Army MLT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Rob B in Aurora, Missouri

60 months ago

I'm trying to finish my degree in order to sit for the MT exam. I have 60 hours that were awarded to me by GWU upon completion of the Army MLT program. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to uses these as transfer credits. Even if it's just as elective transfer credits, that would be okay. I just don't want to go through a 4 year MT program considering I'm already an MLT (ASCP)

I know there are several bridge programs that will accept military students. These programs are all out of state, and cost prohibitive.

The university in my city has an MT program but no MLT to MT bridge program. Using these mlt credits What would be the fastest route to a degree.

I can sit for MT test with any degree and 3 years experience so I'm really just looking for the fastest degree route possible.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

netra in Bangalore, India

57 months ago

my self netra jadhav

i hav done MLT +degree ...hav three years of exp..would i able to work in korea
pls do fever
thank you
netra jadhav

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Garland, Texas

56 months ago

Rob,

I thought about doing the GWU program but it costs way too much. I actually, went to the campus and talked to a faculty member and she told me that the credits are challenged, meaning I would've had to test out of them. Earning the credit from the army program do not necessarily give you advance credit which is very misleading.
Other, not so costly, schools will give you advance credit for your MLT credits without a challenge exam. If you're up for the move, UAB is awesome. I almost went there but I didn't want to leave Texas. I finished my degree through Thomas Edison State College. Once they credit banked all of my army credits, I only needed some general education courses and I was done.
Hope this helps. I glad I didn't pay a lot of money for my MT degree since I am considering nursing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

armylabtech in Silver Spring, Maryland

53 months ago

I know this post is a little old but I have some info for you if you are still looking for a program. Check out Thomas Edison State College. I just completed my B.S. degree with them and they accept ALL of our Army training and GW credits. Almost all of the degree can completed online. The program is actually aimed at Army lab techs. Here are 2 links for better info www.soc.aascu.org/socad/68K.html & www.tesc.edu/3190.php
Good luck!

CB in Allen, Texas

52 months ago

armylabtech I currently have a B.S. in Human Performance and and just recently joined the ARNG with goals to become an active duty lab officer once I earn the second B.S. and become a MT. After training, I will already have the courses to get my associates with no further classes. I was curious as to how long it took you to obtain your B.S. from Thomas Edison State College.

TDELEON in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

Rob B in Aurora, Missouri said: I'm trying to finish my degree in order to sit for the MT exam. I have 60 hours that were awarded to me by GWU upon completion of the Army MLT program. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to uses these as transfer credits. Even if it's just as elective transfer credits, that would be okay. I just don't want to go through a 4 year MT program considering I'm already an MLT (ASCP)

I know there are several bridge programs that will accept military students. These programs are all out of state, and cost prohibitive.

The university in my city has an MT program but no MLT to MT bridge program. Using these mlt credits What would be the fastest route to a degree.

I can sit for MT test with any degree and 3 years experience so I'm really just looking for the fastest degree route possible.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

I have some prior service co-workers that used Excelsior College to complete there BS degree and sat for the ASCP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.