Medical Transcription From Home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 84)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Jami in Hickory, North Carolina

77 months ago

I am looking into going back to school for medical Transcription...what schools would anyone recommend. I have looked into At Home Professions and the local communtiy college. Why would one be better than the other?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Hamm in Newhope, Arkansas

75 months ago

Try Focus they are looking for people with only 8 months experience. Great to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

M-Lee in Pikeville, Tennessee

75 months ago

Thanks Linda,

Is that Focus or FocusInfomatics? It must be really hard to get on board with someone.

Myra

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Hamm in Newhope, Arkansas

75 months ago

focusinfomatics

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Bolingbrook, Illinois

75 months ago

I graduated with honors from Career Step in June of this year. I have been working as a radiology IC since July. I am looking for a more flexible radiology transcription position. I previously worked as a lead radiology film librarian and have a great feel for the terminology. If anybody has any information on a radiology transcription position, I would be all ears!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Hamm in Dierks, Arkansas

74 months ago

I am a medical transcriptist. I worked in this field since 2000. I have been going to school since 1992. I started out with simple business classes, then took classes for medical business. I am 1 semester from a Bachelors, but you do not need a degree for MT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Hergett in Mattoon, Illinois

74 months ago

I just recently finished coursework in medical transcription through Penn Foster College. I am looking for part-time work. I already have a Bachelor's degree and have been working in the healthcare field for over 10 years. Can somebody please help me get started or steer me in the right direction?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Naperville, Illinois in Westmont, Illinois

73 months ago

I am currently taking a course with Penn Foster for Medical Transcription. I have an A average right now. I am getting anxious about getting a job and being able to work at home with this new career. I currently work another job 35 hours a week. I am taking this course to be able to work from home and be able to quit the other job. Is this an obtainable goal and will I be able to make a comparable wage. I currently am only making $10.75 an hour. Or am I wasting my time and money? Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

obxmslee in Pikeville, Tennessee

73 months ago

Dont quit your day job yet, until you have tested on a lot of sites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Naperville, Illinois in Westmont, Illinois

73 months ago

I read reviews about this company. They were not too favorable. They said the paychecks were late and they were very rude. Did you actually work for them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tazmania S in Tazewell, Tennessee

73 months ago

What is SoftScript and where would I go to get get an email to them? I would really like to start working very soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I actually just started with them, so far, so good. I guess a few months will tell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Tazmania S in Tazewell, Tennessee said: What is SoftScript and where would I go to get get an email to them? I would really like to start working very soon.

It is Transcription, just go to there website softscript.com, and you can apply online. Just remember to send your resume if you have one. Hope this helps.

73 months ago

Thanks - I found the website. On the web site, it says there is a 3 year experience required. I just graduated with my Medical Transcription diploma in August 2008. Would that make a difference? Most businesses are "locked in" with the idea that they want experienced workers. Of course, I could apply and see what they say. The worst that they would say would be thanks for the interested but no thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

holsworth1447 in Erie, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Thinking of starting MT classes with Allied On-Line school. Any comments about them or if anyone has positive feedback about on-line schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I received diplomas in Medical Coding and also in Medical Transcription through Tennessee Technology Center. My home school was in Morristown (in Tennessee). There are about 27 or so Tennessee Technology Centers through the state of Tennessee. I would suggest going to one of the Tennessee Technology School websites and getting in touch with them. They do have a fine online program and they are accredited. It took me 15 months to get the two diplomas but if you just wanted to take one diploma it would take a year to get through. Like I said, I done all of my classes online and did not have to go to the school for any of the classes nor to take any of the tests. You can also apply for financial aid if you need to. I forget the web site address but look up Tennessee Technology Center at Morristown in a search engine and you can contact Mitchell Davenport who is with students services there. You can find her email under the staff listings. Or you can look up Tennessee Technology Center at Elizabethton. There are various Tennessee Technology schools that you can find. That would be what I would do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LeAnn A. in Morristown, Tennessee

73 months ago

Hi Lisa. I am currently enrolled in the Medical Transcription course at Penn Foster too. I am also hoping to get a better job doing medical transcription. I have a couple more months to go but am getting anxious to be done also. Hope everything works out for you.

Holley in Pueblo, Colorado

71 months ago

I was looking into becoming a Medical Transcriptionist thru Career Step. I am a stay at home mom and really need the extra money. I have seen alot of companies looking but all say they want experience. Is it worth it or just a waste of time and money? Any info would help me out alot thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

looking in Cookeville, Tennessee

71 months ago

John Satterfield in Cookeville, Tennessee said: Hello,
I own a web based Medical Transcription Company based out of Tennessee. I am looking for qualified transcriptionist. You can contact me by email at john@digitalscript.biz

I graduated from nashville state community college in 2008. I completed the medical office administration program and have an AAS degree. I have been looking for work since then and i am having a hard time. Do you have any advice or know anyone who might give me a chance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Angel

69 months ago

Linda M. Hamm in Newhope, Arkansas said: Hi. My name is Linda M. Hamm: I work for Focusinfomatics. They are really great company been with them for 2 years now.

Is it true that the transcription comapnies really don't care where you graduate from as long as you went to school to obtain the education?

Desi in albany, Kentucky

69 months ago

Hello i am a student in the Medical Transcription field and was wondering if there was any jobs available to help students while they were still taking the courses. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james jonava in san francisco, California

68 months ago

Angel said: Is it true that the transcription comapnies really don't care where you graduate from as long as you went to school to obtain the education?

Hi Angel,
Unfortunately, yes it is true. Lots of medical transcription companies do not care what college you graduated from as long as you are certified.

April Sunshine in Bountiful, Utah

68 months ago

Holley in Pueblo, Colorado said: I was looking into becoming a Medical Transcriptionist thru Career Step. I am a stay at home mom and really need the extra money. I have seen alot of companies looking but all say they want experience. Is it worth it or just a waste of time and money? Any info would help me out alot thanks.

I recently graduated from Career Step and really enjoyed all of the course. From all my research it looks like Career Step is quite respected in their course content and delivery and most companies seem to be willing to waive the 2 years experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Wellcome in Pine River, Minnesota

68 months ago

obxmslee in Pikeville, Tennessee said: I actually just started with them, so far, so good. I guess a few months will tell.

yes but will they take people that have just got there diploma without experience , I just finished my course and am looking for someone to let me get some experience even if it is couple assignments a week. Thanks Julie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marcia the Nebraskan in Ainsworth, Nebraska

68 months ago

Does anyone know or have experience with a company called Transam Associates, Inc., out of Florida. Offer to train you and employee you too, once work is up to snuff. I haven't taken any courses, still fishing for the right fit. Need to find something so I can quite my job, get rid of my apartment and move home with my husband (212 miles away) Any comments appreciated.

jkmky@verizon.net in Smithtown, New York

67 months ago

I have been doing medical transcription at home for about 10 years; however, I never really touched on radiology, but have transcribed many different specialty areas.

I might have an opportunity to do radiology transcription....for those of you who have been doing radiology....do you think I would be a fit for this position....I heard it is quite difficult, but I feel with my broadened experience, I might be fine...

I would appreciate any comments/thoughts!
THX. Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MTgal25 in Logan, West Virginia

63 months ago

I graduated from the U.S. Career Institute with a diploma in Medical Transcription. I am very interested in working from home. Any information about where I should turn next would be much appreciated. Thanks

Carla Kelly in London, Kentucky

63 months ago

I finished in 2004 with my Medical Transcription certificate and I haven't found any luck obtaining a career in this field yet. Without experience most companies will not even look at your resume, I need help.

sl in Jonesboro, Georgia

61 months ago

I want to get a part time job doing the medical trascription but i don't have a high school diploma. I work at the post office and i have a two year old, So as you see i don't have much time to work with. What else can i do? i need to support my family right now!

PD in Omaha, Nebraska

61 months ago

sl in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I want to get a part time job doing the medical trascription but i don't have a high school diploma. I work at the post office and i have a two year old, So as you see i don't have much time to work with. What else can i do? i need to support my family right now!

SL, Sadly, there is not much out in the transcription business right now unless you have years of experience. Like many, I graduated an Associates program & have had little luck finding anything that is willing to take me without having 2+ years of experience. They want experience, but it is very rare to find someone willing to give experience.

John in Cookeville, Tennessee

61 months ago

Do you have any Medical Transcription experience? How can I help you?

Jennifer in Birmingham, Alabama

61 months ago

I have medical transcription experience and I am actively looking for a medical transcription position. I have 6+ years experience but I myself am having very little luck finding a job after the company I worked for went bankrupt. If anyone is needing an exp. MT please contact me. Rapidmt@gmail.com. Thanks. Jennifer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Derby, Vermont

61 months ago

Crystal Gillett in Phillips, Wisconsin said: Hi. I am a recent graduate from Northcentral Technical College in the Medical Transcription Program. I am very interested in working from home.Any information on where I could go would be great.

I am taking a medical transcription course, and am concerned that I will not be able to find any work when I finish the course. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PD in Omaha, Nebraska

61 months ago

Dee in Derby, Vermont said: I am taking a medical transcription course, and am concerned that I will not be able to find any work when I finish the course. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

That is a fear of many, Dee. Sadly, it seems to be reality though. Most places want experience, but aren't willing to give experience to a newbie. Best advise I can give (what I have been doing) is to get yourself out there. Get a really good resume and send it out. Apply everywhere and network.

cmm in East Wenatchee, Washington

61 months ago

PD in Omaha, Nebraska said: SL, Sadly, there is not much out in the transcription business right now unless you have years of experience. Like many, I graduated an Associates program & have had little luck finding anything that is willing to take me without having 2+ years of experience. They want experience, but it is very rare to find someone willing to give experience.

PD, unfortunately the transcription job market has changed. I've been in the field for over 20 years working on-site for hospitals and clinics, currently transcribing radiology on-site. When I completed my MT training, I was lucky to be placed in a hospital training program. I wasn't paid very much but I learned. First they just had me listen to dictation and when I did transcribe, checked every document and I corrected my mistakes until I got it right. No employer is willing to take that kind of time anymore since so much of it is done off site. Jobs are tight, even for experienced people like myself if that is any consolation. Even if you can find a job you will probably need additional income for a while until you can get up to speed. I had heard that Medquist hired people just out of school; I would suggest applying to as many companies, hospitals and clinics as possible. Of course, there will be a test to complete, good luck.

melodyj in Greenville, Mississippi

61 months ago

Jami in Hickory, North Carolina said: I am looking into going back to school for medical Transcription...what schools would anyone recommend. I have looked into At Home Professions and the local communtiy college. Why would one be better than the other?
Thanks.

I have attended and is presently attending Ramussen University online. I once was going for Medical Transcription but now I have change to Medical Administrator because I want more than just be a Medical Transcription.

zcarf in Austin, Texas

61 months ago

I finished my course (MT) in Stratford Institute. They are the only online school I have searched for a very low tuition fee and very flexible for my schedule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cmm in Wenatchee, Washington

61 months ago

melodyj in Greenville, Mississippi said: I have attended and is presently attending Ramussen University online. I once was going for Medical Transcription but now I have change to Medical Administrator because I want more than just be a Medical Transcription.

I think that studying to become a Medical Administrator is a very smart move, best of luck in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikkimemphis in Memphis, Tennessee

60 months ago

Tazmania S in Tazewell, Tennessee said: I received diplomas in Medical Coding and also in Medical Transcription through Tennessee Technology Center. My home school was in Morristown (in Tennessee). There are about 27 or so Tennessee Technology Centers through the state of Tennessee. I would suggest going to one of the Tennessee Technology School websites and getting in touch with them. They do have a fine online program and they are accredited. It took me 15 months to get the two diplomas but if you just wanted to take one diploma it would take a year to get through. Like I said, I done all of my classes online and did not have to go to the school for any of the classes nor to take any of the tests. You can also apply for financial aid if you need to. I forget the web site address but look up Tennessee Technology Center at Morristown in a search engine and you can contact Mitchell Davenport who is with students services there. You can find her email under the staff listings. Or you can look up Tennessee Technology Center at Elizabethton. There are various Tennessee Technology schools that you can find. That would be what I would do.

can you tell me how difficult it was to take the 432 hours in one semester? that seems like a lot.

Tazmania S in New Tazewell, Tennessee

60 months ago

To get through Tennessee Technology Center and have the diplomas in Medical Coding and in Medical Administrative Assistant took me 15 months, so that would be 4 semesters.

mwjoseph in Greenville, Mississippi

60 months ago

What If I have already went to college for Medical transcription and Medical Administrastion could I have my other courses transferred and graudated earlier.

imbagliazzo in Missoula, Montana

59 months ago

Jami in Hickory, North Carolina said: I am looking into going back to school for medical Transcription...what schools would anyone recommend. I have looked into At Home Professions and
the local communtiy college. Why would one be better than the other?
Thanks.

Hi my name is Natasha and I have just started with At Home Proffesions.
So far i am very pleased and i im learning very quickly, they offer great help when i need it and have always been wonderful to talk to on the phone.

deenek in Orleans, Vermont

59 months ago

Jami in Hickory, North Carolina said: I am looking into going back to school for medical Transcription...what schools would anyone recommend. I have looked into At Home Professions and the local communtiy college. Why would one be better than the other?
Thanks.

Hi, I am in the process of taking the At Home Professions course for Medical Transcription. I am a bit nervious as I'm not finding any places that will hire unless a person has at least 2 years of experience. Does anyone know of any places that will hire people when they graduate from these at home schools?

msshell67 in Sikeston, Missouri

59 months ago

Thanks.

I took the course through At-Home Professions and it was very thorough and I learned alot. I would recommend this course because you still get the help you need and can work at your own pace.

willzhen in Austin, Texas

59 months ago

I just finished the medical transcriptionist course and have a good grades on it. Can you help me find a work at home job? I've been searching for one but everybody needs with 2 to 3 years experience. Is there anybody there can help me with work-at-home? I still don't have any experience.

deenek in Barre, Vermont

59 months ago

I don't have any problems with the course through At Hom Professions, however I am concerned about the amount it costs and not being able to find any work to re-coup the money it const. I have yet to find anyplace that will hire with less than 2 years experience. As you have taken and finished the course how much help did you recieve from them in finding work? Are you currently doing medical transcription? I truly want to do this, but am a bit nervious.

StephanieH in Oxford, Michigan

59 months ago

I am going to start a class for Medical transcription, and I was wondering what kind of foot pedal is best and also where I could purchase one. Thank you so much.

MT from Iowa in Tipton, Iowa

59 months ago

I'm wondering just exactly was included in the Medworkshops tuition costs. It looks like the "proofreading" class was extra? And if you wanted a medical dictionary, another $355? Something smells fishy here. Is it SUM training? What about BOS? Who hires the graduates? Can you name legit companies?

Students from Andrews have all coursework included, and that includes a full-size medical dictionary, reference books (that can be used in the real world on the job). We didn't need to have a school "get us a job" after completing the course----companies came to Andrews looking for new grads. Make sure any school you choose has the reputation that can help open doors and get you that first job. Employers do know who has a good training program and who doesn't.

I went to Andrews and certainly didn't need an "internship." I started in acute care ---regular pay for doing regular work. No "beginning wage" or paying to someone to "let me work."

Check out MTChat.com to see what working transcriptionists think of some of these "schools."

leann4mk in Kent, Washington

59 months ago

I chose Med Workshops because they are local and I was able to research and vet them. I know women who went through the school and are still employed with they're partner, TNI Transcription Network. They have an A+ rating with the BBB and the CEO, April, has been our states Business Woman of the Year twice.
I received all my books, medical dictionary, e-library, foot pedal and software. The books are the same ones used by the best schools. The course includes SUM training. The course is intense and I hope I make
it! The internship is included and is part of the course. TNI hires all of the graduates from Med Workshops. You do not have to accept the job, but most do. It's a great way to get your two years of experience. They only hire newbies from Med Workshops and Andrews. Med Workshops only takes as many students as they will have employment for.

ansicute@hotmail.com in Kochi, India

59 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking for some MT school in India where I can get this type of training.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.