Anyone willing to hire a new MT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 121)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

brendaowen in Brick, New Jersey

64 months ago

I graduated from a community college's MT program in NJ. I trained with the SUM program tapes. I am very eager to start using my new skills, however, I am having trouble finding companies that hire with little experience. I have posted my resume via internet but have had no luck. It has been almost 2 months since I graduated. I am still practicing, though I would like to find some work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bbyblue026 in Carlsbad, New Mexico

64 months ago

Have you tried the local hospitals and Dr. Offices. Sometimes they will put you on staff, and sometimes they hire contractors. You may be able to get a contract with them.. You probably have tried this already, but I posted this just incase you haven't. Good luck, hope you find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mommiedelirious

63 months ago

brendaowen in Brick, New Jersey said: I graduated from a community college's MT program in NJ. I trained with the SUM program tapes. I am very eager to start using my new skills, however, I am having trouble finding companies that hire with little experience. I have posted my resume via internet but have had no luck. It has been almost 2 months since I graduated. I am still practicing, though I would like to find some work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Yes I am looking for someone entry level. let me know if you are still looking Mommiedelirious@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leticia Wellborn in Covington, Georgia

62 months ago

mommiedelirious said: Yes I am looking for someone entry level. let me know if you are still looking Mommiedelirious@aol.com

Are you still interested in hiring an entry level person. I graduated from Career Step in December of 2008 with Honors. Since graduation, I have gained specialized experience in orthopedics, pain management, neurology and psychology. I also have gained experience in nonmedical transcription, such as conference calls, interviews, and focus groups. Thank you for your time.

I can be reached via e-mail, leticiawellborn@yahoo.com

Crystal Hookstown, PA in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

mommiedelirious said: Yes I am looking for someone entry level. let me know if you are still looking Mommiedelirious@aol.com

Hello, if your email name suits how you feel, I'm right there with you. lol. I am a recent graduate of MT training and have had no luck finding work. If you are still looking for help I would be more than happy. I am a fast learner, dedicated worker, I can work anytime of the day or night. I am very eager to get back to work. I can reached at crebird2001@yahoo.com.

vgunawandevy in Fort Wayne, Indiana

61 months ago

Hello, I graduated from us career institute 4 months ago and looking forward to finding job as a transcriptionist. This is the field I would like to pursue.
Seems like companies out there prefer someone who has 2+ years experience.
My email is vgunawandevy@yahoo.com
Please help, thank you.

caslavkin in Wesley Chapel, Florida

60 months ago

Hello, I will be graduating from Kaplan University within the next week or two. I started my last online class today. I was trying to contact businesses that would be considering new graduates that are extremely motivated to get started in the MT field. I would be very interested in starting immediately after I graduate! I am looking for part-time or full-time from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri Ramey/Bridgewater/Lunenburg Co. NS in Halifax, Nova Scotia

59 months ago

I soon will be graduating from Canscribe/Career Step Program. I will be seeking part-time home-based medical transcription work. My marks are in the honors range and my typing speed so far is 68 wpm. I am extremely interested in getting employment as soon as possible so I can gain more experience in the field. I am very motivated and take my work very seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

NEWMT in Alliston, Ontario

59 months ago

Sheri Ramey/Bridgewater/Lunenburg Co. NS in Halifax, Nova Scotia said: I soon will be graduating from Canscribe/Career Step Program. I will be seeking part-time home-based medical transcription work. My marks are in the honors range and my typing speed so far is 68 wpm. I am extremely interested in getting employment as soon as possible so I can gain more experience in the field. I am very motivated and take my work very seriously.

Hey Sheri
I recently graduated from the Career step program a couple months ago, can't seem to find any job. I live in Canada, maybe we could be job search partners here in Canada. I would like to know the companies here that hire new MTs. The companies I saw on the Canscribe website that employ graduates, I applied them, some have not responded and some say they only employ persons with 2 years experience. It's a tough search. U can email me at melly2hot@hotmail.com.

NEWMT in Alliston, Ontario

59 months ago

Does anyone know MT companies in Canada that hire graduates. Info will be appreciated.

kimberlyjohnson in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

I will soon be graduating from Allied school for medical transcription. So far I'm loving the training. I have worked in the medical field for 5 years and have also studied some veterinary medicine (Bel-Rea). I took nursing requisite's. I graduated from medical assisiting school in 2004. Became a home health aide in 2007. Worked as a QMAP for 4 years. I have such a passion for medicine. My goal used to be to become a nurse, but I had to drop out of the prgram due to my two boys (ages 2 and 5) being diagnosed with autism. I never really wanted to do administrative work. Since I've become a mom with children with special needs, my goals in life had to change. I was enrolled in a medical coding class with AHIMA, but could not stand it! I wanted to find something that would compliment the training I already have, and found medical transcription. I love typing, research, med. term., anatomy and physiology, and REALLY love laboratory stuff. I've taken some microbiology and hematology in the past and was really goos at it. I really hope I can find some kind of entry level position. Sometimes it is easy to get discouraged with all the info. out there. As far as sending work overseas, I've heard that, if I remember correctly, California, won't do it because of HIPAA laws. I don't know about you, but I'm not happy that people in some other country have access to my medical records ( not to mention taking our work ).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Racheal in Lindsay, Ontario

55 months ago

NEWMT in Alliston, Ontario said: Does anyone know MT companies in Canada that hire graduates. Info will be appreciated.

Hey!!! I graduated in May from the Canscribe/Career Step course and haven't had any luck finding at home employment either. Have you had any luck lately? Do you know of any Canadian companies that hire entry-level MT's? If you have any luck, could you possibly let me know? E-mail: raelapierre29@yahoo.ca. Thank you so much

Cara in Greene, New York

55 months ago

brendaowen in Brick, New Jersey said: I graduated from a community college's MT program in NJ. I trained with the SUM program tapes. I am very eager to start using my new skills, however, I am having trouble finding companies that hire with little experience. I have posted my resume via internet but have had no luck. It has been almost 2 months since I graduated. I am still practicing, though I would like to find some work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I'm in the same boat:(

Dreamie in Jackson, Mississippi

55 months ago

Hello, I will be completing my online MT course with Ed2go this month. Can anyone advise me of any MT companies (Work at Home) that hire entry level. As you know, most of them require at least 1 to 3 years experience. Has anyone had any experience with the company
"Mountain West Processing"any advise would be helpful:Email: donna_freeman6@hotmail.com
Thank you and Merry Christmas

stephanie berryman in Merced, California

55 months ago

I am a recent graduate of At Home Professions. I graduated with an "A" average and have 160 hours of General Medicine and have experienced authentic physician dictation. I am looking for someone who is willing to give someone a chance to get some real hands-on experience to showcase their skills. I am very willing to do anything to be able to get some real experience. I will take on a mentor and I am more than willing to do some intern work to anyone who is willing to give a "newbie a chance to progress in their new career. I am willing to work at entry-level. I will do what it takes to get established in my newfound career. Thanks so much!!

Hannah in Hop Bottom, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

It seems like no one is getting any luck here finding any MT jobs. How are we supposed to get any experience if no one will give us a chance. I must have sent in my resume to at least 13 different companies and also posted my resume on monster.com and mtjobs.com and all those lovely sites and no one has called or emailed me. I'm getting really discouraged and starting to think that I've been wasting my money to take a school course that drives me to a dead end. Is there anyone out there that can give us new people a chance? We would really appreciate it.

ms.pafinest23@yahoo.com in Port Arthur, Texas

53 months ago

i am attending at-home professions as well. listening to all these stories is very scary is it that hard to find a job in this field i will be finish in may and this sound really scary.

Linda in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

I am also looking for entry level MT work. I completed a 2 year course as a Medical Coder/Medical Transcriptionist in June 2009 and would like to work at home since most employers want 2-3 years experience. I don't know what type of software or equipment to purchase but am anxious to start working. I do have all my reference/dictionary and other resources. No luck so far. Any advise.

RoniKays in Clarksville, Indiana

52 months ago

Hello everyone,

I just graduated, from a Career Step Medical Transcription program,in March 2010. I will be receiving my Certificate of Completion by the beginning of May. I am looking for an Entry Level postition. I would like to work from home since my husband needs the car for his job. I do have a resume and references available. Please contact me at veronica.kays@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance for any help or advice leading to full-time employment.

proudmom11 in Ironwood, Michigan

52 months ago

I just graduated with my Medical Transcription certificate and I know I could show how great of an employee I can be, but it has been hard finding an at-home position since most places want "experienced" transcriptionists. I am a very organized, hard worker and am available to work at any times of any day. I worked really hard at the course and have continued teaching myself off of other at-home Medical Transcriptionist's advice and guidance. I have also worked in a hospital setting for 2 years in another position besides Transcription. I know my medical terminology very well and I am always looking for ways to improve the quality of my work at hand. I know I can consistently meet production and quality standards. I am looking to work out of my home and am available to start immediately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

horsegirl in Kewanee, Illinois

52 months ago

I am considering going in to the program, but am kind of hesitant after reading these. The 2+ years experience appears to be the brick wall everyone has run into. Would you advise me not to pursue the program, in particular, I am looking at Career Step.

brendaowen in Brick, New Jersey

52 months ago

Honestly, I graduated in Feb 09 and have not found anything, sending out several resumes. It has been an economy to remember.

sprovo in Colorado Springs, Colorado

52 months ago

Send me an e-mail if you're interested in some p.r.n. work. sjprovo@comcast.net

Pblanke in Grand Forks, British Columbia

51 months ago

I received my certificate from Selkirk Community College in May/09 and have had no luck what-so-ever finding online employment. I live in a very small town where there are no opportunities for on-site positions as well. The jobs are not there as promised.

Carysgirl1 in Hampton, Virginia

49 months ago

I'm about to get my diploma from Penn Foster Career School for a Medical Transcription course and I have been trying for the past 3 months (figured I'd get an early jump on it) to find a job. I've been to hospitals and a few doctor's offices and have had no luck. Does anyone know of a legit company that hires entry level MTs? The internet or newspaper hasn't been any help either. I have the same complaint as all the other new graduates, if all the companies want someone with experience, how we to ever get our foot in the door? If it was me, I'd want someone who is fresh out of a program so I could train them the way my business works.

Carysgirl1 in Hampton, Virginia

49 months ago

I'm about to get my diploma from Penn Foster Career School for a Medical Transcription course and I have been trying for the past 3 months (figured I'd get an early jump on it) to find a job. I've been to hospitals and a few doctor's offices and have had no luck. Does anyone know of a legit company that hires entry level MTs? The internet or newspaper hasn't been any help either. I have the same complaint as all the other new graduates, if all the companies want someone with experience, how we to ever get our foot in the door? If it was me, I'd want someone who is fresh out of a program so I could train them the way my business works. If anyone has any advice please feel free to email me at Carysgirl1@aol.com. Thanks!

katiekamrad in Eagan, Minnesota

49 months ago

Hi Mommiedelirious@aol.com.

I just sent you an email asking you if you are still looking to hire someone in entry level medical transcription. It is from karenkamrad@yahoo.com. I also sent you my resume and portfoilo. Please let me know if you are still looking. Thank you.

katiekamrad in Eagan, Minnesota

49 months ago

brendaowen in Brick, New Jersey said: Honestly, I graduated in Feb 09 and have not found anything, sending out several resumes. It has been an economy to remember.

I am in the same boat as you are brendaowen.

I graduated in September 2009. I had to resort to taking a job I left 3 years ago to go to school fulltime. That didn't last very long because I realized once I got there, why I left that job in the first place. I know it wasn't the brightest idea for me to quit a job without prospects, but I didn't want to fall in the trap of settling for a job for the money, and really I didn't get paid that much either. Only 9.43 hr and I'm 36 years old! I made more than that in my early 20's! This economy really does suck when we are forced to take a job making less than we did when we first started working!

But seriously, I think us newbies getting our names out there in the MT forums is likely the only way we can get a serious opportunity and break through. I haven't had ANY luck sending my resume and doing the testing to get the jobs. First of all, most of the dictations in the testouts for entry level medical transcription jobs such as Medquist are dang near impossible to understand because the clarity is so terrible and how are us newbies expected to test perfect scores anyways!!!? Really, it takes experience for us newbies to get perfect scores for these MT Servicess who claim to hire new graduates with no experience! I am very frustrated with how many forums I find new transcriptionists saying they aren't getting hired! I think these transcription services need to lower their hiring standards now that records are electronic. I do believe that this voice recognition thing is going to blow over once Obama's term is over and the next president is in office. I think it was a horrible idea to make records electronic, just look at how many jobs Obama cut for us transcriptionists by doing that! Obama was supposed to bring more jobs to the U.S!

Shereel57 in Grand Forks, North Dakota

48 months ago

Are you still looking for entry level medical transcription? I have graduated from Allied Business School from LaGuna Hills, CA August 5, 2009. Presently I have no experience.

My email is sheryl.spicer@hotmail.com

Thank You.

Crystal Hookstown, PA in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

I am a graduate from CCAC. I have been looking for work for almost 1 1/2yr. I am ready to go and have most of the equipment and books that I may need. If you are still looking for an entry level employee, I'm ready to go.

crebird2001@yahoo.com

Cynthia in Greer, South Carolina

48 months ago

Thanks.

Try Digitran.net They are currently hiring and will train.

bbbarker

48 months ago

proudmom11 in Ironwood, Michigan said: I just graduated with my Medical Transcription certificate and I know I could show how great of an employee I can be, but it has been hard finding an at-home position since most places want "experienced" transcriptionists. I am a very organized, hard worker and am available to work at any times of any day. I worked really hard at the course and have continued teaching myself off of other at-home Medical Transcriptionist's advice and guidance. I have also worked in a hospital setting for 2 years in another position besides Transcription. I know my medical terminology very well and I am always looking for ways to improve the quality of my work at hand. I know I can consistently meet production and quality standards. I am looking to work out of my home and am available to start immediately.

What is your e-mail address? I have been working in the MT business for 15 years and am looking to expand my business and willing to start with school graduates. You sound like you are eager and willing to learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

proudmom11 in Watersmeet, Michigan

48 months ago

Thank you for the reply! My email address is ashbailei11@live.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

proudmom11 in Watersmeet, Michigan

48 months ago

bbbarker said: What is your e-mail address? I have been working in the MT business for 15 years and am looking to expand my business and willing to start with school graduates. You sound like you are eager and willing to learn.

Thank you for the reply! My email address is ashbailei11@live.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

dcharris in Avinger, Texas

48 months ago

I am also trying to find a work from home transcription job, as I live 35 miles from the closest large town to try to find work. I have been placing applications since January 2010 and can not even get an interview for a reception position. I worked in a customer service enviroment for 29 years before training at a local community college for MT. I thought it would be a good investment, but I am beginning to wonder. Like everyone says, everyone seems to want someone with 2+ years experience. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was on the Special Academic Merit list for 2 semesters. Does anyone have any ideas where I might be more successful than I have been with local hospitals and doctor offices?
dcharris1@windstream.net

lholmes in Bangor, Maine

47 months ago

ms.pafinest23@yahoo.com in Port Arthur, Texas said: i am attending at-home professions as well. listening to all these stories is very scary is it that hard to find a job in this field i will be finish in may and this sound really scary.

I also am attending Medical Transcription at At-Home Professions. I am on Course 3 and am considering withdrawing.I am on the deans list now. What is your age? I am 63 and love this course but am afraid of not getting hired and wasting my money. what do you thing. I live in Maine

Becky Texas

47 months ago

lholmes in Bangor, Maine said: I also am attending Medical Transcription at At-Home Professions. I am on Course 3 and am considering withdrawing.I am on the deans list now. What is your age? I am 63 and love this course but am afraid of not getting hired and wasting my money. what do you thing. I live in Maine

I currently have been working at home as an MT for 5 years and I want out! They are sending most of the work overseas or speech recognition, Im afraid these schools just are saying the truth about the industry... Most accounts have high ESL (english as a second language)which makes making any kind of money very difficult, did I mention I have not had a raise in my line since I have started????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

juliasmom in Painesville, Ohio

47 months ago

bbbarker, Are you still in need of recent school graduates? I took classes in medical terminology, anatomy and transcription. After class I typed podiatry for the instructor for a few weeks and entered data for a drug study group for a few months (both were temporary positions from the get go). My email is juliasmom@msn.com.

Susan in Boulder, Colorado

47 months ago

Hi bbbarker. Would like to compare notes about expanding an MT business and where you've had the most luck when you have a chance. (No, this is isn't a solicitation. It's personal) sjprovo@comcast.net

Crystal in Tulsa, Oklahoma

47 months ago

bbbarker,
I have been working as an IC transcriptionist for 12 years, but I have no current acute care experience and I am finding that most companies will not even talk to me. I am very willing to take on an entry level position to gain current experience. I work from home and I am available to start immediately.
I am very detailed oriented, organized and self-motivated. I completed my studies with honors and have been working in the ENT field as an independent contractor. I would love an opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience base!
My email is allcry@aol.com

gjessxoxo1 in Littleton, Colorado

47 months ago

bbbarker said: What is your e-mail address? I have been working in the MT business for 15 years and am looking to expand my business and willing to start with school graduates. You sound like you are eager and willing to learn.

Hello. I have just graduated as well and know I can be a great employee too. If you have room for 2, please email me at mnichols2328@hotmail.com. I would love the opportunity to show my skills.

Anjie_i in Greeley, Colorado

47 months ago

I am currently looking into srtaing the MT program from Allied Medical School. After reading all of these comments, I am thinking of changing my mind. I have been in child care all of my life and am looking to change professions. If anyone can offer some advice or know of anyone who is hiring please email me back. Thanks so much! Anjie_i@yahoo.com

Toni Haddox in Sutton, West Virginia

45 months ago

proudmom11 in Watersmeet, Michigan said: Thank you for the reply! My email address is ashbailei11@live.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

I am a recent graduate and am very eager to start working. I was a great student and am very orgnized and would be a great employee. My email is toni_haddox@yahoo.com if willing to start a newbie!

KatieB

45 months ago

I just graduated from an MT program and am having such a terrible time finding a job:( I don't want to get too dicouraged, but it's hard not to when everyone wants at least two years of job experience. I am an extremely hard worker, so if there's anyone out there willing to hire a "newby", I would be very greatful for the opportunity!!!
Thank you!!

pnailyfestylez in Vacaville, California

45 months ago

I am also looking for an entry level MT job at home or at clinics, hospital in the san fran area or around 95687 area. I took the MT program at career step and received a certificate of completion. I am now looking for a new job as a medical transcriptionist. pnailyfestylez@yahoo.com

Jenny Binkley in southern Indiana in Holland, Indiana

42 months ago

I am a new graduate from At-Home Professions, graduating with a 94% GPA. I have a strong desire to do this work because of my love of typing, medical terminology, and persistence. I am a perfectionist who is very responsible and would be a great asset. I can take constructive criticism very well and know that I could be a great employee if given a chance.
Thank you. jbinkley@psci.net

Rosemary Boyter in Mountain Home, Arkansas

42 months ago

I know your posting was some time ago but I am a recently certified transcriptionist who needs to begin getting some experience and at least some pay. I have years of experience in the medical field as a business manager, although I doubt that would make me any more attractive. :) If anyone out there sees this, and knows of an opportunity, my email is: rosemary_boyter@yahoo.com

Nancy in Lakeland, Florida

37 months ago

Hello. Are you still looking for new MT's. I finished my course in Aug 2010. Still looking. my email is: floresnan72@aol.com

television in Daytona Beach, Florida

36 months ago

My e-mail is danskin123@yahoo.com. I am eager to begin with any type of medical transcription whether it is SOAP or reports. It doesn't matter what type of doc it is. I am willing to start with H&P Exam, please give me a starting chance. I graduated 12/2010 and every day that goes by is a more grim indication that my education runs the risk of losing its validity. Thank you, Leonor Albritton-Cruz

television in Daytona Beach, Florida

36 months ago

Nancy in Lakeland, Florida said: Hello. Are you still looking for new MT's. I finished my course in Aug 2010. Still looking. my email is: floresnan72@aol.com

Try American High-tech transcription, but they may not have medical.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.