DOES IT MATTER IF YOU HAVE A DEGREE AS A LVN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

blackashe in Bakersfield, California

45 months ago

I am very confused about needing a degree for a lvn career. Some people tell me you dont need a degree just a lic. and that your employer wont even care if you have one or not. I am also wondering if they pay more if you have an associates degree, and if they well hire a person who has a degree before a person who does not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

45 months ago

blackashe in Bakersfield, California said: I am very confused about needing a degree for a lvn career. Some people tell me you dont need a degree just a lic. and that your employer wont even care if you have one or not. I am also wondering if they pay more if you have an associates degree, and if they well hire a person who has a degree before a person who does not.

Most LVN programs are not degree programs. They are typically 1 year diploma programs that make you eligible to test for a license through your state board of nursing. Employers typically don't care where you went to school or if you have a degree. I would do some research on the job market where you live, because I've heard it's near impossible to get nursing jobs there now. Try allnurses.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.