Will I get an interview with no outside sales but a degree in Health Science?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Anita in San Diego, California

60 months ago

I'm re-entering the work force after a few years off. I have a degree in B.S. Health Science but no outside sales experience, although I have a lot of recruiting experince.

Do I stand a chance of getting an interview for any durable goods positions in medical or dental sales or am I wasting my time sending out resumes? Should I take that MANSR program (not sure of the spelling) Will that help? Is it a scam? Any advice would be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Spokane, Washington

60 months ago

Anita in San Diego, California said: I'm re-entering the work force after a few years off. I have a degree in B.S. Health Science but no outside sales experience, although I have a lot of recruiting experince.

Do I stand a chance of getting an interview for any durable goods positions in medical or dental sales or am I wasting my time sending out resumes? Should I take that MANSR program (not sure of the spelling) Will that help? Is it a scam? Any advice would be great

It's NAMSR. I took the class and it has not helped me one bit.

Anita in Carlsbad, California

60 months ago

Kelly-

DO you think that the class is a gimick/scam? Have you gotten any leads through their program?

Thanks.

CC in Mishawaka, Indiana

59 months ago

Anita in Carlsbad, California said: Kelly-

DO you think that the class is a gimick/scam? Have you gotten any leads through their program?

Thanks.

Did you take the program? I am highly considering the program but am unsure if it's a waste of time and money. Please let me know how it was if you did take it. Thanks!

Anita in Carlsbad, California

59 months ago

CC in Mishawaka, Indiana said: Did you take the program? I am highly considering the program but am unsure if it's a waste of time and money. Please let me know how it was if you did take it. Thanks!

Hi. I decided against taking the program as I am highly skeptical. If you go on to their website and take the little "see how you qualify" test, you realize that there isn't much there.

I decided to go a different route and get out side sales experience even if it isn't in the field where I eventually want to be. I think that this will give me a better jumping off point as a proven track record seems to be the most important thing that we can do for ourselves.

The program may have some merit if you are doing it during the time you are working in other outside sales so that when you are ready to make the transistion, you are truly ready.

My opinion only but also as a fromer recruiter!

Good luck.

Kelly in Spokane, Washington

59 months ago

Anita in Carlsbad, California said: Kelly-

Thanks.

I have been told to take it OFF my resume by a medical manager. It is a waste of money. No leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.