How to get a lab.tech. job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

fuhcheo in Washington, District of Columbia

55 months ago

I study in Cameroon and hold an Associate in MLS. I have been struggling to work in the USA but employers are not hiring me so what can i do to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Medtech

54 months ago

fuhcheo in Washington, District of Columbia said: I study in Cameroon and hold an Associate in MLS. I have been struggling to work in the USA but employers are not hiring me so what can i do to get a job.

I run in to the same problem. I have a Bachelor's Degree from Norway and 6 years of experience. I am currently working taking my AMT Technician exam, which was the only one I could qualify for (only go 90 semester credits for my Bachelor's when it was evaluatet). I have been trying to apply for Lab Ass positions, just to get my foot in the door here in Tampa Bay Area in Florida. No luck yet......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elin in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

DRose in San Luis Obispo, California said: Then you have to pass the test and take the interview. Interview questions can be seen below.

fe4787ykucz82teatekl9bfi0s.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=PPDLZZ9T

Yes, I know. I have been in interviews before. If I could only get an interview. I found out it is about 200-400 applicants for the positions. How would pick a foreigner? I am working on to working the community here, volunteering and talking to people and maybe I will run in to someone that can get me a foot in the door at one of the hospitals.
I did pass the NCA in 2000 for MLT, but then I had to leave back to my home country. I never got to work in a lab for the 2 years (requirement for international test takers).
Thank for the link, DRose

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.