MLT program NOT NAACLS Accredited

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Amy in Sacramento, California

42 months ago

My community college just started an MLT program but its not NAACLS accreditied. However, I will be able to get a Californic license. Do you think its worth it to do a MLT program that is not NAACLS accreited? My friend is about to start her last semester in the program and the community college still says its waiting for accreditation from NAACLS and blame it on the fact that they take forever to do things. What do you think? Should I bother looking into this program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stffdread@yahoo.com in Poughkeepsie, New York

42 months ago

It's a wonderful program with many options . Do it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jtC32 in Sacramento, California

30 months ago

Amy in Sacramento, California said: My community college just started an MLT program but its not NAACLS accreditied. However, I will be able to get a Californic license. Do you think its worth it to do a MLT program that is not NAACLS accreited? My friend is about to start her last semester in the program and the community college still says its waiting for accreditation from NAACLS and blame it on the fact that they take forever to do things. What do you think? Should I bother looking into this program?

Is this the MLT program at FLC? I'm very interested in that program. I think as long as you're licensed to work in CA, that's what is mostly important. The program is still new so it seems they are working on getting accredited w/ NAACLS. Could you help point me into the right direction to get more information? I'm looking at their website but do not see MLT program listed anywhere. TIA.

nldjimmer9430 in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

Please tell me where ANY jobs are for MLTs in the state of CA, I graduated also from a school with new program (NON NAACLS accredited),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I DO NOT SEE ANY JOBS IN THIS STATE, ONLY FOR CLS.

I am willing to relocate, BUT CA licensed people are not licensed to work in Blood Bank,,,which would be required for other states most of the times ....

Seems like a set up for failure, I had previous experience as an unlicensed technician in another state...it is like starting all over for me and cannot find job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.