Regd Jobs in MLT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

NANDY in Columbus, Ohio

39 months ago

Hi,

I'm came to US recently and looking for a job in Healtcare domain, I have completed MS in Microbiology. What is the minimum requiremnets for getting a job in MLT. Do i need to complete any training or courses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stffdread@yahoo.com in Poughkeepsie, New York

35 months ago

Yes, a associate degree an better is needed for MLT program is need as far as I know. It seems your ahead of the class with your current studies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

maria in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

NANDY in Columbus, Ohio said: Hi,

I'm came to US recently and looking for a job in Healtcare domain, I have completed MS in Microbiology. What is the minimum requiremnets for getting a job in MLT. Do i need to complete any training or courses.

You seems to already have the minimum requirements-a science degree. You probably can get into an internship at a hospital or take advanced certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Labtechy in Parkville, Maryland

28 months ago

I currently work as an MT in my hospital, and we do not accept substitute degrees. You must be certified by ASCP to work as an MLT or MT here, and to take the test, you must have either previous lab experience and schooling OR a degree specific to clinical laboratory science. Here is the link for certification: www.ascp.org/Board-of-Certification/GetCertified#tabs-1
Most Maryland hospitals either want a degree specific to the clinical laboratory or experience in the lab, but I'm not sure about other states. Because your degree is in Micro, there is a good chance that you can get a job in the clinical micro lab area because it is often separate from the rest of the core lab. I know if you go post bach for MT, you can land a great job in research with your MS micro background if you have a good research facility nearby (maryland has the NIH, which holds a yearly convention for community college students such as MLTs, and some of the Post Bachs apply for paid internships to do research and get their foot in the door there).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.