pay gas mileage

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Irene661 in Santa Clarita, California

80 months ago

I think Mystery shoppers/Evaluators should stand together and fight for gas mileage. In L/A. where I live, gas is up to 3.54per gallon. you drive at least 25 miles one way to do a job. Reimbursement should be mandatory. Thoughts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rabble in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

I absolutely agree. I am in Chicago with some of the highest gas in the country, and there is a lot of competition, so jobs for a measly $10 get snatched up quickly...Between the time spent doing the shop and the report, it's not even worth it for me when I factor in gas costs. I have definitely "raised the bar" on what shops I'll take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

carlnaustintx in Austin, Texas

62 months ago

Irene661 in Santa Clarita, California said: I think Mystery shoppers/Evaluators should stand together and fight for gas mileage. In L/A. where I live, gas is up to 3.54per gallon. you drive at least 25 miles one way to do a job. Reimbursement should be mandatory. Thoughts!

I agree... but the easiest way to "fight back" is to do the math and DO NOT accept jobs that are not worth the time and gas. Eventually, if enough shoppers won't take the lower paying jobs, the pay will have to be raised! This is a passive way to deal with getting fairly compensated without having to create an uprising that would only backfire and leave you unemployable by the companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

irene661 in Santa Clarita, California

62 months ago

The problem with your solution is, with the amount of shoppers in Los Angeles, they don't care if you turn down the job. There are many others that will do it. Turning your back on a job is not a solution to getting a raise or gas reimbursement. I have (especially this year) stopped doing many high end boutiques in Beverly Hills because of distance, I see no change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

rabble in Chicago, Illinois said: I absolutely agree. I am in Chicago with some of the highest gas in the country, and there is a lot of competition, so jobs for a measly $10 get snatched up quickly...Between the time spent doing the shop and the report, it's not even worth it for me when I factor in gas costs. I have definitely "raised the bar" on what shops I'll take.

My daughter lives in Chicago (W.Loop), so, I know how difficulot it is to drive and park. I'm thinking this is a "rich man's" job, and your in it for the perks...good food, ect, not the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I got an email to do a job in Beverly Hills...I asked the scheduler if I could have a few more $$ for gas, and was told yes, would $10.00 work. Glad I didn't turn that down. I now worked out have a "run" of three jobs on the way, and will make decent $$ for 3 hours (including driving).Can't hurt to ask.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

C.M. in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

irene661 in Santa Clarita, California said: I got an email to do a job in Beverly Hills...I asked the scheduler if I could have a few more $$ for gas, and was told yes, would $10.00 work. Glad I didn't turn that down. I now worked out have a "run" of three jobs on the way, and will make decent $$ for 3 hours (including driving ).Can't hurt to ask.....

Hello...which company do you work at? I am looking for a myster diner job position. Do you know which companies offer that position? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.