Medical Technologist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1377) - Start a Discussion

John in Naperville, Illinois

Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi my name is John. I have graduated with my bachelors in medical technology last year from Rush University, and I'm currently working as a...

LabGuy1980 in Vineland, New Jersey

Updated 8 months ago

Studying for ASCP - 1 Reply

Anyone have any more study resources for the ASCP? Clinical-Labratory-Science-Resources

Better Luck in Troy, New York

Updated 8 months ago

Med Tech & Animal Testing - 13 Replies

I am 49 Years old and leaving the field of advertising which I find too unreliable as I get older. I am trying to decide between getting my bachelors...

Johnson1 in NYC, New York

Updated 9 months ago

Should we do as the physical therapists did and convert our designation to doctorates? - 6 Replies

Should we make all med tech programs a DCLS? How many of us got the MLS certification post-bachelors already? I would say half my class did when I...

Updated 9 months ago

Was the education worth it? - 4 Replies

I am looking for some general advice from those in the Med Tech field. A little bit about myself – I graduated in 2008 with a degree in biology....

bsmtnuevaecija in San Juan, Philippines

Updated 9 months ago

How do you get a CA license after passing the ASCPi exam???! - 12 Replies

I'm so confused! Anyone here who's done this thing already?

Malrd79 in Plainsboro, New Jersey

MLT to MLS requirements

Hi. Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I am just finishing up my MLT program and am planning on taking ASCP in the fall. I'm thinking...

MLS rules in America

Chicago Hospitals with pension

Does anyone know how to find out which hospitals in Chicago still have pension plans.

SoConfused in Dayton, Ohio

Moving to CA in 2 months, really confused about what to do for CLS?

Hello all. I am a laboratory manager with a BS in Biology and an MS in Microbiology. I am moving to San Diego in a couple months and would like to...

MovingToCA in Boise, Idaho

Moving to CA, Need some guidance

I know that this has been talked about to death. I have read the threads, but I still have some questions. My wife and I will be moving to...

h1b in California

Updated 9 months ago

AMT versus ASCP Certification - 402 Replies

I have been looking so many sites on job opportunities and wonders me why some vacancy announcements choosing as a requirement ASCP over AMT. I...

CLS Applicant 2014 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 9 months ago

Loma Linda University CLS Program - 137 Replies

Hi all, are there people that graduated from the LLU CLS program recenly? Would you mind telling me how are the classes (are they crazy hard?) and...

small mango in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 9 months ago

MLS and CLS interchangeability ? - 2 Replies

I'm in the process of completing a bachelor's in MLS. I was told that at my university they recently changed the name of the program from CLS to MLS...

proteus_mirabilis in Staten Island, New York

Updated 9 months ago

New York Presybterian - 2 Replies

just wondering if there is any body on these forum that works there..just have a few questions i like to ask you?

chris in New York, New York

Updated 9 months ago

new graduate medical technologist from NJ - job opportunities in CA - 59 Replies

Hello I will be a new graduate of a med tech program- 4 years of sciences+ 1 year of clinical rotations in a NAACLS and CLIA approved program. I...

Allie_MLS in the state of, New Jersey

Updated 9 months ago

How often do you draw blood in this field - 6 Replies

As the topic title says, I'm curious to find out how often do you draw patients blood in this field? The program I'm in requires all MT's to learn...

Allie_MLS in the state of, New Jersey

Updated 9 months ago

Getting a job as a new graduate? - 4 Replies

How hard is it to get a job as a new graduate in NJ/NY? Is the market saturated?

Updated 9 months ago

MT - MLT (ASCP) license - 2 Replies

I went to Hunter CUNY so I am not eligible to take the MT ASCP until I have 5 years experience. I found out that you need 3 years experience for MLT....

LC in San Luis Obispo, California

Starting a MLS/MT Online Study Group

What is the best way to do this? I want to start an online review and I have a Facebook group called ASCP MLS/MT Exam Study Group

Blu in New York, New York

Updated 9 months ago

Officially licensed in New York and California - 6 Replies

I graduated with a Bachelor of Science from CUNY College of Staten Island. So back in 2012 after passing my ASCP exam, I received my New York...

Blu in New York, New York

Updated 9 months ago

MT New York State licensure: can anyone help me out? - 6 Replies

I just graduated from Mayo Clinic's Clinical Laboratory Science program in Minnesota and I'm about to take the ASCP board exam for MT. I'm looking...

BigDog in Gig Harbor, Washington

Updated 9 months ago

Has anyone ever had a CLS program admission offer rescinded? - 1 Reply

Hi everyone. I'm a junior CLS major currently and I applied to a CLS program in order to complete my final year long course. I was accepted to the...

Arshini in Bangalore, India

Updated 9 months ago

work schedule - 2 Replies

I am currently looking for a fulltime MT position. Most of the MT jobs that I have applied to involve working 8 hour shifts with rotating weekends....

Michael in Seattle in Seattle, Washington

Updated 9 months ago

Medical Lab Technician/Technologist confusion - 1 Reply

I am currently I senior in high school and next year I am going to DMACC (Des Moines Area Community College)to become a Medical Lab Technician. I...

French Bull Dog in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 9 months ago

Medical Laboratory Science Program at Tarleton State University - 8 Replies

Anyone out there currently in this program or graduated from this program? I'm thinking of applying for a post-baccalaureate certificate (already...

ccw_ccw in Fort Worth, Texas

Advice for Advanced Degrees and Career Options for ASCP MLS

Hi, I recently acquired a BS in Medical Technology and ASCP MLS certfication with the intent to work either full time or nearly full time while...

Updated 9 months ago

How hard is it to land a job as an MT? - 33 Replies

I started pre-nursing, but backed out when people were telling me there were too many nurses. I got into the program, complete the pre-reqs, but I'm...

Lindsay in Houston, Texas

TTUHSC CLS program

Just wondering where everyone was in the admission process for this fall! I just got the phone call today to schedule a phone interview for next...

David in New York, New York

Updated 9 months ago

LICENSE/CERTIFICATION NUMBER. On the ASCP website where is it? - 6 Replies

I took the exam late last month and passed. They finally put my exam results on today but I do not see anything on there about the license...

ghost34 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Updated 10 months ago

MLS Starting Salary in Arizona? - 1 Reply

I'm graduating with my certificate in MLS soon, and I hope to go to Sun City, AZ to start working. I'm just curious if anyone in that area has a...

Seth123 in Knoxville, Tennessee

Anyone study using the ASCP app?

I am taking my MLS ASCP Friday. I have studied exclusively with the flash cards, the "bottom line approach" book and the ASCP app. Just curious if...

oiboyz in Los Angeles, California

Updated 10 months ago

Where to Apply for CLS Program Next Year? - 3 Replies

Hi Everyone, I know there is a lot of discussion on this, but a lot of the information seems sort of outdated as it is from a couple of years ago....

Silver in Arvada, Colorado

Updated 10 months ago

Failed at 1st MLT job - 14 Replies

Fresh out of school and you'd think I'd be ready to shine but my first experience was anything but successful. It was clear in my clinicals that I...

Tiffanie in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Updated 10 months ago

Does Medical Technology have a positive outlook within the next 4-5 years? - 52 Replies

I am a freshman in college who is planning to complete a degree in Medical Technology within the next 4 years. I was wondering what kind of advances...

mona in Maspeth, New York

Updated 10 months ago

NYS license - 8 Replies

hello does anyone know the requirments to be licensed as a med tech in NYS? Wouls a BS in med tech and ascp suffice? do they indeed have a limited...

Stephy0234 in Houston, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

suggestion for a Ph.D. getting ASCP certificate - 3 Replies

I have been reading this forum for a long time. I like this informative forum a lot. I have my Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences. I also had my BS...

Megan in Claremont, California

Updated 10 months ago

MT/MLT/MLS certification procedures - 1 Reply

I have a Master's degree in biology, but I'm not sure if I am eligible for certification. What other requirements would I need to fill in order to...

njbiodude in New Jersey

Updated 10 months ago

Have you had issues with California Laboratory Field Services (LFS)? - 1 Reply

I'm looking for people who have encountered issues obtaining CLS or limited CLS licensing in California. Specifically, tell me Laboratory Field...

ClsSFSU in Hayward, California

Updated 10 months ago

Applications in California -- when to expect a response? (SJSU, SFSU) - 39 Replies

I'm wondering if people know by what date applicants should expect to hear back (one way or another) from SJSU and SFSU for the mid-year deadlines...

meems in Amman, Jordan

Updated 10 months ago

Medical laboratory fields and post degrees. - 4 Replies

Hello. I'm currently studying medical laboratory sciences in the university. In my uni it takes 4 years to get a bachelor degree. I'm planning to...

ClsSFSU in Hayward, California

sfsu cls fall 2014

Hi, I was admitted into the CLS program at sfsu for fall 2014 receiving emails from the director and such. In her last email she said that...

Milton in San Luis Obispo, California

Updated 10 months ago

ASCP Practice Exams (NOT THE BOC) - 1 Reply

Hi, Just wondering, did any of you ever purchase the ASCP practice exams? (NOT THE BOC) If so, how were they and were they useful in prepping for...

vruza in Hampton, Virginia

Paying for CLS/MT clinical year

I have been accepted to a CLS/MT year long program as a 4+1. Before applying, I thought that I would be able to apply for federal loans, bank-tied...

Sean1983 in Ohio

Is the MLT program difficult?

I don't see much activity on the medical laboratory technician forum so I'll post here. How difficult is the 2 year associate degree MLT program? ...

njbiodude in New Jersey

Updated 11 months ago

GPA for post-bac MLS programs - 1 Reply

Hello all, I am a Pennsylvania resident (bio major) looking to apply to one-year MLS programs next year. Does anyone know what competitive GPAs...

NNC in Long Beach, California

Updated 11 months ago

Official Loma Linda University CLS 2012 Acceptance Thread - 33 Replies

Hi guys, I wanted to create this thread to invite any looming questions about LLUs Clinical Laboratory Science program such as financing, living...

Lara in Seattle, Washington

Medical tech programs

Does any one know which med tech programs in the US are the best ones? I applied to the UW med tech program, but as it has become very competitive,...

Manhattan in New York, New York

Updated 11 months ago

Entry level pay rate for a new grad in NYC? - 7 Replies

What would be an acceptable pay rate for entry level jobs with those who finished ASCP certification? Is the ASCP certification exam hard? What study...

Updated 11 months ago

Medical Technology Advanced Certificate after PhD Pharmacology - 4 Replies

Hello, Like many PhD graduates, I am unemployed with little hope of getting a job in industry. I have a Master's in chemistry as well, so I am...

Updated 11 months ago

Don't waste your time becoming a Medical Technologist - 90 Replies

Its not worth putting in all the education when two year mlt's are taking all the jobs. The pay is bad and no one respects you. Two year nurses make...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.