Interview with Novo Nordisk through the NAPRX. Has anyone worked for or with the NAPRX or NovoNordisk?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Heather B. in Ballwin, Missouri

74 months ago

If anyone could should some light on NovoNordisk or NAPRX that would be great. My freind is a contract pharmaceutial sales rep with NAPRX at KV pharmaceuticals. The interview is for a pharmaceutical sales job in their Diabetes division. My interview is next, so an urgent response is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Heather-medical rep in Laguna Nigel, California

74 months ago

I just interviewed with NovoNordisk. I am not sure if I would even take the job if offered as I am presently making well over $175k. Diabetes is certainly a hot market and the company sounds very solid and appreciate as well as pay their reps well. The NAPRX is a great way to find job openings. My freind just completed their CNPR Program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

If you want to enter into a career as a pharmaceutical sales rep it is vital that you acquire the necessary accredited education and industry training (CNPR Program). Each pharmaceutical sales rep must be familiar with clinical pharmacology, medical terminology, plus rules and regulations for selling pharmaceuticals to effectively sell to healthcare professionals. The NAPRx offers accredited education and training by correspondence as well as through 200 colleges/universities nationwide. The CNPR training program provides the education which my company prefers.

Applicants who have no previous pharmaceutical sales experience but who have acquired industry sales training, pharmaceutical product knowledge, managed care guidelines plus selling regulations typically are selected for interviews over candidates who do have not taken pharmaceutical sales training.

There is an incredible amount of opportunity waiting for individuals who want to work in pharmaceutical sales. There are hundreds of pharmaceutical/medical/biotech companies that hire applicants with no experience but just general pharmaceutical or CNPR training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Neece-NAPRX in Washington, District of Columbia

73 months ago

Pharmaceutical sales can be extremely lucrative as well as financially rewarding and the pharmaceutical industry is growing rapidly as new drugs are being brought to market. Drug sales are expected to rise 6% annually through 2012 because of the aging baby boomers, increased access to drugs through Medicare Part D program and the rising use of biotech and other products. The NAPRx® has created the CNPR® Certification to educate individuals seeking a career in pharmaceutical sales.

CNPR® Certification helps applicants qualify for a pharmaceutical sales career:

CNPR® Pharmaceutical Sales –Certification Program is a college accredited pharmaceutical industry assurance that an entry level sales applicant has meet product and regulatory industry requirements to be a pharmaceutical sales rep. The CNPR® Course can be taken directly through the NAPRx® by correspondence/online or at over 300 universities/colleges nationwide.
Employers look for CNPR® Training, offered by the NAPRx®, on resumes from entry level pharmaceutical sales candidates.
The NAPRx® is used as a third party to verify the credentials of pharmaceutical sales applicants. CNPR® certifications from applicants can be verified over the phone or online.
CNPR® Certification (Entry Level- Pharmaceutical Sales Training) is important for applicants who are looking to get noticed and also qualify for pharmaceutical sales opportunities. CNPR® Training helps applicants, who are looking to enter the very technical and scientific industry of pharmaceutical sales, meet position requirements set by pharmaceutical companies.
The CNPR® program is the only accredited vocational pharmaceutical sales training course in the United States which is dedicated to helping those enter a career in pharmaceutical sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Boca Raton, Florida

72 months ago

I just got called this morning for my 3rd interview with Eli Lilly. I want to thank the NAPRX, www.napsronline.org, for all the help they have provided me so far. However, if there is anyone out there who works at Eli Lilly who might have some insight to how I can close the deal please respond back. I am so excited about entering the industry.
Eric, CNPR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DHicks in Raleigh, North Carolina

72 months ago

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado said: If you want to enter into a career as a pharmaceutical sales rep it is vital that you acquire the necessary accredited education and industry training (CNPR Program). Each pharmaceutical sales rep must be familiar with clinical pharmacology, medical terminology, plus rules and regulations for selling pharmaceuticals to effectively sell to healthcare professionals. The NAPRx offers accredited education and training by correspondence as well as through 200 colleges/universities nationwide. The CNPR training program provides the education which my company prefers.

Applicants who have no previous pharmaceutical sales experience but who have acquired industry sales training, pharmaceutical product knowledge, managed care guidelines plus selling regulations typically are selected for interviews over candidates who do have not taken pharmaceutical sales training.

There is an incredible amount of opportunity waiting for individuals who want to work in pharmaceutical sales. There are hundreds of pharmaceutical/medical/biotech companies that hire applicants with no experience but just general pharmaceutical or CNPR training.

Brenda,
I have over 8 years of sales & marketing experience in the wireless industry and worked my way up through the company to get where I am. I didn't even have a cell phone when I first started but learned the business quickly and was promoted accordingly. I recently was laid off due to the credit crunch on my customer base. I have always wanted to get into the pharmaceutical sales field and not just for the money. It seems like very challenging and demanding area. I am willing to start from the bottom if necessary and work my way up again. But I want to do it the right way. I have looked into the NAPRX and saw the certification. Would you recommend this program as the best way to enter the pharmaceutical sales industry? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Bauer in Marietta, Georgia

72 months ago

DHicks in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Brenda,
I have over 8 years of sales & marketing experience in the wireless industry and worked my way up through the company to get where I am. I didn't even have a cell phone when I first started but learned the business quickly and was promoted accordingly. I recently was laid off due to the credit crunch on my customer base. I have always wanted to get into the pharmaceutical sales field and not just for the money. It seems like very challenging and demanding area. I am willing to start from the bottom if necessary and work my way up again. But I want to do it the right way. I have looked into the NAPRX and saw the certification. Would you recommend this program as the best way to enter the pharmaceutical sales industry? Thanks in advance.

I am interviewing for pharmaceutical sales with 2 pharma companies and they are both asking for the CNPR. I am glad I pursued the training and certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Car in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Lisa Bauer in Marietta, Georgia said: I am interviewing for pharmaceutical sales with 2 pharma companies and they are both asking for the CNPR. I am glad I pursued the training and certification.

How long did it take you to complete the training? How many times did you take the test before passing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susie in Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

It takes most people about 70 hours to complete CNPR training unless they go to a major university or college to take it then it will take 1 semester. Go to www.napsronline.org to learn more.

Ashlee in New Bedford, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I have been looking into taking the CNPR training, but I am not sure if I should take the course at a University, which is obviously more money, or if it is just as beneficial using the materials from NAPRX. Just wondering people's opinions on the training they have taken.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sannikay55 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

69 months ago

Heather-medical rep in Laguna Nigel, California said: I just interviewed with NovoNordisk. I am not sure if I would even take the job if offered as I am presently making well over $175k. Diabetes is certainly a hot market and the company sounds very solid and appreciate as well as pay their reps well. The NAPRX is a great way to find job openings. My freind just completed their CNPR Program.

Hi Heather,

Do you think the CNPR cert would work for medical device sales as well? I see that you are selling in that field, why would you consider pharma. From what I've heard from recruiters, pharma doesn't pay as well as medical device. There is a certification for medical sales that I have been looking at instead of the CNPR. Any suggestions?

Sandi

John in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

68 months ago

I enrolled in the NAPRX course last last month and look forward to starting a new path. How important are the quizes and are they close to the test?

A Tucker in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

The CNPR Certification should be taken by anyone looking to get into a pharmaceutical sales career. It is highly recognized in the pharmaceutical industry and provides the vocational industry training that is needed from applicants in order to qualify for pharmaceutical sales openings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Spring Hill, Florida

66 months ago

I just completed the CNPR Certification program and I can tell you it was very informative and I now know that I am qualified when I apply for pharmaceutical sales jobs.

Randy P. in Imperial, Missouri

65 months ago

An old roommate of mine is a CNPR graduate and just got hired on with Eli Lilly, I definitely want to get my CNPR and work as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I am trying to buy a NAPRx CNPR training manual. If anyone has a used CNPR Training Manual for sales please let me know.

Iwona in Fort Myers, Florida

65 months ago

Eric in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I took the CNPR Certifation and now work as a pharmaceutical rep with Sanofi Aventis. Any person looking to work in pharmaceutical sales should definitely get their CNPR Certification.

Hi

Did you choose to take your CNPR Certificate program directly from NAPRx or trough university? I'm not sure what would be better. I moved from Poland where I used work as rep and now I want to break into industry here.

Rae in Kenly, North Carolina

60 months ago

So...I purchased training a while back and was wondering if anyone else noticed a lot of errors (spelling mostly) in the book as well as on the exam. I have to take the exam over because it asked me questions incorrectly. I honestly don't know how someone can put a misnomer on an acronym. I hope this isn't a scam. Any insight? I honestly cannot find anything on consumer report or ripoff report regarding the topic. Just one other person agrees with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

58 months ago

I have a Bachelors Degree in Business Management and 1 year left on my MBA. I worked as an Insurance salesman about 18 years ago. I presently work as a Field Operations Supervisor for a Utility Company and was giving thought to getting out of this position and taking the training. Any thoughts on how hard it will be to get into the field with a Heavy Construction Management background?

Carmen in Portsmouth, Virginia

58 months ago

I graduated from college in May of 2006 and started working for Pfizer in July of the same year. I did not have any type training prior to that. I trained at Pfizer and learned medical termonology with them along with disease state and product information. I now work for another Pharma company and went through similar training with them. I do not have any CNPR training of any kind. I do have the knowledge that I have picked up from 2 companies. I have recently interviewed with other companies just to see what else is out there and I have not been asked for any such training. Maybe the experience I have is enough. For those of you that have the training I am not downing it, I just have never experienced the need for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary P. in Boca Raton, Florida

55 months ago

Because of my CNPR certification from NAPRx I was able to get a job as a pharmaceutical sales rep just shortly after receiving my certificate. I had already had a BA in Marketing, but the CNPR cert is what got my foot in the door for a specific pharmaceutical sales job.

Jennette Premo in Saginaw, Michigan

54 months ago

Is anyone willing to sell there used NAPrx manual or materials? I am interested in buying any of these materials? Thankyou

ashley in Humble, Texas

53 months ago

Jennette Premo in Saginaw, Michigan said: Is anyone willing to sell there used NAPrx manual or materials? I am interested in buying any of these materials? Thankyou

Yes, I have the NAPrx Sales Training Manual it is brand new I just ordered it in June and I happened to get a job so it has not even been used. I would love to sell it. If you are still interested my e-mail is ancallaghan@live.com let me know and we can work something out!

countryrockstar in Smyrna, Georgia

52 months ago

ashley in Humble, Texas said: Yes, I have the NAPrx Sales Training Manual it is brand new I just ordered it in June and I happened to get a job so it has not even been used. I would love to sell it. If you are still interested my e-mail is ancallaghan@live.com let me know and we can work something out!

Ashley,

I like to buy the CNPR® Manual from you. Please email me at countryrockstar@live.com. Looking forward to buying it from you.

Valehoff in New Haven, Connecticut

52 months ago

I would like to get all advise possible,about this training, because I have sales experience, but not on Pahrmaceutical, or medical. Also I am a foreign, so I am a little afraid that can count against me, because English is my second language...My college background is Fine Arts,and my Marters in Marketing...Probably I will be more competive getting this Training uh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Valehoff in New Haven, Connecticut

52 months ago

I would like to get all advise possible,I am trying to change career and breaking into a pharma, maedical sales ...I would like to know more about this training,if anyone can sell me this book... because I have sales experience, but not on Pahrmaceutical, or medical. Also I am a foreign, so I am a little afraid that can count against me, because English is my second language...My college background is Fine Arts,and my Marters in Marketing...Probably I will be more competive getting this Training uh? Please help!

countryrockstar in Smyrna, Georgia

52 months ago

Valehoff,

I did some research on this company and they check out very good. Their course is offered to over 300 institutions such as major colleges and universities. That says a lot about their reputation and the ability to secure their course to be taught at places which approve of their curriculum.

The other company's who offer similar courses this is the one that works for me.

As far as you being foreign, don't worry about that. This country is a melting pot of many different races. You sales experience will help get your foot in the door. I know how you feel, i don't have medical sales experience but plenty of sale IT related and Financial experience.

You have an impressive background and it wouldn't hurt to get certify in medial sales either. I will be buying their course soon and feel confident it will at least help open doors. The rest is up to me to close the deal.

I hope this helps.

E

Donna in Minneapolis, Minnesota

50 months ago

I have a CNPR certification/exam manual/package available for purchase. Never been opened. Will give you a great deal on it if you are interested. It includes the Pharmaceutical sales manual, CNPR certification test and Quizzes.

lynn325 in Saint Louis, Missouri

50 months ago

Donna in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I have a CNPR certification/exam manual/package available for purchase. Never been opened. Will give you a great deal on it if you are interested. It includes the Pharmaceutical sales manual, CNPR certification test and Quizzes.

please email me at lemaks325@att.net asap

lynn325 in Saint Louis, Missouri

50 months ago

If anyone have the CNPR books etc.. please email me at lemaks325@att.net or lynnworld1973@aol.com A.S.A.P thanks soo much

50 months ago

On the web site they charge for $239 for the whole package. I will take $125 which is half price. Never been opened. My daughter was going to get a job in that industry but instead went a different direction so had no need for it. But I understand it is a great program.

What do you think?

50 months ago

I have the complete package from NAPR and would sell it for $125. The web site charges @239 for the entire package. I understand it is a good program. What do you think? It has never been opened.

Sheryl in Little Rock, Arkansas

49 months ago

Does anyone have the CNPR manual, certification test and quizzes for sale? The whole package sells for $239, I will pay $125 so please email me at millerfam41@yahoo.com

Zee100 in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

Donna in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I have a CNPR certification/exam manual/package available for purchase. Never been opened. Will give you a great deal on it if you are interested. It includes the Pharmaceutical sales manual, CNPR certification test and Quizzes.

Donna,

Are you still selling the package?
Plz email me at zairack@gmail.com if you are ! Thank you !

Brandy in Clearwater, Florida

49 months ago

Hey donna, I just eamiled you!! I am in tampa too, so i can meet with you to get the materials if you would like!! Hope to hear from you soon!

49 months ago

Has anyone taken the CNPR certification with NAPRX? Need to if most
of the questions on the exam are the same as the quizzes? Any information
would be helpful...Thanks, Sheryl

par she in Jersey City, New Jersey

49 months ago

I have done Bachelors in pharmacy and doing pharma m.b.a. Will I take CNPR test without join CNPR training program or after joining CNPR training program. Please guide me.

49 months ago

par she in Jersey City, New Jersey said: I have done Bachelors in pharmacy and doing pharma m.b.a. Will I take CNPR test without join CNPR training program or after joining CNPR training program. Please guide me.

You have to take it after joining..

KSmith in Waterbury, Connecticut

48 months ago

Does anyone have the CNPR manual, certification test and quizzes for sale? If so please email me at kristensn@gmail.com.
Thank you so much!

twogoodtwobetrue in Albany, New York

46 months ago

What kind of schooling do you need to have a pharmaceutical sales career?

M&M in Grove City, Ohio

46 months ago

I have never heard to much about this CNPR training until this link...it almost seems like to many people are saying its what helped them get a job...is this a scam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria S in Encino, California

44 months ago

Does anyone have the CNPR manual, certification test and quizzes for sale? If so please email me at maryasinger@yahoo.com.
Thank you so much!

RGreen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

41 months ago

Michael in Miami, Florida said: I also obtained my CNPR in December of 2008 and I ending up accepting a pharmaceutical sales job also with Astellas. I applied through their website and that started the interview process. You should definetly apply as we are still hiring.

I applied with Astellas but I don't have the CNPR. Would you say that this was your only training to get the job with Astellas?? I don't want to waste the money on something that isn't going to get my foot in the door..ya know? :) Thanks!

RGreen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

41 months ago

Michael in Miami, Florida said: I also obtained my CNPR in December of 2008 and I ending up accepting a pharmaceutical sales job also with Astellas. I applied through their website and that started the interview process. You should definetly apply as we are still hiring.

I applied with Astellas but I don't have the CNPR. Would you say that this was your only training to get the job with Astellas?? I don't want to waste the money on something that isn't going to get my foot in the door..ya know? :) Thanks!

Joel O. in Mainland, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

I just talked to my freind who is a pharmaceutical sales rep and he mentioned that the company who hires me will do some training but to better qualify for pharmaceutical sales interviews obtaining a CNPR Certification is important. I am looking at a college near me in Pennsylvania but also considering taking the CNPR course by correspondence. Is anyone aware if it is better to take the CNPR Certification at a university? Any info or comments please respond.

lil E in Greenville, North Carolina

38 months ago

While all training can better you, most pharma companies that are actually going to hire you have never heard of this curriculum. Bottom line its a lot of hype-and in my opinion a scam.

DeAnna Hackett in Muskegon, Michigan

38 months ago

Does anyone have the CNPR manual, certification test and quizzes for sale? If so please email me at kre8tiv23@msn.com.
Thank you so much!

john in Kansas City, Missouri

38 months ago

i currently am reading the manual, and am wondering what the questions on the actual test are like. On the insert sheet it said focus on the definitions, did you guys find this to be correct?

Sunnysideup in Grand Rapids, Michigan

35 months ago

Does anyone have current CNPR manual, certification test and quizzes for sale? I am interesting in purchasing if so!

Sherri in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

35 months ago

I am interested in purchasing a used CNPR manual. If there are any of you out there that would like to sell their book please let me know asap. Thanks!!

anthonypatel in Boca Raton, Florida

35 months ago

LOL this is the second blog asking for a used book. You can get them used from the association if they still have some. I got mine for $150.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.