Getting a medical receptionist job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 52)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

How did you get your start doing medical receptionist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Boise, Idaho

101 months ago

How hard is it to find a medical receptionist job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Latasha Simms in Washington, District of Columbia

100 months ago

michelle said: How hard is it to find a medical receptionist job.
Its very hard because if you had any training in the medical world most employers want hire you or want to even train you because they feel you should be educated or have some experience. Like myself, I have no training or experince but Im willing to be trained. If they take time to teach. No one likes to teach anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Minneapolis, Minnesota

99 months ago

I got in through a family member. They used to work for the clinic - were still very close with the manager and mentioned me. That's really how I got in, I believe. I could have applied and they probably would have skipped over my app otherwise. But now that I have that 1+ year of experience plus my other experience...I have alot better chance in getting in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer in San Diego, California

98 months ago

what is a medical receptionst all about? i was some people think its not a real carree cause it dont have anything to do with being a real medical person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer in San Diego, California

98 months ago

what is a medical receptionst all about? i was some people think its not a real carree cause it dont have anything to do with being a real medical person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Jacksonville, Florida

94 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing medical receptionist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Network! Network! Network!You have to know someone already in the field. My friend's sister-in-law helped me by putting in a "good word" for me for an Administrative Assistant in Atlanta. When I moved to Jacksonville, the same thing. My mom, sister, and sister-in-laws are all RN's. You have to know someone and then you have to have some experience. Even though it's medical, it's still business. Time is Money! Offices, no matter how big or small, don't want to take the time to train you because they don't want to loose business because "I'm sorry Sir, she's new". You must have computer skills, multi phone line skills, and you MUST have the ability to multitask. Scheduling experience, medical terminology, billing experience are a plus and really get you in the door! You can get this training at a local community college...which looks even better on your resume. Once you get the full year experience,doors will open up wider for you. Last but definatly not least...People skills. You MUST, MUST, MUST be able to deal with people. From here, I am going to school for Radiology Tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Edona in Burlington, Ontario

94 months ago

It's really hard to get a job as a Medical Receptionist if you don't have at least two to three years experience. Even though you have a diploma, but not experience I finded hard to get a job. How can you gain experience if there is not too many opporunities for all medical receptionist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Erica Gregory in Southfield, Michigan

93 months ago

Deborah in Jacksonville, Florida said: Network! Network! Network!You have to know someone already in the field. My friend's sister-in-law helped me by putting in a "good word" for me for an Administrative Assistant in Atlanta. When I moved to Jacksonville, the same thing. My mom, sister, and sister-in-laws are all RN's. You have to know someone and then you have to have some experience. Even though it's medical, it's still business. Time is Money! Offices, no matter how big or small, don't want to take the time to train you because they don't want to loose business because "I'm sorry Sir, she's new". You must have computer skills, multi phone line skills, and you MUST have the ability to multitask. Scheduling experience, medical terminology, billing experience are a plus and really get you in the door! You can get this training at a local community college...which looks even better on your resume. Once you get the full year experience,doors will open up wider for you. Last but definatly not least...People skills. You MUST, MUST, MUST be able to deal with people. From here, I am going to school for Radiology Tech.

Hi, i am interested in a career as a medical receptionist amd I do have experience. I do not have the medical terminology but I am familiar with different insurances,prescriptions,referrals, and medical clearances for patients. I have been scheduling appts for the past 5 years. I also am going to school for a masters in Business with concentration in Healthcare management. I need help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nazima Shaikh in Leicester, United Kingdom

93 months ago

Hi, I am interested in receptionist job, and I have got OCR certificate for file managment, text processing and even memorandum. I love to work in a office where there are answering call, and booking appoinments etc. But I hav'nt got the experience, I love to learn and earn at the same time. I learn thing quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nazima Shaikh in Leicester, United Kingdom

93 months ago

I love to learn and earn at the same time, and I am a hard worker.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Laura M Paoli in Torrance, California

91 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing medical receptionist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

i started doing medical,bilingual receptionist about 10 years ago, now Im a little old and have a family. Its hard to go back doing this that I really like a lot, and Im bilingual Spanish.. how do I re-enter the work force?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Neville in New York, New York

88 months ago

I have openings for medical receptionists in Brooklyn, NY. www.guptagastro.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sandinmytoes in Ontario, California

84 months ago

Not sure what you people are talking about but it isn't hard at all. If you can answer multiple phone lines in a friendly/ caring manner and take excellent phone messages you will land a job. The phone msgs are a big deal. You MUST spell names and medications correctly. If you don't know ASK!!! Ask the pharmacist, doctor etc. Once you get your foot in the door it's much easier to be promoted to Medical Admin positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tonya Coles in Raleigh, North Carolina

78 months ago

actually i took a 6 month course for medical admin assistant but most of my training came from on the job. I bugged a doctor who used to come to the restaurant that i was working at and asked him to hire me. eventually he did although i had the training i did not have the experience. a lot of employers are willling to train the right person and cold calling works and make sure you have a resume highlighting all of your strengths and i would at least take a medical terminology course it is simple just remember that each suffix and prefix means something. GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tonya Coles in Raleigh, North Carolina

78 months ago

Latasha Simms in Washington, District of Columbia said: Its very hard because if you had any training in the medical world most employers want hire you or want to even train you because they feel you should be educated or have some experience. Like myself, I have no training or experince but Im willing to be trained. If they take time to teach. No one likes to teach anymore.

YOU ARE RIGHT PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO TRAIN ANYMORE BUT ONE THING THAT I HAVE LEARNED I NEVER GIVE UP 1000 PEOPLE CAN TELL ME NO BUT WHO KNOWS #1001 JUST MIGHT BE THE ONE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deena Anderson in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

78 months ago

hello my name is Deena and im very innterested in working as a receptionist i would love working as a medical receptionist or Assistant in a office or Hospital. i have training in answering incoimg and outgoing phone calls for customer Request for any information and routing calls i worked at the Reanissance Hotel as a Front Desk Clerk i love helping people and making sure i can do whatever i can do to meet there needs. i always wanted to work as a receptionist in a medical office. my husband is in the Army and is currently in Afghanistan right now and when he comes back im going to school as a LPN. but i want to learn more about being a Receptionist because thats also something that i want to make a career out of. im train in computer skills. billing accounts. i worked in a hotel doing account i am also good at multitasking skills. pms system. marsha, i hope i can find a job out there for me. i think i will be the best at what i am train to do im willing to learn anything u throw at me and what i dont already know. i know most people dont like to train. but i am a very fast learner. i get the job done. i love working as a team. and trying to build a business for any company i work for. i would be the most successful candidate and demonstrate a passion for a job well done and the ability to go beyond the scope of the job description and evolve to meet the new needs of a growing team. i am also willing to work overtime flexible reception shift as neccessary including DEADINES thank u so much for ur time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

domo in Oakland, California

77 months ago

I now have a new job as a cashier. I think I may have a greater chance in getting a job as a receptionist. What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

business student in Kansas City, Missouri

76 months ago

looking to change careers from a Admistrative Assitant..to a Medical Receptionist or Medical Assistant. Would like to work in both front office and work with the patients. It is very hard to find work in this economy unless you have the experience and the degree to back you up.

Any Medical Receptionist jobs in Kansas City,MO ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

red maness in due west, South Carolina

73 months ago

DEE from Linden, NJ in Newark, New Jersey said: You should go back to school to learn how to SPELL, or use your spellcheck on your computer before you send anything out.
I would certainly NOT HIRE someone who could not SPELL!

your what's wrong with this country too much negative not enough positive, please if you can't say something nice than keep your thoughts to yourself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

casadeloslee@aol.com

73 months ago

Greetings.

My name is FAVIOLA LEE.

I possess 7-9 years in the medical field. and 15 years expernience in banking/personal banker.

I am a graduate of UNITED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE IN the LICESEND PHARMACY TECHNICIAN. I GRADUATED WITH A 3.80gpa,.

I also possess my MEDICAL RECPETIONINST LICENSED/DIPLOMA, BEFOR THAT I WORKED FOR SCRIPPS HEALTH IN THE CUSTOMER SRRVICE AND COLLECTIONS PROGRAM/DIMLOMA, I ALSO WORKED FOR AMERICAN MEDICATL RESPONSE AMBULANE COMPANY. ALL OF THIS OPPORTUNIETIES HAVE BEEN IN SUNNY CALIFORNIA.

I POSSESS SOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE AND NO ONE IS GIVING ME AN OPPROTUNITY TO SHOW THEM WHAT I CAN DOE, I AM BILINGUAL, ENGLISH/SPANISH POSSESS TO MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOME, AND THEY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PATIENT TO ME AS I REGISTER THEM IN OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THAT THEY MAY HAVE, I CONFORD THE PATIENTS COME OUT OF THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE AND NEED SOMEONE TO BE THERE FOR THEM, TO HELP THEM THROUGH GRIEF. I ALSO LEARNED VERY MUCH WITH THIS PATIENTS AND THAT IS TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND SPEND LOTS OF TIME WITH THEIR LOVED ONES, I PRAY WITH PATIENTS AND FOR SOME REASON, THE FEEL BETTER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mankenziea in Cordele, Georgia

64 months ago

I was hired as a floater for physicians practices by the hospital. A lot of the regular office people I fill in for started out floating to get the training they needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Douglasville, Georgia

64 months ago

mankenziea in Cordele, Georgia said: I was hired as a floater for physicians practices by the hospital. A lot of the regular office people I fill in for started out floating to get the training they needed.

Hi Mankenziea, My questiion to you, how many hours do you get a week as a floater? Dee

FLunemployed in Orlando, Florida

64 months ago

DEE from Linden, NJ in Newark, New Jersey said: You should go back to school to learn how to SPELL, or use your spellcheck on your computer before you send anything out.
I would certainly NOT HIRE someone who could not SPELL!

Spelling doesn't matter - she's bilingual! Didn't you get that? Come to FL where your dual languages will land you just about any position you desire, even with poor spelling and little experience. Last week the MA at my doctor's office asked me how to spell "ectopic," but what does it matter - she's bilingual!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jexika07 in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

I am getting very frustrated because I have applied to so many Medical Receptionist jobs. Either they are too far or just not willing to train me. I am wiling to get trained, I am attending college and I am very serious about my education. Why cant they see that anyone that has medical office experience had to start of somewhere. I have a friend that works as a Medical Receptionist and she had no experience to begin with, the doctor trained her for it. Now shes been working there for 3 years, and now shes getting paid 12 an hour. I really need to gain experience in the medical field, because when I graduate I need my Resume to stand out when I apply for the "bigger jobs". What can I do? Please, if any hiring managers or doctors read this. Please give me a chance. I would love to work in Downtown houston St Josephs Hospital or at the Medical Center on Fannin Street, by Galleria, or Greenway Plaza.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

td in Charlotte, North Carolina

64 months ago

dont give up i didn't have any experience either. I went to school but had no work experience. I was working across the street from a Podiatrist who used to come in the restaurant all the time. i bugged him for a whole year about a job. One day he fired his receptionist and asked to did i still want the job and i said yes. He interviewd me and had me at the time type a claim form. I hadn't typed since high school and did a terrible job but, he saw that i was determined and hired me anyway and trained me and explained everything to as for as EOB's and how insurance works,as well he taught me how to take xrays etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jexika07 in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

Thanks td from NC, I wish I had your luck to score a job like that. I guess I have to be persistent like you. I have been very persistent, because whenever they would repost the job on the site, I would apply again and again. I just applied to 2 jobs that said they were willing to train, and have very flexible hours, I hope they respond soon. One question though, are you still working at that doctor's office? Now that I think about it, I have a friend that can probably hook me up with a job like that, his mom is a nurse and she knows alot of doctors. All those things the doctor taught you, I want to learn them for free, but I guess I will have to take out money from my financial aid to cover the costs. Im hoping these people respond soon, I need a flexible schedule because I will be taking my credit classes online and the medical courses on campus. If I do get the job, and if I do well, then I would have to ask them later on to be more flexible with my schedule because I dont like leaving my baby boy for too long with his babysitter.

Pamcolorado in Denver, Colorado

61 months ago

I just applied at a medical office and they hired me. I went to community college and took my prerequisites for nursing and now finishing up about 8 more classes then I will have my Associate in applied science in medical assistant. I will also be taking a couple conversational spanish classes so that I am more employable, it's not fair but have to flow with the times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mcnabb in Albuquerque, New Mexico

61 months ago

I have been doing applications over and over for a medical office receptionist. I am still having no luck at interviews at all. I do not have actual work exp, but I did go to school for medical office assistant which is basically the same thing. I lived in Louisiana and just moved here. Even in Louisiana noone would hire me due to the fact that I had no exp. I have even been turned down for filing jobs because I was "over qualified". I was just trying to get my foot in the door. If anyone knows of somewhere in Albuquerque that is hiring and may give me a chance please contact me.

jessi07 in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

I hear you, I have been on the same job hunt for the past 9 mmonths, but no one wants to give me a chance, its really depressing because I have a friend that applied for Medical Office Receptionist/ Patient Coordinator at St Jospehs Hospital with NO experience NOR any education, and she got it!1! The doctor trained her in ALL aspects required of a medical office.

jessi07 in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

Not really true, I have a friend that applied for Medical Office Receptionist/ Patient Coordinator with NO exp, and NO education whatsoever and she got hired becasue the doctor was willing to train. This make me so mad because I am attending college and I am looking for someone to help me gain experience, but no one ever takes the time to teach anymore. :(
In a study of 80% of employers, they would much prefer to hire someone who is pursuing an education than those that arent. I am doing that, but yet I see no results.

61 months ago

I think at this point it's just how you come across to the person interviewing you. Unfortunately if we don't click with the interviewer then we're out of luck. So, just always be positive and don't forget to ask questions when your on your interview and watch out for things you shouldn't do. I googled what the best and worst things you can do at an interview and got a lot of good information. The information on the net is helpful but remember to be yourself and give positive energy to the interviewer, DON'T BE FAKE they can tell. Oh another thing is to let them know you can work any hours and any days they need. They like to hear that. Good luck everyone..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Oh, I forgot to say don't forget these are the worst times to try and find a job. I applied at a medical office in my small town and went in for an interview. I felt really good about how the interview went but saw a stack of resumes over an inch thick! Well I got the call that I didn't get the job but I was second choice and if the girl doesn't work out they will call me. That is when I decided to go back to school and finish my degree at the community college and get my medical assistant training. I think it helps if you go to your local community college rather then the expensive trade schools, that is if they offer the correct classes in your town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

niqui510 in Oakland, California

61 months ago

I've wanted a receptionist job when I was 18 with no work experience and was unsuccessful. Now I'm almost 21 ive worked as a cashier at one job for 10 months. and now i have job as a teller at a bank that i've been working for the past ten months. I still have a desire to be a medical receptionist due to the fact im in school majoring in nursing, i would love to work in a healthcare environment. It also better my chances in getting accepted in a nursing school.
I wonder if my experience as a cashier and teller will better my chances as a receptionist.

61 months ago

Well, I think it's better now that you have a teller job, but I agree that you need some kind of experience in the medical field to be accepted into the nursing program. If you can, you should even volunteer at a nursing home or be like a candy striper (I don't know if that's what they call them anymore) at a hospital. You have to show the board that looks at your request to be in nursing school that you are very serious about wanting to be a nurse that you will do anything to get into the program. Even if you do this say 6 months before you apply to the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

niqui510 in Oakland, California said: I've wanted a receptionist job when I was 18 with no work experience and was unsuccessful. Now I'm almost 21 ive worked as a cashier at one job for 10 months. and now i have job as a teller at a bank that i've been working for the past ten months. I still have a desire to be a medical receptionist due to the fact im in school majoring in nursing, i would love to work in a healthcare environment. It also better my chances in getting accepted in a nursing school.
I wonder if my experience as a cashier and teller will better my chances as a receptionist.

Also if your the person that said you need experience in excel, I've worked at 3 different medical offices and they have not required excel. I just had to learn their specific program for appointment processing and medical records. One of the classes I took in college was called intro to pc applications so maybe you can do that one class at night or something.

MsStarry in Hanover Park, Illinois

60 months ago

I only have retail experience but excellent customer service skills. I also have taken many computer classes so my skills with that are good too. Will any hospitals or clinics want to hire a person as a receptionist who is NOT an aspiring nurse? Many people on here say it is hard to become an assistant and I have heard you need to know someone there already. However, at the widely known hospital where I live, there are a LOT of students with no job experience that are being hired there. At least five. However, all these people are majoring in some kind of medical field or physical therapy and such. So to me, they seem to be the perfect fit: an aspring nurse who is in college with a nursing program, and doesn't have to have experience. So is it even possible to become a medical receptionist if you mainly want the position because of it being an assistant or receptionist job? Meaning I'm not seeking this job out as experience for a future hospital career.

NewDT in Elgin, Illinois

52 months ago

I recently got hired with no experience in a specialty medical office in the Western suburbs of Chicago. I truly believe if there's one little thing on your resume that pops out & they call you for an interview it is ALL ABOUT THE FIRST IMPRESSION! So that means you have to know how to speak, & yes spelling does matter (bilingual or not). If you have issues with this due to lack of education or whatever it may be then go back to school & take remedial classes to catch up. This in no way is meant to be an insult, on the contrary Community Colleges have great adult education courses that will help & I HIGHLY recommend a medical terminology course, this is what my new employer liked about my resume. Also, don't let jobs ads that say "1-2 years experience mandatory" stop you from forwarding that resume, do it anyway! I did & it was incredibly how many people really did follow up with me regardless of no experience. Not all those follow ups were successful but each time it just got better & better. I recommend Craigslist, Monster, & CareerBuilder. Good luck!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

MTez in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

I agree with all these comments. I went to school to get a Medical Assistant training but like I dont have the experience nobody wants to hired you. I ended in a Receptionist position and will a big debt for my program. And you have the willing to learn, but nobody wants to train you. But we just dont have to give up. How can we gain experience if they dont give us the opportunity!!!

rnurse in Newton, New Jersey

41 months ago

sandinmytoes in Ontario, California said: Not sure what you people are talking about but it isn't hard at all. If you can answer multiple phone lines in a friendly/ caring manner and take excellent phone messages you will land a job. The phone msgs are a big deal. You MUST spell names and medications correctly. If you don't know ASK!!! Ask the pharmacist, doctor etc. Once you get your foot in the door it's much easier to be promoted to Medical Admin positions.

I hate to tell you but I am a very intelligent nursing student who has been applying for ANY and ALL jobs to do with the medical field including reception. Due to the fact that no one will hire me due to my lack of experience I am stuck bartending. Explanations?

Yoobingsoo in San Antonio, Texas

41 months ago

What can I do to prepare myself to become a medical receptionist?

I'm trying to go for a career in medical reception, but I don't have much "professional" work experience because I've always been focused on school. I've been a babysitter or a "child care provider", a sampler, and a cashier. I have a friend that is a medical receptionist coordinator and she advised me to get at least 1 year experience in customer service while getting my general education in my community college finished. Instead doing that, though, I thought about just getting a Health Information Specialist certificate while working part time in a customer service setting. Is that a good idea? And would working as a waitress for a year be of use in a resume for a medical receptionist or would being a retail sales associate be more useful? I'm not looking for a physically demanding job like nursing and I have personal reasons for not going for a bachelor's so please don't tell me to do something else.

Please help, I've been researching forever and the deadline for registration for spring semester is coming up. :(

Thanks.

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

I got my start by working in the Health Center at my local community college as I was finishing my associate degree in General Studies thanks to the Work-Study program. If someone is currently in college, I think this is a good starting place should they want to actively pursue healthcare reception down the road.

fraziere31@yahoo.com in Charlotte, North Carolina

35 months ago

It's hard to find a job in this field. YOU HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE. Nobody never gets in because of "good grades" lol

blacksmith123abc in Morristown, New Jersey

34 months ago

Hi:

My career goal is to work as a Medical Receptionist in either a Doctor's office, Dentist's office or hospital. I am currently working as a legal assistant in a law firm where I perform clerical duties such as answering telephones and taking messages, scheduling and verifying appointments, preparing letters, typing e-mails, filing, preparing mailings, sorting mail, filing, etc. I can also learn new material. I believe I have the relevant experience to working in a medical environment. I do not have medical experience. Not

blacksmith123abc in Morristown, New Jersey

34 months ago

My career goal is to work as a Medical Receptionist in either a Doctor's office, Dentist's office or hospital. I am currently working as a legal assistant in a law firm where I perform clerical duties such as answering telephones and taking messages, scheduling and verifying appointments, preparing letters, typing e-mails, filing, preparing mailings, sorting mail, filing, etc. I can also learn new material. I believe I have the relevant experience to working in a medical environment. I do not have medical experience. It seems that medical environments are real stickler's about having prior medical experience. This is like a CATCH 22. YOU NEED THE EXPERIENCE TO GET THE EXPERIENCE.

Any suggestions on getting that Medical Receptionist job with the above background???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lakfly@athenet.net in Appleton, Wisconsin

32 months ago

I have been told the same thing. If I have no experience, they are not interested. This is even after I graduated in the Medical Office Assistant program. They will not even talk to me. I have years of customer service experience from the volunteering I am doing.

Shannon in Dayton, Ohio

32 months ago

jennifer in San Diego, California said: what is a medical receptionst all about? i was some people think its not a real carree cause it dont have anything to do with being a real medical person.

Learn to spell! A Medical Receptionist is A REAL career.

usmc8318 in Tucson, Arizona

32 months ago

FLunemployed in Orlando, Florida said: Spelling doesn't matter - she's bilingual ! Didn't you get that? Come to FL where your dual languages will land you just about any position you desire, even with poor spelling and little experience. Last week the MA at my doctor's office asked me how to spell "ectopic," but what does it matter - she's bilingual!

First of all, just because you are bilingual does not excuse you from knowing proper grammar and spelling in everyday communication. For someone to even have the audacity to use that excuse is just downright ignorant and should definitely go back to some form of schooling so you do not make everyone else with the desire to excel look stupid.

Secondly, I agree that before you even take part in any correspondence via email, etc....do learn the basic function of a spell checker. If one cannot master the basic skills of looking for proper spelling and pronunciation of everyday words, you have no business looking for a job in any professional establishment anywhere.

Just saying....

P.S. Personally, I am bilingual and still check myself for proper communication skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ERIKA TAJADILLO in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

FLunemployed in Orlando, Florida said: Spelling doesn't matter - she's bilingual ! Didn't you get that? Come to FL where your dual languages will land you just about any position you desire, even with poor spelling and little experience. Last week the MA at my doctor's office asked me how to spell "ectopic," but what does it matter - she's bilingual!

I'm try to move from New York to Florida, and i love work in a medical office but i don't have experience in the field but with you comment i think i can get a job there i'm bilingual too. i hope i ca get a job there

tlconnally@gmail.com in Columbus, Georgia

24 months ago

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.