The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about mortgage loan processor work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

KFlaton in Taylor, Michigan

49 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about mortgage loan processor work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

I have to speak in past tense to answer your questions, due to the fact I am laid off mortgage loan processor....

Some things I liked the most about that were: the hours (holidays/weekends off), I enjoyed the fast pace, having deadlines and time sensitive situations. It helped the day fly by fast, not to mention the months fly by! I also enjoyed my co-workers, the after-work functions and all the people I have met through the industry. I liked my salary and health care benefits as well.

Yes, it is a challenging profession and at times, your stress level will skyrocket, but once you've attacked the squashed a particular stressor, you become even more motivated to stay on top of everything and give it your all;-)

The main things I dislike: dealing with pissed off clients who refuse to comprehend what you tell them, no matter how many ways you've tried to offer your valid explanation. Usually, in those kinds of situations, I have them speak to their loan officer who is the client's initial point of contact. You're the processor. You shouldn't have to deal with the clients as much as most companies require/expect us to do. Also, I bothers me how things are constantly changing such as lenders rules, regulations and expectations. I don't mind change, but the mortgage business seems to change every darn day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KFlaton in Taylor, Michigan

49 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about mortgage loan processor work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

In terms of opportunities to learn and/or advance: It seems these days, one cannot get a loan processing job simply by getting her foot in the door. One is usually required to have 2-5 years experience, must be knowledgeable in various types of loans (FHA, VA, Reverse, Loan Modification). In order to be an underwriter, one must obtain a 4 year degree OR have several years experience as an Underwriter. Things are so different now...

The things that kept me at my job was ultimately the self rewarding benefits. I have a GED and became very good at processing loans. I stayed for several years because it made me feel important, boosted my self esteem, the work atmosphere is perfect for me and I was paid higher than some college graduates! I really enjoyed that job...now I can't even get a call back or an interview for a decent, respectable office-type job:-( Gotta go get a degree these days, for real. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.