccomed taking another course if you actually want a job to contribute or support a family. As I have found out, the cost of this course is actually more than the 2 year diploma for RPN!!!! I seriously regret taking this course and this job field. The colleges tell you there will be a strong demand for this field, and hire rates after completion are high, but what they don't tell you is their statistics are not from ppl who get jobs in the lab , but also the ppl who had to resort to working in McD's after graduation!! They don't care they get your tuition money wether you get a job in a lab or not!!

Hi KS, I was thinking of getting into this field. Is the job market really oversaturated? Where did you go to school and if you don't mind me askin, what is the range of pay you have found for this career? Please reply as I am in the process of enrolling.

ks in Ajax, Ontario

58 months ago

MD in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi KS, I was thinking of getting into this field. Is the job market really oversaturated? Where did you go to school and if you don't mind me askin, what is the range of pay you have found for this career? Please reply as I am in the process of enrolling.

I went to Medix in Toronto, Just for your information, these proffessional training schools will tell you the credits you earn are worth college credits, I am trying to get into college now for RPN and I have to upgrade everything I took. Those credits are not even recognised as high school credits. The job market in Ontario is horrible for this field. Most Labs are now privatized so they can pay you anything above min wage, and most places only hire at a casual level. I have been working at my place of employment for just over 3 years now and I have 1 of the few full time positions, but I have to get up at 4 am!! There are ppl there who have been employed for 20 years still on casual or part-time basis. The only place you would make decent money is in a hospital, but still you are looking at part-time and a very hard time getting into one. A co-worker of mine just got hired at Peterborough hospital and she is only working 2 days a week outside of vacation coverage. I wish I had taken that 10 grand I paid and put it towards a real college education. It is cheaper and you get better pay out of it. If you are willing to move to places like Alberta or outside of Ontario, the job market is better.
Best of luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MD in Toronto, Ontario

58 months ago

Hi KS - thanks so much for the info! Happy holidays to you!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.