Can an LVN be a travel nurse?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

cowlicklover in Ennis, Texas

62 months ago

I see all kinds of adds wanting RNs for travel nursing jobs but not for LVNs. If LVNs can be travel nurses does anyone know the requirements or how many years you have to be an LVN before being able to be a travel nurse?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kalygirl007 in Dallas, Texas

61 months ago

aniram717 in Oakland, California said: I ran into an LVN at the state office here in CA that had actually arrived from an assignment in Texas. She was doing prison work, though.

Yes an LVN can be a travel nurse. Its rare but possible. I've seen a few ads here and there. My mom used to be a travel LVN (that was years ago though). Not sure of the requirements or years of experience. From what I've seen, LVN are mostly needed in California

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Howard, Colorado

39 months ago

cowlicklover in Ennis, Texas said: I see all kinds of adds wanting RNs for travel nursing jobs but not for LVNs. If LVNs can be travel nurses does anyone know the requirements or how many years you have to be an LVN before being able to be a travel nurse?

LVN's can travel anywhere RN's can travel!! Look at Aeurus Medical, Core Medical, Intellistaff MSN Healthcare, Supplemental Healthcare.. It depends on where you wish to go but we can get free housing, daily meal stipend, travel stipend, utilities paid, you can bring a pet, lots more! Check it out on the companies websites.. there are lots of other travel nursing companies.. do your homework! you usually need to be a lvn or lpn for at least 6 months to 1 year.. thats it! and be I.V. certified for more flexibility in jobs..
Good luck to ya!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.