Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical merchandiser salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

kacarregui@earthlink.net in Reno, Nevada

65 months ago

The key is....... work for several companies working the same stores.....make lots of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

birdlover in Redding, California

61 months ago

I have been a merchandiser for over 5 years. The one thing I have learned is that (at least in my area) you never get a raise. When I started 5 yrs ago I was making $10./hr which was pretty good at that time. Most jobs are still paying $10./hr today and very few companies pay mileage any more. It is getting very hard to continue this work even though I love it. I am certain that the management of these companies would not be working 5 yrs down the road if they were still making the same amount of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vizzul in Pompano Beach, Florida

56 months ago

Host said: What typical merchandiser salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

styling, boutiquing,etc. Being a merchandiser pays very little....but a visual merchandiser normally don't start below $15. I'm visual merch and so are most of my friends and most off them started off at about $22 per hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

s. houston in Dunn, North Carolina

55 months ago

kacarregui@earthlink.net in Reno, Nevada said: The key is....... work for several companies working the same stores.....make lots of money.

I wouldn't say "lots" of money but you can do pretty well working for 2 -3 companies and work the same stores, as well as get mileage. Very flexible hours and management is not looking over your shoulder all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.