Getting a medical records technician job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

How did you get your start doing medical records technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

peggy goscinski in Saint Petersburg, Florida

79 months ago

I have been working in nursing homes for 11 years, as a clinical dietary manager. I have experience in medical charting . I am interested in medical records. and willing to take classes to get educated. how can i get started?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

James P. Johnson in Shannon, Mississippi

75 months ago

Worked in medical records in the US Army also temp work in Phoenix Az

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, Kansas

64 months ago

I have a degree in Health Information and I CANNOT get a job because i don't have any experience in the position. What do you do to get the experience if you cannot get ajob?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lellerbrock1 in Denver, Colorado

64 months ago

peggy goscinski in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I have been working in nursing homes for 11 years, as a clinical dietary manager. I have experience in medical charting . I am interested in medical records. and willing to take classes to get educated. how can i get started?

I am a current student in an R.H.I.T. program at my local community college. Majority of these programs are offered online. Go to www.ahima.org to learn more about this particular Associate's Degree. This, from I have learned, is the beginning phase of getting your foot in the door.

64 months ago

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, Kansas said: I have a degree in Health Information and I CANNOT get a job because i don't have any experience in the position. What do you do to get the experience if you cannot get ajob?

What kind of degree exactly do you have? What have you been applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

James P. Johnson in Shannon, Mississippi said: Worked in medical records in the US Army also temp work in Phoenix Az

How do you like it? Can you share the type of work you do exactly?

64 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing medical records technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Would love to hear from R.H.I.T. graduates that are working. Would appreciate input on type of work, salary information and conditions of the work place.

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, Kansas

64 months ago

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, Kansas said: I have a degree in Health Information and I CANNOT get a job because i don't have any experience in the position. What do you do to get the experience if you cannot get ajob?

I have an associates degree in Health Information and have been applying localy and with the Indian Health Service due to being an indian decent.

Terrence Mosley in Pearl, Mississippi

57 months ago

Verlyn Powell in Brandon, Mississippi said: I am seeking employment in the Jackson, MS area, I just completed formal classes and am taking my Medical Coding and Billing Certification test in 2 weeks, anyone need a coder with 5 months experince out there or have any leads?

I have leads for you. Could you send me your e-mail address?

linda@columbia in Columbia, Missouri

57 months ago

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, Kansas said: I have an associates degree in Health Information and have been applying locally and with the Indian Health Service due to being an indian decent.

I am a hit student at Minnesota state and plan to take my RHIT in May. I want to work with Indian Health, i am not Indian decent. Are you having any luck. My school has two clinicians and the second one is 5 weeks. I guess that will count as experience. .

49 months ago

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, Kansas said: I have an associates degree in Health Information and have been applying localy and with the Indian Health Service due to being an indian decent.

Ratzlaff in Hutchinson, have you obtained any kind of employment yet? If so, what are you doing now?

49 months ago

linda@columbia in Columbia, Missouri said: I am a hit student at Minnesota state and plan to take my RHIT in May. I want to work with Indian Health, i am not Indian decent. Are you having any luck. My school has two clinicians and the second one is 5 weeks. I guess that will count as experience. .

Linda@columbia: Did you pass your test and obtain your R.H.I.T.? Are you employed in the field now?

Angela Hubbard in Jackson, Mississippi

45 months ago

I have completed training in medical billing and coding and received a diploma of completion, as well as my certification. I went on to become a Certified Professional Coder Apprentice,but Iam still unemployed because I dont have the experience. Does anyone have any suggestions?

45 months ago

Where did you get your diploma from?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.