What are typical medical office manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Mary Donoghue in Edison, New Jersey

88 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

What Skills should I consider "my job descriptions/duties. After 1 1/2 years w/the same doctors, I am yet, still being critisized for my short comings. I believe I am doing the best that I can be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary Donoghue in Edison, New Jersey

88 months ago

I am locally employed w/19 years experience total, in the medical profession. I am an excellent collections, billing person. My staff of four have respected me, one bad apple is still testing my endorance, if you will. She has been w/the doctors for four years, as a medical assistant. She is actually a R.N. with limited skills. However, since she has "positioned" herself to be extremely convincing, any negitive comments or corrections on my behalf seems to back-fire and I am usually to blame. I do not plan to let her behavior to force me out of my job. However, I am not sure of my recourse, if any, since we are a very small group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Els in Lawrenceville, Georgia

84 months ago

I feel for you, Mary. I have over 40 employees, and it gets hard sometimes. You need to have back up from your physicians in order to succeed. Little advise; stop the negative comments about her, they already know how she is if she's been there 4 years. It sounds like your "stuck" with her until the docs back you up. In the meantime, you know the old saying, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" It works!
As far as the question of the forum. If you are a "hands-on" manager, the sky's the limit. Make your self indispensable, and you will make top dollar. Anticipate the needs of the docs and be there for your employees. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.