On-line certifiction at NAPSRx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 52)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

RMathews in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

Will this certification help at all in landing a pharma job or is it a waste of time and money? Curious to know if anyone has seen this ad or completed the course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

I took the NAPSRx course several years ago and it helped me get into a career with Pfizer. My sister-in-law also obtained her CNPR and now works for Eli Lilly in Lansing MI. It helped me because I did not have any formal pharmacology training or knowledge of pharamceutical sales. The NAPSRx training is very thorough and you will find quite a few jobs in the Career Center. I recommend the course to anyone who asks me for help with trying to break into the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Indianapolis, Indiana

83 months ago

I highly recommend the CNPR Training by the NAPSRx to anyone looking to break into pharmaceutical sales. I took the course at a University and it was very helpful. I work in pharma sales and I know my company advertises with the NAPSRx in their Career Center. From the pharma company point of view when they look at entry level reps, is that they look for sales ability or experience and a pharmacology/science background. The NAPSRx with the CNPR training definetly provides those skill sets.
Karen, Eli Lilly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephan in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

I took the CNPR training course and it was great. I was wanting to break into pharmaceutical sales and had little knowledge of the medical/pharmacology industry. I was referred to the NAPSRX CNPR training by a friend who is pharmaceutical sales rep from INNOVEX. The CNPR course, which I took correspondence, provided me with the pharmacology, medical and regulations that all reps work with. The industy is very technical and the physicians expect you to know what is going on. I was at the top of my training class and am know excelling by utilizing my education. However, you must realize that the pharma companies look for a combination of sales ability and being able to comprehend medical, scientific information. I also have good sales ability which impressed my company. Good luck to all, and also study the STAR interview questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tamika in Suisun City, California

82 months ago

This is very helpful because I was very skeptical of taking this course, but with this new found knowledge I feel more comfortable that it will help me. Should this also help for someone seeking to enter the to be a medical device rep?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in West Palm Beach, Florida

82 months ago

I took the NAPSRX CNPR training course back in 2003 and it helped me find my first pharmaceutical sales job with Watson Pharmaceuticals. I can honestly tell you that pharma companies look for some pharmacology/medical education when they look at fresh new candidates/applicants. I recommend the course to anyone who asks me about breaking into the pharma industry. I am now a hiring manager and look for the CNPR training in resumes. Do not get me wrong, I still want someone who call sell and has sales ability, but I also need someone who can communicate with the physicians. The CNRP training program is specific to the pharmaceutical industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fran - Recruiter in Cheshire, Connecticut

80 months ago

I am a pharmaceutical recruiter looking for CNPR graduates to fill pharmaceutical sales openings in the Northeast. My pharmaceutical client is seeking the CNPR Training with some sales experience and some college. Please email if you have the above at rxstaff0117@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Bardstown, Kentucky

80 months ago

What is the difference between the CNPR online course and exam for $239 directly through the NAPSR website or taking the course from a University that says it is CNPR training from NAPSR? The university classes seem to be online also and is $1200. It mentions that you have upto 6 months to complete and 120 hours. The $239 class says about 60-70 hours to complete. I have the B2B sales experierence and a BS degree, but no medical background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Christi in Lemont, Illinois

80 months ago

It is the same course whether you take it at a college or through the NAPSRX. It just comes down to the student choice on whether they want to take it in a classroom setting or by correspondence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Megan-P in Naples, Florida

78 months ago

I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tyler in Whitestown, Indiana

77 months ago

My name is Tyler. I will be graduating from the University of South Carolina this summer and my dream job is to become a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep. Both of my uncles, who I am very close with, are both upper level Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Reps out west in Utah. They both have been mentoring me for the last year to get me into the field and that is why I will be a CNPR graduate by May. I know you are looking for individuals that are already graduates, but I am a very driven individual and there is no doubt in my mind that I will be a CNPR graduate by the end of May. Both of my uncles now work for Abbott Laboratories which according to them doesn't really have an entry level program, so when we were going over their list of recommended Pharmaceutical companies to work for, both of them had GlaxoSmithKline as their top pick for me. So that is where I am going to start my search. I would really appreciate you taking a look at my resume/cover letter and would really love a chance to speak with you about any opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Megan-P in Naples, Florida

77 months ago

Most of our new reps have taken the CNPR course by correspondence. As long as the applicants have the pharmacology knowledge and the pharmaceutical sales training education from the CNPR program it really does not make a difference in the hiring process how the applicant received the training. Good luck with your search and we look forward to receiving your application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Lima, Ohio

76 months ago

RMathews in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Will this certification help at all in landing a pharma job or is it a waste of time and money? Curious to know if anyone has seen this ad or completed the course.

Hi, I just finished this course. I have mixed feelings on this. I have an interview with a company in a couple of weeks and the recruiter was impressed with the fact that I took the initiative to learn all that I could. She was not neccessarily impressed with the class itself.
Now, as for my personal experience with the course. While I was reading through the book I was surprised at how many typos there were...for being in its 9th or 10th edition...really poor editing.
I had an interview with a DM a few weeks ago and he asked me a question and I based my answer on what I had read in the book...apparently it would have been a good answer, had the laws not changed to make what I said impossible to even attempt. Plus, most pharma people I speak with don't even know what this is.
If you do the class, don't bother with the supreme package...I e-mailed my resume and cover letter more than a month ago and they won't respond. Everytime I had a problem they never would respond and it was difficult to get anyone on the phone. I will say that the magazine they offer is worth the money though. I find it very interesting and useful. Basically if you want to have something to put down on your resume, pay the 40 bucks or whatever to take the test and I'd be glad to sell my book to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rob S. in Rensselaer, Indiana

76 months ago

I also just finished the CNPR correspondence course and I thought it was pretty thorough. My pharmacology and medical background was fairly limited so I definitely needed the pharmaceutical sales training that was provided. I did see one typo in the back of the manual but it look was more of a spacing issue more than anything. I have obtained 2 recent interviews because of the training but have not been offered a position as of today.
I am hoping to hear back from other companies and recruiters soon. I did a phone interview with a recruiter yesterday who felt that the pharmacology training will help quite a bit. For me the CNPR training is helping me get the interviews that I was lacking, and the main reason is because I did not have pharmacology/medical education. The recruiter I talked to on the phone was impressed that I now know PhRMA selling regulations, as well as drug sampling laws which was cover in the training. The CNPR program will help open the doors for interviews but the companies still want you to prove to them that you can sell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Fenton, Michigan

75 months ago

AJ in Lima, Ohio said: Hi, I just finished this course. I have mixed feelings on this. I have an interview with a company in a couple of weeks and the recruiter was impressed with the fact that I took the initiative to learn all that I could. She was not neccessarily impressed with the class itself.
Now, as for my personal experience with the course. While I was reading through the book I was surprised at how many typos there were...for being in its 9th or 10th edition...really poor editing.
I had an interview with a DM a few weeks ago and he asked me a question and I based my answer on what I had read in the book...apparently it would have been a good answer, had the laws not changed to make what I said impossible to even attempt. Plus, most pharma people I speak with don't even know what this is.
If you do the class, don't bother with the supreme package...I e-mailed my resume and cover letter more than a month ago and they won't respond. Everytime I had a problem they never would respond and it was difficult to get anyone on the phone. I will say that the magazine they offer is worth the money though. I find it very interesting and useful. Basically if you want to have something to put down on your resume, pay the 40 bucks or whatever to take the test and I'd be glad to sell my book to you.

Jay from Flint, MI
Please send "me" the book. I am trying to break into the industry. I sure could use the help without spending all that money as you advised. I've been talking with my Pharmaceutical Rep friends and I'm convinced this is the career path I need to take. Lets talk email me right away! ej.k@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alfonsno in Montclair, California

75 months ago

Hi Megan from GSK, do you have a GSK email where I can email you my resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Saint Louis, Missouri

75 months ago

Pam in Houston, Texas said: I want to hear from someone who not only received an interview from the CNPR class but received a job.

I obtained my CNPR and now work for KV Pharmaceutical as a pharmaceutical sales rep. Let me know if I can help.

Jerome in Eureka, Illinois

75 months ago

I obtained my CNPR Training in 2003 and also went to work for KV Pharmaceutical. However, I left KV Pharma and went to work for Eli Lilly in 2005. KV Pharma was a great place to start but after 2 years it was time for me to go work in Big Pharma. KV did have some issues that I did not care for, but I will leave it at that. I love my job and the pharmaceutical industry. I plan on working in pharmaceutical sales for a long time.

Tami in El Dorado Hills, California

75 months ago

Bill in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I took the NAPSRx course several years ago and it helped me get into a career with Pfizer. My sister-in-law also obtained her CNPR and now works for Eli Lilly in Lansing MI. It helped me because I did not have any formal pharmacology training or knowledge of pharamceutical sales. The NAPSRx training is very thorough and you will find quite a few jobs in the Career Center. I recommend the course to anyone who asks me for help with trying to break into the industry.

I signed up for the course last year and then backed out because I do not have a 4 year degree and was worried that I would not be able to get employed, even though I have 18 years in sales. Do you have a 4 year degree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tami in El Dorado Hills, California

75 months ago

Fran - Recruiter in Cheshire, Connecticut said: I am a pharmaceutical recruiter looking for CNPR graduates to fill pharmaceutical sales openings in the Northeast. My pharmaceutical client is seeking the CNPR Training with some sales experience and some college. Please email if you have the above at rxstaff0117@hotmail.com

Do you hire entry level people without a 4 year degree, that have extensive outside sales background?

Eileen in Scottsdale, Arizona

75 months ago

I have many years sales experience in the real estate industry in Phoenix, AZ and looking into a career change into pharmaceutical sales. I have no pharmaceutical experience but do have a BSBA. I have been sending resumes for about two months but no interviews. I'm thinking of taking the CNPR training and appreciate all the good advice. If anyone can provide any other tips, I'd appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

an in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

[QUOTE who="AJ I find it very interesting and useful. Basically if you want to have something to put down on your resume, pay the 40 bucks or whatever to take the test and I'd be glad to sell my book to you.

Do you still have the book? I'm might try to do just as you said

Dave Anderson in Cincinnati, Ohio

73 months ago

I see that you are willing to evaluate another persons resume regarding whther or not NAPSR is necessary, can you evaluate mine also?

Dave Anderson

Ralph Steeber said: send your resume to me and I'll give you opinion on chances with or without CNPR.
Regards,
Ralph Steeber
Medicalreps.com
rsteeber@medicalreps.com

Kim in Crystal Lake, Illinois

73 months ago

I'm wondering if taking the class at a university is worth the money or if I should just buy the package through NAPSRx site. Also, is the membership through them worth it? Thanks.

jdIII in Birmigham, Alabama

72 months ago

I have received the manual and am studying for the the exam. How tough is the exam and how much does the quizzes help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Andre in Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

Michelle in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I obtained my CNPR and now work for KV Pharmaceutical as a pharmaceutical sales rep. Let me know if I can help.

Hi Michelle,

I am trying to get into the industry and any info would help.
Please email all2ae@hotmail.com

Thanks

Jesus K in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Im trying desperately to get into the pharmaceutical sales industry, I am prepared to buy the course but how fast can one complete the 60-70 hours of the course itself? I'm looking to try to get a job asap. I would appreciate another person's perspective someone who either has completed the course or someone who has experience working/hiring new sales reps. Any insight would be helpful!
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

INETTA in COLUMBIA, South Carolina

70 months ago

I am in Sales with Verizon Wireless (employed over 7 years), with a proven track record of success. I also dabble in real estate. However, I am interested in getting a job in pharmaceutical sales. What options do I have besides the CPNR training? Thanks for your help. Great blog!

Kimberly in Berwick, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Hello All,
I have multiple openings for pharma sales reps in multiple states.
If you meet the requirements below, please contact me at
kim@larotonda-associates.com for more detail.

Must have earned a 4-year degree (Prefer business related degree)

Must have had a GPA of 2.75 or higher.

Must be in current job at least 1 year.

Must have no gaps in employment history.

Must be currently employed. No exceptions!

Must have 2 - 5 years of successful outside business-to-business, pharmaceutical, consumer or industrial sales experience. Must have documentation of sales successes. Must have President's Club or top 10% designation.

abigail markham in Nashville, Tennessee

68 months ago

What can you recommend for those of us who have every qualification except for the multiple years in an outside business sales position?

Forrest Harris

67 months ago

I've spent the past few years in a few different sales jobs and the past year selling health/life insurance. I've been rewarded by my company with cruises and cash bonuses for my personal production and have remained the top seller in my branch. The problem is, I hate selling insurance!
How would any of you recommend the best way of getting into pharmaceutical sales? Where would you start and what is the very best route now that you're through and in your careers as pharm sales reps? I just don't even know where to begin!

aman in Taylor, Michigan

66 months ago

what kind of sales experience is required?

Naive in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

66 months ago

Tyler in Whitestown, Indiana said: My name is Tyler. I will be graduating from the University of South Carolina this summer and my dream job is to become a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep. Both of my uncles, who I am very close with, are both upper level Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Reps out west in Utah. They both have been mentoring me for the last year to get me into the field and that is why I will be a CNPR graduate by May. I know you are looking for individuals that are already graduates, but I am a very driven individual and there is no doubt in my mind that I will be a CNPR graduate by the end of May. Both of my uncles now work for Abbott Laboratories which according to them doesn't really have an entry level program, so when we were going over their list of recommended Pharmaceutical companies to work for, both of them had GlaxoSmithKline as their top pick for me. So that is where I am going to start my search. I would really appreciate you taking a look at my resume/cover letter and would really love a chance to speak with you about any opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline!

Yeah, lets not show our ignorance here guys. Don't you find it odd that the email address is not a GSK email address. This person, along with the rest claiming to be hiring managers looking for people with this certification are obviously just pumping the product. Try thinking a little companies tend to require thought as a requisite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

laroto in Berwick, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Requires outside, business-to-business sales. Does not necessarily have to be within the pharmaceutical industry. Just need a strong sales background.

Sarah in San Rafael, California

66 months ago

AJ in Lima, Ohio said: Hi, I just finished this course. I have mixed feelings on this. I have an interview with a company in a couple of weeks and the recruiter was impressed with the fact that I took the initiative to learn all that I could. She was not neccessarily impressed with the class itself.

I see this posting is 10 months old, however do you still have the book?

Sarah in San Rafael, California

66 months ago

Tami in El Dorado Hills, California said: Do you hire entry level people without a 4 year degree, that have extensive outside sales background?

I have been is sales for about 10 years, I don't have a four year degree. Would I be even consider for the position, if I took the CNPR class?

laroto in Shickshinny, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Sarah in San Rafael, California said: I have been is sales for about 10 years, I don't have a four year degree. Would I be even consider for the position, if I took the CNPR class?

Unfortunately, the hiring company that I'm working with requires the 4yr degree. Otherwise, it would work to move forward.

Bri in Manhattan Beach, California

65 months ago

Ralph Steeber said: Not having a four year degree trumps everything. CNPR or not wouldn't help in 99% of the casess.

Hi Ralph,

I have a 4 year degree in Journalism and Comm (graduated in 03 with a 3.30 GPA) but no b2b sales experience, what I do have is experience building accounts and increasing revenue/business for the marketing agencies which I have been working with, my accounts were Cisco Systems, Toyota and Mazda. I have experience selling consumer marketing programs, which involved a lot of strategy as well as managing the programs. I have a great talent in building relationships with my clients and through those relationships getting them to spend more money with our company...

If I took the CNPR course would I stand a chance in securing a pharma sales position? Or do I absolutely need b2b sales experience?

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amanda in Scottsdale, Arizona

63 months ago

Hello, I have been considering a position in pharmaceutical sales for almost 2 years now. I found it was difficult to enter without any sales experience so I took another sales job close to a year ago. I am starting my search for pharma rep positions once again. I am looking for someone in this field to maybe take a few minutes to talk to me about their position in this field. What I can expect during the interviewing/hiring process, how to prepare, and what a day in the life of a pharma sales rep is like! It would be really helpful to me if anyone has a moment. Email would be the best way to reach me, amandajeanm@yahoo.com.
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nsb318 in Canton, Michigan

63 months ago

Hello - I am looking to make a career move into pharmaceuticals. However I have no sales experience or pharmaceutical experience. I plan on taking the CNPR training course to give me an advantage in this industry. I do however have over 10 years of procurement experience for a fortune 500 company along with a B.S. in Organizational Management. If anyone can give some advice I'd certainly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Ballwin, Missouri

63 months ago

I would certainly obtain your CNPR. The CNPR Certification is for individuals trying to get into pharmaceutical sales but lack formal pharmacology education and training. My sister is a CNPR and now works for Astellas.

estherguas in Orlando, Florida

58 months ago

Megan-P in Naples, Florida said: I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

Hello, I have been working as a pharmacy technician for 5 years now, I am certified and I will be returning to school in January to obtain my AA followed by Bachelors..My question is if I take and pass the CNPR certification exam do you think it is possible that I may be able to break into a pharma sales position prior to completion of my degree?

looker in Las Vegas, Nevada

55 months ago

how is a pharma sales rep
better than a medical sales rep?
and vice versa?
thank you for your reply in advance..

Clifford Martin in Jacksonville, Florida

50 months ago

If anyone still have your book, please send me an email. I will purchas it.
cliffordmartinjr@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SAIID in Lake Worth, Florida

50 months ago

What percentage of companies hiring these positions require a 4 yr degree ?
Are there many if any that regularly hire folks with numerous yrs of sales exp without a 4 yr degree.
I am thinking about getting CNPR Cert but wonder if it will be a waste of time for me as I dont have a degree but I have been selling B2B and to the Govt for yrs.

countryrockstar in Smyrna, Georgia

48 months ago

Hello,

I'm interested in buying the CNPR training manual from anyone who might have bought in the last the 6 months or less. If you're interested in selling it please let me know, i like to buy it from you. email me at countryrockstar@live.com. Make sure you put in the subject line CNPR Training/Course manual or you can reply to this post and i will hit you up, thank you.

Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAPE in Kansas City, Missouri

34 months ago

I am confident that I possess the skills and attributes necessary for the field of Pharmaceutical sales. With the knowledge I have gained in my scientific cancer drug research and in the hospital/medcial offices as a medical student, I believe I would be successful in this field. Currently I have about 2 years of sales experience, and I would strongly consider entry level to mid-level pharmaceutical sales positions. I currently do not possess a CNPR certification, but I learn things very quickly and would be willing to get one for the job. I posess a current drivers license with a very good driving record.

I have about 4-5 years of experience in drug research and design, a chemistry degree and have been in medical school for 2 years ( but am now looking for a career change). Which has provided me with pharmacology and time spent with physcians in the hospital and clinic setting. Would I be a good candidate without cnpr certification?

Jade in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

if anyone has a used manual, quizzes, and test and would like to sell please email me @ jadefarbiarz@yahoo.com.

Thomas

25 months ago

Bill in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I took the NAPSRx course several years ago and it helped me get into a career with Pfizer. My sister-in- law also obtained her CNPR and now works for Eli Lilly in Lansing MI. It helped me because I did not have any formal pharmacology training or knowledge of pharamceutical sales. The NAPSRx training is very thorough and you will find quite a few jobs in the Career Center. I recommend the course to anyone who asks me for help with trying to break into the industry.

Did you have any other degree before you went to this school? i have been in sales for 10 years really want to break in to this field but evey where i look online says BA degree is required.

So are you saying get a BA then take this as well? or is there a college i can go to just for Medical Sales and get a BA with them?

I fou could reply to me by e-mail that would be great tomaceo1983@gmail.com

Jackie in Hialeah, Florida

24 months ago

Hello to all. Wondering if the training manual would be sufficient to prep for the exam. Can someone please answer the best to your knowledge.

Thank you.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »