Medical Technologist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1583) - Start a Discussion

Faustina in California

Updated 14 months ago

Considering Move to Washington/Oregon from Cali. Salaries? - 1 Reply

Hi all, I have my CLS and MT(ASCP) from California, and I'm considering making a move up into Washington state or Oregon (or even Colorado). I...

Steven Pinheiro in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 15 months ago

Which States require CLS/MLS/MT license and cert.? - 3 Replies

So I have searched far and wide for this. So far I have not found a complete answer. My question, out of curiosity, is, "which states require CLS's...

Figuring Things Out in Olean, New York

Updated 15 months ago

ASCP broad question, I suppose. Advice. - 3 Replies

I suppose I am more here for advice than anything. I went and got an associates degree in biotechnology and then started my bachelor's in biotech. It...

itsmaddie in Bayonne, New Jersey

Might have made a mistake with the route I chose for ASCP

So, because I got my BS in Medical Laboratory Science overseas, I didn't really have any counselor or professor helping me with the application...

JenniferMLS in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 15 months ago

Use LabCE.com to predict if you'll pass ASCP - 3 Replies

In this thread, if you're willing, please share the scores you were getting on the LabCE.com exam simulator, and the official score you got on the...

Snam Snae in Los Angeles, California

Updated 15 months ago

Loma Linda University CLS Program - 111 Replies

Hi all, are there people that graduated from the LLU CLS program recenly? Would you mind telling me how are the classes (are they crazy hard?) and...

G. in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 15 months ago

Moving to California - 16 Replies

I've read about the difficulty of getting licensed in California, and I was hoping for a recommendation on how I should handle my situation. I...

V914 in Yonkers, New York

Updated 15 months ago

How much do entry-level Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technologists make in New York? - 58 Replies

I am interested in finding out how much i could expect to make as a Lab Tech if I graduate with a Bachelors in Medical Technology, and get certified...

WonderingScientist in Knoxville, Tennessee

Will it be worth it to apply to the Medical Technologist Program?? Tennessee in particular

Sorry for asking the same thing that I'm sure everyone else asks on here, but I am at a cross roads. I have been looking at jobs since I should be...

njbiodude in California

Updated 15 months ago

Does Medical Technology have a positive outlook within the next 4-5 years? - 53 Replies

I am a freshman in college who is planning to complete a degree in Medical Technology within the next 4 years. I was wondering what kind of advances...

jeeny in Lexington, Kentucky

Updated 15 months ago

Medical Technology Advanced Certificate after PhD Pharmacology - 9 Replies

Hello, Like many PhD graduates, I am unemployed with little hope of getting a job in industry. I have a Master's in chemistry as well, so I am...

jeeny in Lexington, Kentucky

Updated 15 months ago

suggestion for a Ph.D. getting ASCP certificate - 17 Replies

I have been reading this forum for a long time. I like this informative forum a lot. I have my Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences. I also had my BS...

Almost_there in San Pedro, California

Updated 15 months ago

Anybody knows CSUDH CLS program? - 13 Replies

I am checking CSUDH CLS program. I got a little confused. Can I only apply for the one year clinical part? Or I have to take the pre-clinical part...

Clinical Intern in SE, Michigan

Updated 16 months ago

Medical Technologist in Illinois - 1 Reply

What is the typical salary for a Medical Technologist in Illinois? Preferably in suburban areas. Are there a lot of healthcare facilities/hospitals?...

Smeagol in Orlando, Florida

Updated 16 months ago

Lab Politics - 7 Replies

I went from a doctor's office to a small hospital about a year ago. I like the work, I like my shift, but there seem to be so much scheming and...

Clinical Intern in SE, Michigan

Updated 16 months ago

Medical Tech Education - 1 Reply

I am interested in becoming a MT/MLT. However, im not sure what pathway to take. I already have a BS in an unrelated science field. Within that...

MT2013 in Texas

Updated 16 months ago

Failed at 1st MLT job - 18 Replies

Fresh out of school and you'd think I'd be ready to shine but my first experience was anything but successful. It was clear in my clinicals that I...

mspy in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 16 months ago

4+1 CLS Programs in the Midwest - 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm a third-year biochemistry major at a small college and I'm really interested in applying to CLS programs after finishing my...

Detroit MT in Fraser, Michigan

Moving to CA

Are there any medical technologists out there that regretted their move to California to work as a medical technologist? Was the move really worth...

njbiodude in California

Updated 17 months ago

Post your salary here Thread(Please be honest) - 284 Replies

i would like to start a thread where active (scientist/technologist) and (Techs) can post their salaries, and other information. This only applies to...

Asif in Oneonta, New York

Updated 17 months ago

H1B Visa for medical technologist? - 94 Replies

I am looking for employer who sponser me for H1b visa. I was done MS in Medical tachnology and Microbiology. I have 4 years of experience as lab...

Caitlin in Loveland, Ohio

Updated 17 months ago

Masters vs. Bachelors - 22 Replies

Is there an advantage in terms of pay and job opportunities for people who have a Masters in CLS over those who have a Bachelors?

Lex in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Moving to PA

Hey all, I'm very new to this forum and relatively new to the work force. Around March, maybe sooner, I'll be moving to PA from LA and from what I've...

DRHalpern in Daly City, California

Hospital tours for CLS candidate

My hospital affiliate panel interview for the CLS program at San Francisco State is mid-October, and I'm about to tour the hospitals. How do I make...

Vik Ramnarine in Mellvile, New York

Medical Technologist Positions

Positions available in Medical Technology available in the Nassau County and Suffolk County areas. 0+ experience. Please email updated resume to...

applicant in Davis, California

Updated 17 months ago

UC Irvine and UC Davis CLS training programs - 38 Replies

I am desperate for some feedback from someone who went through the CLS training program at either UC Davis or UC Irvine. What did you do on a...

jennifer221 in Los Angeles, California

Stressing out, Am I correct on this Medical technician route to CA MT?

I am about to graduate from a Medical Technologist MLT program here in California. I wish I would have known about doing all of my pre-reqs and...

Rob9091 in Whittier, California

MLT Transition to CLS in California

Hi Guys, I have been doing some research on the forums but can not seem to find a concrete answer. I am currently a student in an MLT program in...

Jospeh in Tacoma, Washington

Updated 17 months ago

ASCP MLT EXAM - 1 Reply

What is the passing strategy for ASCP MLT EXAM.Least amount of points a question can be worth is10.if I got 40 questions correct means pass?

njbiodude in California

Updated 18 months ago

Moving to California after getting CLS - 1 Reply

HI, I am enrolled in a CLS program in Wisconsin, which i might complete in spring 2018. The program has 12 months professional training component. I...

Inom in Thiensville, Wisconsin

Updated 18 months ago

is AAB MT certification good enough to get entry level job in clinical lab? - 4 Replies

I am a PhD in Biological Sciences and want to make a shift towards clinical side. I have 8+ years of Lab/research experience, but non clinical. So my...

FrenchPotatoes in Miami Beach, Florida

Shadowing in Miami-Dade County

Hello, I am looking for a physician to shadow in Miami-Dade County. I currently live in Miami Beach and have access to a car, so transportation is...

James in Washington

Updated 18 months ago

MLS Curriculum - 1 Reply

I am a freshman in college majoring in medical laboratory science. I have looked at the curriculums for various schools and they all differ a bit,...

akillusbe in Colton, California

Updated 18 months ago

Anyone accepted to the TTUHSC program for next year? - 39 Replies

Hi y'all! I will be attending TTUHSC's online CLS program starting in the Fall, and I am really excited to start the program! I wanted to see if...

MT Joy in Mount Airy, North Carolina

Updated 18 months ago

AMT IS WORTHLESS - 161 Replies

ASCP has the sole license in the state of new york, therefore you cannot work if someone has their AMT. How many other states will follow? Once the...

gem_ in Oklahoma

Updated 19 months ago

Masters in? - 3 Replies

Hello Everyone, I am now a working Medical technologist for a year now and I wanted to go to the next level in my education and get a master's...

Vandy in Irvine, California

Updated 19 months ago

anybody ever enrolled in CLS program at UCI? or has been invited for the interview this year? - 18 Replies

I am applying for CLS program at UCI this year. I took all the prerequest courses online because I am still working full-time as researcher. So I did...

Madhu in Morrisville, North Carolina

MLT vs clinical research

Hi I am in a dilemma of choosing either MLT or going into clinical research as CTRA. The only advantage is I have a diploma back from my home...

emma in Houston, Texas

CLS: finish 2 years program or an associate of science

Hi all. I want to transfer into MD Anderson school to get a bachelor. But I'm wondering which way is the best for me. My friend told me if I earned a...

MaryMaryQuite in Cleveland, Ohio

Whats the best way to study for ascp MLT? Any Book recommendation?

I am planning on taking my MLT exam again, i failed 6 weeks ago by 48 points and i am determined to pass this time. Last time i studied alot of MT...

Molly10 in Evanston, Illinois

Question about Evanston Hospital (Illinois) laboratory program

I have a question about Northshore Evanston Hospital laboratory program. For the clinical rotation, do you stay at the Evanston hospital or could...

septimawhishart in Massachusetts

Medical Mission Trip as Medical Technologist

Hi colleagues! Has anyone ever volunteered in a Medical Mission Trip as a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist/Phlebotomist? (eg. Doctors...

njbiodude in California

Updated 19 months ago

Regret OT - Going to CLS - 7 Replies

I have been a COTA for 9 months now and abhor it. I had doubts going in, while in school, during fieldwork (didn't enjoy it), and while working. I...

LC2016 in Texas

Updated 19 months ago

texas tech second degree cls program - 28 Replies

Is anybody graduated or in the Texas tech second degree cls program? If yes can I ask question about the program? There us a thread about phone...

Photogal57 in Jersey City, New Jersey

Updated 20 months ago

Salary for Traveling Medical Technologist - 111 Replies

I am looking into becoming a traveling medical technologist. I am wondering what the average pay is for a traveling medical tech is. Is $50/hr...

lucero in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 20 months ago

How to Become a Medical Technologist - 1 Reply

Hi everyone. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology and am interested in becoming a Medical Technologist. However, I've decided this after I entered...

ksmls in Prairie Village, Kansas

Updated 20 months ago

Does it ever both you? - 1 Reply

Dear Forum, I am an ASCP-certified MLS. I work in a esoteric testing reference lab. Many of my co-workers are not certified. They were able to...

Kirkwt in Wilmington, North Carolina

Updated 20 months ago

ASCP MT but no BS - 2 Replies

Is it possible anymore to find a MT position without a BS? Went back to school 20 years ago with a BA took the classes to get into a one year...

CLShopeful in San Clemente, California

CA limited CLS Toxicology License

I really want to open my own clinical toxicology lab. The money here is insane. I hear lab directors make $150k+ in California, and there are so...

ksmls in Prairie Village, Kansas

Updated 20 months ago

Is Medical Technology a good idea for me? - 1 Reply

After this past semester, my GPA is now a 2.96. Next semester I will be a Junior and will be applying to my clinical year at two different hospital...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.