Top medical laboratory technician skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every medical laboratory technician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your medical laboratory technician expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Stillwater, Oklahoma

75 months ago

I, too, am curious to see the responses to this question. Please e-mail any tips, interviewing strategies, skill focus, ideas, etc. you may have concerning landing a good job aa an MLT.
One of the three "biggies", I would have to say, of course, would be basic lab skills in instrumentation and maintenance, an ability to work with others and pitch in to a team spirit attitude. Patient empathy, ethics, attention to detail, and Cleanliness= good laboratory practices. I've worked in several labs, and was surprised at how many of the techs did not wear gloves and did not wash their hands.....nor clean their areaS to maintain a sterile field.
My, that's more than three....
Your thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bardem in Surrey, British Columbia

60 months ago

I had blood taken from the lab at the hospital today the lab tech did not wash her hands after the last person she took blood from and did not wear gloves while taking blood from me

Disappointed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mohammad Abid in New Delhi, India

59 months ago

I want a good job of medical laboratory technician in United Kingdom. Anyone tell me the right path.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.