part time per diem work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jan in Providence, Rhode Island

78 months ago

I have been a social worker for 25 years in the child welfare and developmental disability fields. I am looking at relocating to Florida and working part time. I have heard that medical social work is an area that social workers can be paid by the assessment when working for home health agencies. Does anyone have any experience with this, and what type of courses might you suggest to increase knowledge in this field? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gracie in Schenectady, New York

76 months ago

I am a social worker and have been looking into the idea of part-time work. I did come across an agency called Gentiva who hires Per Diem Social workers. Check out some of the job search services for Florida and look a the hiring agencies. Then contact them.

I would also look into the local hospitals or Hospice organizations that hire Part-time or Per Diem workers. I see that many of the Home Care agencies are now using RN's, but sometimes they will hire Social workers for evaluations. I see that Hospitals sometimes needs Crisis workers or fill in Per Diem Social workers for weekend hours.

If you can find a service that looks for heathcare temp workers (oftenhiring RN's), but sometimes social workers--that can also be an option in larger populated areas.

Also check into Florida State or Federal--mostly VA's to see if they have anything part-time available. It seems like there will be more services for Vets as they come back from Iraz and Afghanistan. They have Adult Day Care programs. They also have some traveling programs to check in on housebound or Brain Injured Vets. I am not sure if these are part-time. But I also see private agencies that get VA contracts for home visit counseling for Vets and families.

Also, I have seen postings for part-time Social workers at privately run dialysis centers.

I hope this helps. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.