Top medical records technician skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every medical records technician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your medical records technician expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

linda goergen in Phoenix, Arizona

91 months ago

WHAT ARE THE TRAITS AND OR SKILLS THAT I NEED TO SUCEED IN THIS JOB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph myers in Osseo, Minnesota

91 months ago

i am a recent graduate form the school of allied health with no medical records experience. i am looking for a job in this department but can't get any because of the experience. what do i need to do to get my dream job in this field? what skills do i need to get my job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

84 months ago

I am about to graduate from an HIT program at a technical college in Wisconsin with one more practicum to complete. The most frequent advice I've received from instructors and current industry professionals through networking with my local and the national professional associations (WHIMA and AHIMA) is that you need to join their associations (AHIMA and your local one respectively)-they should have a new graduate renewal fee-I just received mine-and be animant about communicating with mentors on the Mentor CoP. They have helped me considerably regarding different areas of the industry. The industry is quite broad as you probably know and depending on what area (more than just records)you want to pursue, you need a mentor who has been there and can relate to where you want to be both short and long-term.

Have you registered or sat for your RHIT or RHIA exam yet? These are also very important according to current professionals and major employers. Any of the positions that are remotely related to the HIM field usually require one or the other depending on what type of position you're applying for. If you don't have it, they usually expect you to be eligible for it and have definite plans for taking it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

smillikan in ethridge, Tennessee

72 months ago

What is the difference between allied health jobs and other jobs? Just schools? Jobs? Pay? Is there even a difference?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.