Challenging the LVN Exam in Texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Tammy in Sherman, Texas

67 months ago

I am currently in the BSN program at Texas A&M Corpus Christi and wanted to know if anyone knows about how to challenge the BON to take the LVN exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

Tammy in Sherman, Texas said: I am currently in the BSN program at Texas A&M Corpus Christi and wanted to know if anyone knows about how to challenge the BON to take the LVN exam?

From what I hear, you will need to contact your school and they have to sign off on something for the BON to determine if you have met the LVN equivalency. I've also heard that many schools are not structuring their RN programs to allow for 2nd year students to do this any more. It all depends on your school. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cassandra Rogers, LVN in Channelview, Texas

64 months ago

I was in the BSN Program at Prairie View A&M University back in 2004 I had to drop because of need for surgery I had completed 4 semesters of the 5 semesters of the program on of my professors suggested that since I was not a traditional student and in case I could not come back to challenge the LVN borad for Texas so she helped my prepare the necassary paperwork and send my transcript to the board of nursing well after about 4 weeks I was approved and successfully challenged and passed the exam and was awarded my license in June 2004. I am now trying to return to school this fall to complete my BSN. So I advise you to speak with your school advisors for help ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cassandra Rogers, LVN in Channelview, Texas

64 months ago

I was in the BSN Program at Prairie View A&M University back in 2004 I had to drop because of need for surgery I had completed 4 semesters of the 5 semesters of the program one of my professors suggested that since I was not a traditional student and in case I could not come back to challenge the LVN board for Texas so she helped my prepare the necassary paperwork and send my transcript to the board of nursing well after about 4 weeks I was approved and successfully challenged and passed the exam and was awarded my license in June 2004. I am now trying to return to school this fall to complete my BSN. So I advise you to speak with your school advisors for help ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samantha SN in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

Hey I'm in the bsn program at PV right now and want to work somewhere while I'm in school as a LVN. I am in the third semester. I was wondering if you could tell me who you talked to at PVAMU CON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia Maskil in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

How do I change my LPN license from PA to am LVN license in Tx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

63 months ago

Cynthia Maskil in Uniontown, Pennsylvania said: How do I change my LPN license from PA to am LVN license in Tx

You can receive a TX LVN license by applying for endorsement. Just check on the Texas Board of Nursing website for the application and requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cynthia Maskil in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

Thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nene in Tulsa, Oklahoma

43 months ago

how long to change another state LVN to OK LVN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.