Can't find a job as a med tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Donald in Madison Heights, Michigan

37 months ago

Just graduated and most places want several years experience.

I've applied to several places, even out of state and none have responded.

What am I doing wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Charlotte, North Carolina

37 months ago

Hun, you should try volunteering if you did not do an externship. Call around to different hospitals and non profit clinics. Try to get in touch with there volunteering department and see if they need any help. Non profit clinics will hardly ever turn you down. This worked for me. Goodluck! Be prepared because you might have to do it for some time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donald in Madison Heights, Michigan

37 months ago

Amy in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hun, you should try volunteering Be prepared because you might have to do it for some time.

So no one is getting a job from college? As much as I'd love to work for free, I have student loans and bills to pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Charlotte, North Carolina

37 months ago

Donald in Madison Heights, Michigan said: So no one is getting a job from college? As much as I'd love to work for free, I have student loans and bills to pay.

No I'm not suggesting that you don't work. Not recommended. I'm finding more that most employers are more eager to take a person with several years experience over the new graduate. After I graduated I took a job as a Teacher's Assistant working in a public school with a pay of only 10 bucks. Pretty sad right? It was either that or Wendy's. While I worked as an assistant I volunteered at a local non profit clinic and they were more than happy to have the extra help. I did that for about year until I was offered a job by one of the Drs there at the clinic who was starting his own practice. I'm making more than 10 bucks now. Hang in there you'll find something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shelley in Detroit, Michigan

37 months ago

Congratulations! The doctor starting his practice must have thought you qualified for the job. Glad you are now making more than 10 (which really was not bad, I make 8, now that's :( sad).
Hanging in there is tough when you're a recent MA grad and all employers say you do not have enough experience - currently doing home care - but it does not seem it counts to most employers. But it's good to hear a success story! More success to you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.