Are museum curator job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most museum curator opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

sheryl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

where can I intern or work as an assistant to a curator with a associate degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ellie in Raleigh, North Carolina

68 months ago

Sheryl,

Call or send your CV to all your local museums, galleries, universities and historical societies to volunteer.

Is there a particular area that you want to work in? Like Archeology, History and Art? Start with the museum that you may want to specialize in when you complete your BA.

Also, bare in mind you may also be working with volunteers that have MA degrees. There are more people than there are jobs and many graduates volunteer whilst they are looking for jobs in the Museum and Heritage sectors.

Be open to all jobs and projects that come your way and even ask if you can participate on projects.

Best of Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Red

66 months ago

Ellie in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Sheryl,

Call or send your CV to all your local museums, galleries, universities and historical societies to volunteer.

Is there a particular area that you want to work in? Like Archeology, History and Art? Start with the museum that you may want to specialize in when you complete your BA.

Also, bare in mind you may also be working with volunteers that have MA degrees. There are more people than there are jobs and many graduates volunteer whilst they are looking for jobs in the Museum and Heritage sectors.

Be open to all jobs and projects that come your way and even ask if you can participate on projects.

Best of Luck.

I have worked on French masterpieces.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Red said: I have worked on French masterpieces.

You have worked on French masterpieces and.....?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Ellie in Raleigh, North Carolina said: You have worked on French masterpieces and.....?

Sorry, Red, I should clarify I am unsure what it is you are telling/asking me?

Regards.

E.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.