Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming medical sales representative interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Aurora, Colorado

84 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming medical sales representative interview?

TELL ME WHY YOU WANT TO SALE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (506) / No (75) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Wichita Falls, Texas

78 months ago

Ralph Steeber said: Send me your direct email address and I'll send you a list of 5 top interview questions and answers expected in medical sales interview.

Ralph...could i get those questions also.

Thanks

Dave

dmiles1@sw.rr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

roney christian in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

i would like to be a medical rep. can you give me some guidance.where i can take training for that ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (140) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Aurora, Colorado

76 months ago

Is there anyway I can receive the top 5 questions in a medical sales rep interveiw.
Please send to msanders0731@yahoo.com Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (136) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Henderson, Nevada

76 months ago

Connie in Aurora, Colorado said: TELL ME WHY YOU WANT TO SALE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT?

Any chance you can email me the top 5 questions they will ask for medical sales interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tama'ra Terrell in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Colby Rowley in Castle Rock, Colorado said: Colby Rowley

Could I also get the top 5 interview question and the desired response.

Thank you

Can I get the questions, please.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tamaraterrell@hotmail.com in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Ralph Steeber said: Have you located a job in mdical sales?

I have sent my resume out and I want to be prepared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea Trushcheff in Saint Louis, Missouri

74 months ago

Hi everyone! I have an interview for a medical sales position, but I have very little sales experience. I currently work with a vendor and assist with sales and educating customers about our products and what they can do for them, but I am not a sales rep. Does anyone have some good advice for me or what I can expect? Any help would be appreciated. my email is trushcheff1@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (91) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay in Ames, Iowa

70 months ago

Ralph Steeber said: send me a copy of your resume and I will review and offer career advice and idea of what your chances might be.
I spent 30 years recruiting medical professionals for 1000s of healthcare companies and know what they look for.
Thanks, Ralph

Hey Ralph,

I will be graduating in May of 2009 and very interested in going into the Medical Sales Rep career. Do you have any advice on getting contacts, interview suggestions, and just what they may be looking for?

Thanks so much for your help!

Lindsay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GLENN in Indianapolis, Indiana

70 months ago

HELLO TO ALL,

I HAVE A INTERVIEW COMING UP WITH A MEDICAL SALES COMPANY CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME THE TOP 5 INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR A MEDICAL SALES INTERVIEW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

GARRY in Indianapolis, Indiana

70 months ago

I HAVE A INTERVIEW COMING UP WITH A MEDICAL SALES COMPANY CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME THE TOP 5 INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR A MEDICAL SALES INTERVIEW. gldjohns@yahoo.com. THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Merilyn in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Hi I have an interview for a med rep job as well. Can you please send me the top 5 questions too... Also, would you know if they willa sk you to demonstrate how to sell the product? If so, what are the important aspects about the product that I should present when selling it?
Please email me at bblyn17@gmail.com

Thanks so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Strongsville, Ohio

69 months ago

I too am quite interested in this to[c along with the top 5 questions.

Ralph I went Ahead and logged onto you site.

Thank you!

Frank

iFinance.frank@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Madison in San Diego, California

69 months ago

I would love to get a copy of those top 5 sales questions. I am currently interviewing and it would be very beneficial. Thanks!

Madison in San Diego, California

69 months ago

Oops here is my email:

simi1313@msn.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bill in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Hello

I have an medical sales position interview upcoming and I have no sales experience. I currently work in healthcare. Does anyone have any advice for me or what to expect? Also, what are some questions that I should expect to be asked in the interview?

Thanks
Bill

email: bucsrule74@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lindy in Singapore, Singapore

69 months ago

hi... can advise me as well? Thanks!

hwee_keng@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Strongsville, Ohio

68 months ago

Ralph,

Thank you for prompt response and FREE booklet. This is really informative material that gives any serious canidate a realistic view and some great insite of answers to the many questions of a Medical Sales career. I wish I had this a few weeks ago.

Once again Ralph, Thank you. You have been very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

stop scamming in Iowa City, Iowa

68 months ago

stop trying to scam the F out off people. Everyone, you should not just send your resume to just anyone, this is one of the leading pieces of information in identity theft!!!!!!!!

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nwrz in Sudan

68 months ago

Connie in Aurora, Colorado said: TELL ME WHY YOU WANT TO SALE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT?

bec it is useful

nwrz in Sudan

68 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming medical sales representative interview?

cani i get these questions please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nichole Alosa in Bedford, New Hampshire

68 months ago

Ralph Steeber said: send me a copy of your resume and I will review and offer career advice and idea of what your chances might be.
I spent 30 years recruiting medical professionals for 1000s of healthcare companies and know what they look for.
Thanks, Ralph

I have been offered an interview for a medical sales posisiton. I had never previously considered the idea but a friend of mine has recently married and her new husband was so impressed with my organization and conversational skills that he wants me to interview with his distributorship. It is a division of Biomet. Would you mind sending me some sample questions and answers so I can prepare for my first interview? Thank you in advance for your time should you reply. My e-mail address is nicholeana@excite.com. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RSteeber in Wellington, Ohio

68 months ago

Hi Nichole, having a personal referral and recommendation puts you in the driver seat since 70% of the interview will be chemistry and personality. If your best friend's husband thinks you got what it takes that probably has been coveyed to the hiring manager,
BIG PLUS!

I'll send my complete ABCs of Medical Sales booklet to your personal email and you can review the basic questions and suggested answers. If it helps and gives you needed information I would appreciate positive comments left on this forum.

Regards and Good Luck, Ralph Steeber

pblawson2000 in Nashville, Tennessee

68 months ago

I would greatly appreciate the 5 sample questions and booklet also.

pblawson2000@yahoo.com

hanks

Linda Hertz in Thousand Oaks, California

68 months ago

Hello,

We have our tips on interviewing and resource links at our RecruitBUZZ Blog...all there for free and quick resourcing. Given the interest in this subject I will add a piece on interview questions most often asked. I was a Medical Device Sales Rep, Division Manager and RVP before I went into recruiting the past 4 years...so I have saved all the questions not only I asked as a hiring manager but the ones we trained our divisional managers upon as well. I will write up that specific Blog Article for publication next week.

You may find the resources we currenlty have on our blog to date also helpful. Hope this helps and stay tuned. Regards, Linda Hertz

Meesha in Marietta, Georgia said: I would love a copy of your booklet and sample questions too.

thomasmiker@yahoo.com

68 months ago

So sorry, but I did not put the direct link to our website...to find the RecruitBUZZ Blog....www.recruitbuzz.com Just hit the BuzzBlog Honey Comb portal to enter the Blog. You can also comment on the articles and etc. there as well.

Thanks!

Linda

Smudge in Arcadia, California

68 months ago

Looking for a careere change from clinical bedside/office work to sales/marketing etc (min exp in the latter though!)
Tips on where to seach/what to search to find high paying position in sales

newjobseeker in Braceville, Illinois

68 months ago

I have a ride along tomorrow for a sales representative job. I am not sure what to expect or what questions to ask. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. . .

68 months ago

Take a look at this link...recruitbuzz.com/blog/2008/03/26/beware-the-field-visit-is-part-of-the-interview-process/

It an article I wrote earlier this year; Ways to shine in the Field Visit as part of the Medical Interview process. I hope you find that helpful...again, if that link is giving you problems...just go to the RecruitBUZZ blog and hit the Interview series and you will find it among the articles.

Let me know if you find it helpful AFTER your ride-along tomorrow. Good luck!

Regards,

Linda

68 months ago

Since I did not address the questions to ask in a Field Visit and you are going out tomorrow...here are a few to ask the Sales Rep. you are traveling with and remember, this person is the eyes and ears to the manager, so ask questions in a manner that reflect that type of situation! I also suggest asking these questions after you have learned a little about their background (how long they have been with the company, where did they come from (btob, medicals sales and etc.).

What does it take to be the top sales representative with your company? How did you do it? (ie: key products to sell, which markets to hit first; Acute, LTC or which departments in the hospital for example). Person may also reveal key attributes of the sales person; good educator, aggressive closer and etc.,. If not, then ask:

Do you know a lot of the top key sales performers in your company? If they do, what do you feel they have in common that may contribute to their success from knowing them as a peer?

If they were to start a new territory within their same company, what would they do differently now vs. when they were new (if anything) and why?

What do you find to be the top three challenges in the sales field (ie; specific products, pricing, competition...things like this may come out).

Who do you feel are your top competitors and why? (ie: Is that due to the competitors products or the quality of the representation...or both or ....).

What type of Training does your firm offer? How effective did you find it when you went through training? (find out if they are a trainer now, then you can really ask specific questions). Another traning question, How could I best prepare myself for training BEFORE I attend the classes.

There is much more you can ask, but I guess I will save that for yet another article! I guess I better get busy!

Have a good one and hopes this helps you.

Regards,

Linda
www.recruitbuzz.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

raj patel in Jaipur, India

66 months ago

give me answer

Brookew in Washington, District of Columbia

66 months ago

dave in Wichita Falls, Texas said: Ralph...could i get those questions also.

Thanks

Dave

dmiles1@sw.rr.com

ralph could I also get those questions! Thanks, Brooke

Bwebber2@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paula Rutledge in Orlando, Florida

66 months ago

"Interview Resources for the Thoroughly Prepared Candidate in Medical Device"

We also offer a 24 page Medical Device Interview Prep Guide (free) online: www.legacymedsearch.com/candidate-services/LegacyMedSearchInterviewPrepResources.doc as well as a forum www.MedicalDeviceGuru.com which has nearly 5000 articles and resources specifically for the Medical Device industry.

Paula Rutledge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Akron, Ohio

64 months ago

Could I get a copy of interview questions that I should ask or anything that would help for a medical sales interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

betsygra in Napoleon, Ohio

64 months ago

Hi Ralph,

I am very interested in the medical rep field. Can you give me some tips? I have a BA in Business Admin and currently working on my MA. Becoming a medical rep seems really interesting and the thought of meeting people is fantastic as well. Thank you for all your help. If you can also tell me where I would start in pursuing this dream, that would be great.

Betsy Grahn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Brookew in Washington, District of Columbia said: ralph could I also get those questions! Thanks, Brooke

Bwebber2@gmail.com

Hello! I just posted a list of first interview questions along with my blog on the new MedRepCareers Resource page at www.medrepcareers.com or maybe the direct link will work to my article. I attached a Word Doc you can download the whole article with 21 + most often asked questions on a Medical Sales interview.

Enjoy!

medrepcareers.ning.com/forum/topics/top-interview-questions-for-a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jds479@yahoo.com in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

Ralph Steeber said: Hi Frank, send me your email address direct to rsteeber@medicalreps.com and I'll send you a FREE copy of my ABCs booklet of a Medical Sales Career which includes the top interview questions and much more as you explore a Medical Sales career.

Hi Ralph,
My name is Jamie and I was wondering if you would be able to email me that free booklet as well regarding the medical seales career interview questions.Thank you in advance for all of your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Peggy Mckee in Texas

62 months ago

Top questions:
Are you in the right location? Can you travel? Do you have the requirements? Do you have the BS degree, is it in the lifesciences (not always necessary)? What have you done to prepare for this type of opportunity (hint: don't say "nothing" - talk about sales books, ride alongs, information gathering interviews you have done or your technical background)? What are your strengths? weaknesses? Where do you want to be in 5 years? How do others describe you? Who would serve as your references? How do you handle conflict? What would you do...then they give you a tough sales scenario? The key here is to listen, clarify, answer and then ask how they would answer that question. You can learn a lot here. I have over 300 blog posts about medical/laboratory/healthcare sales, interviews, resumes and careers. Check it out: www.phcconsulting.com/WordPress

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lizy in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

62 months ago

Ralph,

could you share those informatives top 5 powerful questions to answer it will help me boz hopefully im expecting job interview 1 week from now. thanks in advance. please email to esaludaga@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lizy in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

62 months ago

pls email me ur top 5 questions to answer. thanks ralph.

esaludaga@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

My Blog Article with Down-load word document is on this network....currently 7 articles down (although the list changes as they feature new articles, but will be there within the Blog List). Hope this helps you: go to medrepcareers.ning.com/

Good luck..some other articles by others in the industry too that may help you.

Regards,

Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

truitt22@yahoo.com in Columbia, South Carolina

62 months ago

Could I get a copy of those five questions too?

Pam in Houston, Texas said: Could I possibly get the five questions? pblazek18@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

harikrishna in Hyderabad, India

61 months ago

hi
iam very itresteaded in medical rep field, can you give me some tips. i have a B.com (bachelor of commerce) my email id harimandha@yahoo.co.in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Meena in Glasgow, United Kingdom

60 months ago

I have got an interview on fir for a medical sales rep job. Is there any chance anyone can send me the top 5 question and answers in an interview?

Thank you

meenakapoor@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Meena in Glasgow, United Kingdom

60 months ago

I have got an interview on fri for a medical sales rep job. Is there any chance anyone can send me the top 5 question and answers in an interview?

Thank you

meenakapoor@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Fort Worth, Texas

58 months ago

There are alot of churches that are promoting skills to get a job....you might Google "Networking" for your city to see what pulls up. There's one church that I've been to that promotes Networking and they actually will video you so that you can do a practive interview so you can see how you would come across.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

skydream_xvii in Philippine, Philippines

55 months ago

I would like to hear their answers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I would like to hear the answers of other subscribers. Thank you!

55 months ago

Hi Sir Ralph..

I am very intrested to have a job as a medical representative. As a graduate of BS Nursing I think it is a good advantage that I have ideas about the medicines. I would just like to ask some help what are the common questions they ask during the interview and how can I sell myself so they can accept me on their company.. thank you & god bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.