Air Quality Job Opportunity in BC
Under the general direction of the Section Head, Environmental Quality Section, this position is responsible/required to conduct data acquisition programmes; provide interpretation and impact assessment of ambient air quality data for environmental protection and air quality management; (these interpretations and assessments to be developed through application of meteorological principles and experience in the analysis of air quality and meteorological data from both established and special purpose monitoring networks); provide scientific and technical expertise on air quality issues and carry out applied research programmes aimed at understanding existing and emerging problems; formulating programmes and alleviating air quality problems.
- Leader and coordinator of Air Quality initiatives within the region;
- Assist multi-stakeholder air quality roundtables with the implementation of cutting edge
airshed management plans;
- Liaison with external and internal groups;
- Assessing impact of air pollution sources;
- Designing and implementing Ministry systems for safeguarding air quality;
- Advising on meteorological and air quality matters
- Evaluating the impact on the environment of new or existing sources of air contaminants;
- Designing data acquisition programs to assess impact of air pollution sources;
- Providing interpretation and assessment of emissions and meteorology on air quality for
- Impact assessment and air quality management;
- Analysis of air quality and meteorological data; and
- Preparing comprehensive reports.
Masters of Science with one year relevant experience in air quality management OR Bachelor of Science in a related discipline and three years relevant experience, which includes two years experience in air quality management; OR Technica