Trying to break into the Medical/Dental Products sales industry.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

powerforpurpose@comcast.net in Franklin, Tennessee

66 months ago

I have a dermatologist created product line, from the most noted and quoted doctors in the industry, that is changing skin in dramatic ways. These products have OTC medicines with proven clinical results, especially in addressing the big problem of sun damage.We are expanding nationwide and are looking for individuals to get these amazing products out there. Interested, contact me for more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HT09 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

66 months ago

powerforpurpose@comcast.net in Franklin, Tennessee said: I have a dermatologist created product line, from the most noted and quoted doctors in the industry, that is changing skin in dramatic ways. These products have OTC medicines with proven clinical results, especially in addressing the big problem of sun damage.We are expanding nationwide and are looking for individuals to get these amazing products out there. Interested, contact me for more information.

I read your reply to my post and I am interested in learning more of this opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

powerforpurpose@comcast.net in Franklin, Tennessee

66 months ago

It would probably be easier to talk over the phone to explain how that works. Is this possible?

DAP09 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

66 months ago

I'm graduating this spring with a Business degree and would like something in the Oklahoma City area about possible medical/dental sales. Any suggestions?

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee

66 months ago

DAP09 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I'm graduating this spring with a Business degree and would like something in the Oklahoma City area about possible medical/dental sales. Any suggestions?

I am not sure if you saw my other blog, but I have a dermatologist created product line, from the most noted and quoted doctors in the industry, that is changing skin in dramatic ways. These products have OTC medicines with proven clinical results, especially in addressing the big problem of sun damage.We are expanding nationwide and are looking for individuals to get these amazing products out there. Interested, contact me for more information.

65 months ago

DAP09 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I'm graduating this spring with a Business degree and would like something in the Oklahoma City area about possible medical/dental sales. Any suggestions?

I would love to expand my business in Oklahoma city if you are interested. Please contact me for more information. Thanks.

Jineen in Saint Louis, Missouri

65 months ago

I have a Masters Degree in Administration with a background in Teaching. I have around 3 years of experiance in the sales industry. I have worked in the travel industry, telecommunication devices, and cookware. I trying to tap into the medical industry, I live in Lancaster, CA. I am more interested in working as an independent sales representative. Who should I contact??? What questions should I ask???

65 months ago

Jineen in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have a Masters Degree in Administration with a background in Teaching. I have around 3 years of experiance in the sales industry. I have worked in the travel industry, telecommunication devices, and cookware. I trying to tap into the medical industry, I live in Lancaster, CA. I am more interested in working as an independent sales representative. Who should I contact??? What questions should I ask???

You can email me your contact information to powerforpurpose@comcast.net and I will contact you to tell you about the job. Thanks.

Kerry Consultant in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

64 months ago

HT09 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I have 18 years of sales, marketing and prject management experience mainly in the building and construction products industry. I am trying to network with those that can help me get a foot in the door. I have had no luck whatsover. I hold a BS in Business with double majors in Marketing and Management and I have local, regional and national sales experience. I think, like many that are on this site, that my credentials will qualify me for a position in these industries. Any advice is appreciated.....

Here is a thought for you. You may want to try a company like Dentsply by going to Dentsply.com They have a Tulsa branch. It is inside sales on the phone but it is not your typical telemarketing. They are on the phones a lot doing dental consulting with dentist and managers but the training is good and could be a foundation that can help you get what you are looking for. Maybe. It is just a thought. The atmosphere is good and friendly with adults not teens. It may take you 2 to 3 years of doing that before another major surgical sales will even talk to you. Again there are no guarantees. It is a good company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Hertz in Thousand Oaks, California

64 months ago

HT09 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I have 18 years of sales, marketing and prject management experience mainly in the building and construction products industry. I am trying to network with those that can help me get a foot in the door. I have had no luck whatsover. I hold a BS in Business with double majors in Marketing and Management and I have local, regional and national sales experience. I think, like many that are on this site, that my credentials will qualify me for a position in these industries. Any advice is appreciated.....

I came from building construction background with Armstrong Floors many years ago and did it back when women were not hired...I did it, you can do it. You can go directly to my blog articles concerning this or probably better yet join the new MedRepCareers Business Network: medrepcareers.ning.com/ and sign up for a free account and network with others who have done it too. Good Articles posted by several people on this topic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kerry Consultant in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

64 months ago

I have a suggestion. You may want to try being a sales person for a builder. I have done that before. You may be able to make about 50k to 60k and if you really have the skills you can go higher. You have the sales exp. and lots of product knowledge. If you are in Tulsa there are lots of builders. #1 go the Home Builders Association office or call and ask for a list of all the builders based on how many homes they sold last year. Pick one or two and ask for the builder himself or sales manager. #2 Tell them what you have been doing in sales and you want to sale homes for them. # 3 you do not need a license to sell because the builder has the license and you are under them. Don't get caught up in the 3%. That does not matter. If they say 3 fine but 2 will do. Careful though It may be straight commission. Many builders will do a draw or up front salary before you sell anything. this can work. Realtors tell people they make 3% but they have to split with a brker 60/40 or 55/45 etc. That really means they only get about 1.5 or 2 % and they have to drive all over the city and pay for expenses. A builder has a nice beautiful model and all you have to do is wait for them to come. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HT09 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for yor input. I disagree with you regarding the dental rep position as far as being unethical and unprofessional. I know a few people in the industry and have ridden along on sales calls and find them no different than those in the pharmaceutical/medical fields.

The dental industry is a much smaller industry than that of the pharmaceutical and medical industry and the turnover is much lower and positions are typically filled within the industry. I know this because I have become friends with 2 managers of different companies in the field and as such, I have learned a great deal about the dynamics of the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kanoun in Modesto, California

63 months ago

I have an open position for Dental sales, its commission based let me know if you are interested to talk about this opportunity.
Email me at kanounclaude@aol.com

jJim Mashore Mashoresales@aol.com in Edmond, Oklahoma

61 months ago

Can you offer words on how to proceed,My wife and I would like to become independent representatives in the medical field. We are successfull representatives in the furniture business.

Joe in Rego Park, New York

61 months ago

Hello there,

We are looking for a MT (Medical Transcript) sales person. And is offering a 10% on the sale residual income. If you are interested email us at sales(at)zippytranscripts.com. You can be located anywhere in the US, the boundaries are not of concern.

Look forward to your resume.

Regards,

Joe

Alucas7777 in Aubrey, Texas

60 months ago

Hi,

Do you know of any open dental sales positions in the Dallas Metroplex? I have 4 years of outside sales experience and am looking to break into the dental industry.

Thanks so much,

Amanda

HT09 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Thank you for taking the time to reply and for yor input. I disagree with you regarding the dental rep position as far as being unethical and unprofessional. I know a few people in the industry and have ridden along on sales calls and find them no different than those in the pharmaceutical/medical fields.

The dental industry is a much smaller industry than that of the pharmaceutical and medical industry and the turnover is much lower and positions are typically filled within the industry. I know this because I have become friends with 2 managers of different companies in the field and as such, I have learned a great deal about the dynamics of the industry.

JH in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

powerforpurpose@comcast.net in Franklin, Tennessee said: I have a dermatologist created product line, from the most noted and quoted doctors in the industry, that is changing skin in dramatic ways. These products have OTC medicines with proven clinical results, especially in addressing the big problem of sun damage.We are expanding nationwide and are looking for individuals to get these amazing products out there. Interested, contact me for more information.

Could you please send me more information?

JH in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

Joe in Rego Park, New York said: Hello there,

We are looking for a MT (Medical Transcript) sales person. And is offering a 10% on the sale residual income. If you are interested email us at sales(at)zippytranscripts.com. You can be located anywhere in the US, the boundaries are not of concern.

Look forward to your resume.

Regards,

Joe

Could you please send me more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Franklin, Tennessee

48 months ago

JH in Orlando, Florida said: Could you please send me more information?

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Is there any specific information you are looking for? Basically this position is for the go-getter! It can be very lucrative for the right person. If you consider yourself to be a go-getter and one who dreams BIG, then I would like to talk more with you. These doctors are expanding this company rapidly and we would like to have more help. Please let me know if you are interested. thanks.

BR in Clayton, North Carolina

47 months ago

I have 20+ years in the data-com/securuty industry. I recentyl mofver fron the NYC metro area andlooking for a Bus/Dev position or Major Account Mgr position inthe Raleigh area. I have founs any Head hunter worth their salt. Can anybody give some help. Thx BR

JH in Orlando, Florida

47 months ago

Denise in Franklin, Tennessee said: Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Is there any specific information you are looking for? Basically this position is for the go-getter! It can be very lucrative for the right person. If you consider yourself to be a go-getter and one who dreams BIG, then I would like to talk more with you. These doctors are expanding this company rapidly and we would like to have more help. Please let me know if you are interested. thanks.

Yes I have an interest.

Samantha in Ashburn, Virginia

4 months ago

Kerry Consultant in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Here is a thought for you. You may want to try a company like Dentsply by going to Dentsply.com They have a Tulsa branch. It is inside sales on the phone but it is not your typical telemarketing. They are on the phones a lot doing dental consulting with dentist and managers but the training is good and could be a foundation that can help you get what you are looking for. Maybe. It is just a thought. The atmosphere is good and friendly with adults not teens. It may take you 2 to 3 years of doing that before another major surgical sales will even talk to you. Again there are no guarantees. It is a good company.

Really?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.