Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What are typical medical receptionist salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

kathleen

93 months ago

ok

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LATOYA WALKER in Rebecca, Georgia

92 months ago

I RECENTLY COMPLETED A MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST PROGRAM, BUT IT IS HARDER TO FIND A JOB THAN I THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE. I NEED SOME POINTERS ON HOW TO GET A JOB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Long Island City, New York

88 months ago

One way to start is contacting an employment agency.

Rose in Bristol, Illinois

86 months ago

LATOYA WALKER in Rebecca, Georgia said: I RECENTLY COMPLETED A MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST PROGRAM, BUT IT IS HARDER TO FIND A JOB THAN I THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE. I NEED SOME POINTERS ON HOW TO GET A JOB.

after sending so many resumes out on the internet I desided that it might just be wier to send out my resume by mail. Why because when the mail arrives at the office someone will be opening the daily mail see the resume and give it to the right person. Guess What I got an interview within 2 days. Today is my interview. Sometimes we get lost in the porcess. Time to go back to basics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

J in Brandon, Florida

82 months ago

another tactic in faxing resumes, fax out late at night so yours will either be the first on top or at least a few down!
Learned that when I was in medical assisting school. :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

REBEKA in West New York, New Jersey

74 months ago

HI GIRL, WELL MY HISTORY IT'S "SAD" I WAS WORKING FOR A CAMPANY AND I GOT A CALL FROM A DR. OFFICE I DESIRED TO GO AND GUESS WHAT I GOT THE JOB BUT MY OLD BOSS OFFERED MY MORE MONEY TO STAY AND THE DR. OFFICE WAS OFFERING ME LESS AND AFTER 6 MONTH, GEUSS WHAT MY COMAPANY IS GOING TO RELOCATED AND I HAVE TO START LOOKING AGAIN. THE SAD THING IS THAT RIGHT NOW SEEMS THAT THE DR. OFFICE ARE NOT HIRING NEW PEOPLE AND I JUST STILL WAITING. MAY BE BY MAILING MY RESUMEN CAN BE A GOOD IDEA. IT'S CRAZY HOW LIFE CHANGE YESTERDAY I WAS UP THERE AND TODAY I'M OVER HERE DOWN.something I WANT TO GO THE THE SAME OFFICE AND TRY TO TALK TO THE OFFICE MANAGER BUT I'M JUST AFRAID TO GO:=(

sandinmytoes in Ontario, California

74 months ago

Back in 98 was paid $10.00/ hr
Received a raise to $12.00/ hr

The more you learn the higher your pay
will be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Genna in Pompano Beach, Florida

63 months ago

In our practice the front desk receptionist make anywhere from $13.00 to $15.50 depending on experience and ability. The lower end is basic check & check out and phones. The higher end can do temporary office manager duties and medical assisting.

loyalty in Syracuse, New York

62 months ago

I have recentely been let go! Front desk receptionist for a practice consisting of seven cardiologists, five other offices (off sites), this one being the main with 85 employees working behind the walls with the two hundred plus patients i greeted and checked in daily!
For twenty three years this was always a two person job, until i got hired. Five months later the other receptionist fired, i got $1.00 raise And i was told " the desk is now yours, run it how you need to the best we have ever had"!
Jerks!!!!!Pay was terrible allowing all the work (for two) that i had to complete. Ended after 2 1/2 years $12.50 an hour.
Ex co- workers tell me the practice is having a hard time "filling my shoes", and get this they are paying the new receptionist $10.00 an hour-WOW!!!!GOODLUCK

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.