can you take online classes in social work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

brooks628 in Muskegon, Michigan

67 months ago

wanting to know if you can take social work classes online if you have never worked in the field before?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ali7020 in Lyons, New York

65 months ago

yes. there are some you can take online, but nont many. however you cannot recieve a social work degree completly online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brownswann in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

Valdosta State Univ. in GA has a MSW program online and every other weekend combination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cyulove in Cordova, Tennessee

64 months ago

Try University of Tennessee at Knoxville...

They have a good online program!

It's especially good, if you want to work on the clinical side!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NVentour in Brooklyn, New York

62 months ago

It's depends on the state that you're in. NY does not license online SW degrees. Check your state licensing board to determine if it's accepted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gracie in Schenectady, New York

62 months ago

Since Social Work is a field where you need to get experience interacting with people, there are no programs where you can get a degree fully on line. You might consider a weekend program, which is what I did. If you are in the Northeast--Springfield College has an excellent program. It is where I graduated. After you get your degrees, there are a number of continuing educaiton course you can do on line thrug NASW and in this state NY (OASIS) for substance abuse services, as well as many others.

Gracie in Schenectady, New York

62 months ago

PS Springfield College is located in Springfield Massachusetts. When I went there, they had a 2-3 days weekday prorgram as well as a 2-3 day weekend program, which were both considered Full-time (for financial aid purposes). It is a total of 60 credit hours for a Masters Degree. I believe they also have BSW programs.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.