Clinical Laboratory Science (Medical Technologist) at: Rush University, North Park University, and NorthShore University Health

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Brian in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

Hello!

If anyone on this forum has attended either of these universities or know about their Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science, please help settle my concerns!

I intend to study at North Park University -- which is not accredited by NAACLS -- my beginning years and transfer into an accredited program (such as Rush University and NorthShore University HealthSystem) for my core classes and training, will I still be eligible to take the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification exam?

If I stay at North Park University to finish their Clinical Laboratory Science program (which includes one-year of training at a "sponsoring institution"), will I not be eligible to take the ASCP certification exam since the program itself is not accredited by NAACLS?

And also, if anyone knows any information on the acceptance rate into Rush University, North Park University, or NorthShore University HealthSystem, please share!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Valerie in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

Rush is a 2 year program. You can't transfer in the credits from other colleges and use those as your first year and just attend the 2nd yr. The requirements for Rush University is on their site. It's too late to apply for this coming fall. They only accept students for fall. If there's space open, you might be able to apply for winter. It has to be accredited by NAACLS to be able to take the ASCP certified exam.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.