Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming music teacher interview?
Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?
I have been teaching over 40 years and have some advise for you:
1. Please know something about class management, how to spot potential trouble and head it off.
2. Strong piano skills are very important
3. DFon't be afraid of student input and suggestions.
4. Be familiar with the make up of you students population as to their talents and age behaviors.
5. Expose your students to all kinds of music styles.
6.Be assertive on values in the class such as respecting the person who is singing or reciting, paying attention to directions, and helping a student who struggeling.
7. Be ready to share some time during lunch for student forums.
8. Be personable but stay in charge.
7. Know your subject!!!!!!
8. Get to know your faculty well because you will need them for favors in the futur
9 Be ready for a wonderful adventure
10 GOOD LUCK