Best LVN Program in southern CA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Lauren in Fallbrook, California

39 months ago

Hi all:
I am in San Diego county and have looked into programs here, in orange county and riverside county for LVN programs. I did look at RN programs as well, but really can't be in school that long for now. I am looking to get done in a year to year and a half. I am a good student and am ready to work hard and learn. I have a degree in another field. Can anyone recommend the best school? Most Community Colleges have long wait lists, though I have heard north orange county ROP is a good school. I have loans from my prior degree, so a private school is not really an option. Any advice is appreciated. I am looking to get trained and out working ASAP, and would like to bridge to an RN later on. Can you transfer your LVN coursework to any school if you want to do a bridge program in the future? Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

christy in Oceanside, California

38 months ago

I am an LVN and I would not recommend going that route. There are no jobs in this field unless you are an RN. I have been a nurse since 1998 and have never had difficulty finding a job until I moved to California. If there is anyway possible, you should just go for your RN. Good luck to you. Please do not waste your time getting your LVN. It's not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jay1

37 months ago

The RN career prospects are much stronger and if you have your Bachelor's degree in nursing you will be extremely well positioned for the future. You can find a pretty extensive list of RN programs in CA here nurseslink.org/rn-programs/california/ and decide whether the additional training is worthwhile for you. Good luck in your future pursuits!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.