Medical records clerk-standing all day

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

reneetami in Topeka, Kansas

56 months ago

I was just offered a job as a Medical records clerk. The office is still using paper charts, and I wondering if you have to constantly stand all day. I have always worked clerical jobs, have 2 ankle joint replacements and I am worried I would have to stand all the time. Can anyone give me any info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

a.hunter236@yahoo.com in Spring Valley, California

55 months ago

I went through the same thing, I thought the position was for a Medical Records Clerk and I found out that it was a File Clerk position. This is the thing, if you apply for a Medical Records Clerk in a clinic it is really a File Clerk position, but if you apply for a Medical Records Clerk at an hospital you will be an Medical Records Clerk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Healthgirl in Austin, Texas

55 months ago

Renee,

You will most likely not stand ALL day but there will be a lot of physical activity: standing, crouching, pushing heavy chart cars possibly. I see your reply is from almost a month ago. I assume you have started the job by now. The good news is I started in this field as a temp and I lost between 5- 10 pounds in just a month and a half from moving all the time. Personally I loved it as your day flies by from doing so many different things. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.