The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you enjoy most about medical receptionist work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Alena Ferdin in Stanford, CA

106 months ago

I'm a people person i enjoy dealing with clients or patients helping them out when they need help. i finished Bryman College in 2003 of June.Iam looking for a start by taking a Medical Receptionist position somewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Wichita, Kansas

93 months ago

HI
Is this my wonderful sister??
love ya
Jamie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Janesville, Wisconsin

93 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about medical receptionist work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I just recently started volunteering for a medical receptionist position at a free clinic and as far as I'm concerned it's fun. I enjoy seeing the patients that come in to the clinic and helping them out the best I can. I don't think I'm much of help right now because I don't really know a whole lot of answers to questions and I don't know where everything is at or what to do for new patients that come in to sign up for our services. I eventually want to pick up a receptionist position in a real clinic or a hospital so I can get paid for what I do and also so I can quit working in fast food.

I don't think there's anything to dislike about work as a receptionist. As long as the job is interesting, fun and I get to meet new people or even if I see the same people everyday I will enjoy my work.

I think there are some challenges with being a receptionist just by hearing how busy it can be between helping people at the counter and taking calls or making calls it's a lot of work. Handling patient files like filing or pulling these files is very easy and not as challenging.

I think there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance as a medical receptionist. If I can get all my training and experience as a receptionist then if I want to move into a similar position I could maybe work in the medical records department and deal with patient records. Working with patient records probably consists of filing these medical records and pulling these records for the doctor for review or maybe to discuss with the patient. If I can work in a hospital I can take up some medical related classes and use my education to get a different job in healthcare which is what I want to do. I want to start off at the lowest level and work my way up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Genna in Pompano Beach, Florida

75 months ago

I enjoy the variety of people. Most people are pretty nice, some are really interesting. And a few push your professionalism & self-control almost to the breaking point. When it gets crazy busy and everyone shifts smoothly into high gear, there's a nice sense of accomplishment afterwards. It's a good feeling to meet the challenges and win the game. It's rarely boring.
Most of the current office managers came up from front desk work or were promoted from front desk to manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.